• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR EMAIL

Very interesting -- the University is standing by their professor and not bowing down to special interest groups!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/wichman.asp

Professor Wichman E-mail Claim: A Michigan professor sent an e-mail telling Muslim students to leave the country.

Status: True. The story begins at Michigan State University with a mechanical engineering professor named Indred Wichman.

Wichman sent an e-mail to the Muslim Student's Association.

The e-mail was in response to the students' protest of the Danish cartoons that portrayed the Prophet Muhammad as a terrorist.

The group had complained the cartoons were 'hate speech.'

============

In Professor Wichman’s e-mail, he said the following:

===============================

Dear Muslim Association, As a professor of Mechanical Engineering here at MSU I intend to protest your protest.

I am offended not by cartoons, but by more mundane things like beheadings of civilians, cowardly attacks on public buildings, suicide murders, murders of Catholic priests (the latest in Turkey), burnings of Christian churches, the continued persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt, the imposition of Sharia law on non-Muslims, the rapes of Scandinavian girls and women (called 'whores' in your culture), the murder of film directors in Holland, and the rioting and looting in Paris France.

This is what offends me, a soft-spoken person and academic, and many, many of my colleagues. I counsel you dissatisfied, aggressive, brutal, and uncivilized slave-trading Muslims to be very aware of this as you proceed with your infantile 'protests.'

If you do not like the values of the West - see the First Amendment - you are free to leave. I hope that most of you choose that option.

Please return to your ancestral homelands and build them up yourselves instead of troubling Americans.

Cordially, I. S. Wichman Professor of Mechanical Engineering

=============================

As you can imagine, the Muslim group at the university didn't like this too well. They're demanding that Wichman be reprimanded, that the university impose mandatory diversity training for faculty, and mandate a seminar on hate and discrimination for all freshmen.

Now, the local chapter of CAIR has jumped into the fray. CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, apparently doesn't believe that the good professor had the right to express his opinion.

==========

For its part, the university is standing its ground in support of Professor Wichman, We are in a war. This political correctness rubbish is getting old.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

As you can imagine, the Muslim group at the university didn't like this too well. They're demanding that Wichman be reprimanded, that the university impose mandatory diversity training for faculty, and mandate a seminar on hate and discrimination for all freshmen.

No, he deserves a medal and a raise. If the Muslims don't like what he said, they are free to leave the country and not let the door hit them on rear end on the way out.   We don't need them.   And their sympathizers can leave with them.   Good riddance.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

I am curious why you are bringing up an email sent by someone 11 years ago? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for posting this, Kiwi.  Some of the professors articles from the last month are good food for thought as well. 

"We engineers like to solve technical problems. That’s the way we think, that’s why we chose our major, that’s why we got into and stayed in engineering.  There are several other reasons why we got into engineering. One of them was the absence of what I describe here as “social engineering,” where the professor/instructor is interested not so much in solving technical problems as in setting the world right—in his or her opinion.  A second and related reason is that engineering (and the sciences generally) should be, like the scales of justice, blind. Engineering does not care about your color, sexual orientation, or your other personal and private attributes. All it takes to succeed is to do the work well.

... One of the features of their growing power is the phenomenon of “engineering education” programs and schools. They have sought out the soft underbelly of engineering, where phrases such as “diversity” and “different perspectives” and “racial gaps” and “unfairness” and “unequal outcomes” make up the daily vocabulary. Instead of calculating engine horsepower or microchip power/size ratios or aerodynamic lift and drag, the engineering educationists focus on group representation, hurt feelings, and “microaggressions” in the profession."

https://www.jamesgmartin.center/2017/08/engineering-education-social-engineering-rather-actual-engineering/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

All I know is whenever I have posted a snopes link I get told it is fake and run by liberals. Just saying. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,095
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

maybe just getting around to finding it...    kind of like some of the old threads that get resurrected here.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I think the question is..is it relevant today? l'd say more so than 11 years ago.

I find the whole concept silly.  He is basically saying "I am offended by what Muslims do in other countries, so I am going to take it out on you".  

Sort of like someone saying they are offended by what the Westboro Baptist folks do so they are going to hold all Christians responsible. 

How about we just judge people by their own actions and not the actions of folks far away.  

Crazy idea I know.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,095
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

One of the major policies that the Muslim Brotherhood has is to criminalize speech putting down Islam, Allah or Mohammad.....    It's one of the steps in overthrowing a government that Islam uses everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1