Steve_K

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think I should pay CHRISTIANS MINGLE $29,95 a month to find a potential mate?

It seems kinda silly.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Depends on how lonely you are I guess. I would pay the money if I had it on Christian mingle, but you can always just go to church and meet women there too. If you can afford it I say give it a chance. You never know.

Guest Teditis

I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with the idea of dating sites... but I'm not sure how they can screen out Christians from non-Christians

and posers... so the "weeding-out" process is up to you to do. $30/mo. is more than I care to spend on it, but I'm not looking for a mate right now, maybe

someday I would do that though. It's up to you Steve... I'm sure that there are a lot of fine Christian women there to talk with and get to know.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

I agree there is nothing wrong with such sites.  A friend of my mom's meet her husband on this site.  As for the 30 bucks, I guess that depends how much money you have.  I know people that spend more than that on their morning coffee each month.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Dating sites have become very popular over the last several years. But Ted is right it is the weeding out that you have to do just to find someone that is actually real. My advice is, get out of the house and go meet people. You build relationships that way. Computers will only take you so far. Plus to spending $30 dollars a month to meet people online just seems a bit high to me especially when you can go out and meet people for free or practically free(you buy dinner or whatever). 

I would be seeking the Lord if this is something He wants you to do. Sounds to me that there might be a lack of contentment in this area. It seems, and I could be wrong, that you are not completely trusting the Lord to meet your needs. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Steve_K said:

Do you think I should pay CHRISTIANS MINGLE $29,95 a month to find a potential mate?

It seems kinda silly.

Depends on if you want a $29.95 bride Steve. 

Now that I have had my fun, keep in mind I married the gal I met online.

First let me ask a few rhetorical questions:

Just what do you want  to give into a marriage?

What do you want to take out of a marriage?

Is marriage necessary for the company you may want to have?

Do you know how complicated second marriages can be as they involve adult children, grand children and many new relatives?  An antenuptial agreement is likely necessary for one partner or maybe both, and it is most traumatic to go through that process. It is like divorcing before one marries.

All that asked, I share that I have married  the person I met online! We met in the sense that we shared  exchanges on a Christian message board much like this one, not a dating  board at all, for years.  I had not even seen her as being female or male, just someone that posted on the site, a cyber entity. Then the pathways of our lives entwined, we courted via the message board and met in person and married. We are about to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

Got to go, my bride has dinner waiting.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Only if the site adheres to the rules of what JESUS would consider a valid marriage.   For that let us turn to two places in mathew

one it mark.   Adultery will never be recognized in JESUS eyes.   HE is our LORD.  so just remember .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Going from the advice in a thread about online dating in similar situations, the general recommendation is to first try to meet people through church, volunteer groups, and other social events in your area.  There are some people that have had good luck using dating sites like eharmony that try to match people before they meet.   Many that try dating sites, however, say it either is a lot of work or one still must weed through many 'bad dates' anyway.

Guest BacKaran

No, save your money and find someone at church or a bible study......I've tried all the web sites for Christians and got one response from a man in MN but unfortunately he was in a cult church and refused to talk about it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 9/6/2017 at 3:39 PM, Steve_K said:

It seems kinda silly.

I cannot give you an accurate answer. I suggest you pray about it, God can give you the answer.

I already faced a similar situation and the best thing I could do was to trust in God to direct my path. Now I feel in peace and not worried about it.

And as I have observed, it is really very easy to make a precipitated choice and ignoring God's warning. Then we may bring ourselves in serious trouble.

Take care! The Lord cares for you, trust in Him.

God bless you!