IGNORED

The Failure of the Prosperity Gospel Illustrated During Harvey

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Many people think that if you don't have the prosperity of this world you are not in fellowship with God... But I think a sign of fellowship with God is spiritual prosperity, and not material.

"For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content." - 1 Timothy 6:7-8

"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon." - Matthew 6:24

The reality is that no natural disasters can take away your salvation, but all the material things can vanish at any time.

Thank God. Always!

yes, exactly.   Another thing is that makes the prosperity gospel is  false gospel is that you don't have to be a Christian to want what it offers:  Bigger house, more money, perfect health, fatter portfolio, better job, etc.    You can believe the prosperity gospel and not have to change at all.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,762
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

8 hours ago, Denadii said:

As I said.  I'm not defending him.  I'm telling you that you're wrong in judging.  But I've already said that and you said that you're just too smart to make a mistake. 

Removed -- So I'm done with you kids.

Please keep it friendly. :)  Seriously, we're trying to sharpen one another in LOVE -- if you can't handle that simple truth -- then you'll be removed from this thread.  Remember the Lord came preaching both-- GRACE and TRUTH in the fulness of His Love! :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

8 hours ago, Denadii said:

Frankly  I think I can honestly say that I've been a Christian for longer than you've been alive.  I do know what I'm talking about and I am not ignorant of the Word.   But you......

This is another instance of a personal attack.  Let's not do this any longer. :)  Thanks!  If you see any personal attacks ... please report it.  I didn't have time to read through this thread ... but there's a couple that has been reported and I'm not going to spend my time reading through this thread.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

5 minutes ago, George said:

This is another instance of a personal attack.  Let's not do this any longer. :)  Thanks!  If you see any personal attacks ... please report it.  I didn't have time to read through this thread ... but there's a couple that has been reported and I'm not going to spend my time reading through this thread.

I don't cry about personal attacks, but if you want to talk to me about it, check everybody involved. Is that fair?   I will try to be more patient though.

Edited by Denadii

• Steward

Just now, Denadii said:

I don't cry about personal attacks, but if you want to talk to me about it, check everybody involved. Is that fair?   

Honestly, you just need to report them and let the moderators deal with them.  We just like to sharpen one another in love.  There's no place for personal attacks on the forums.   The goals of the forums are not to see who wins a debate -- but sharpening one another in love.  

Pro 27:17  Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. 

When you have personal attacks, then it's no longer sharpening one another -- it's the opposite effect.

Pro 18:19  A brother offended is more unyielding than a strong city, and quarreling is like the bars of a castle. 

So we're trying to grow from one another -- not bash one another. :)

1 minute ago, George said:

Honestly, you just need to report them and let the moderators deal with them.  We just like to sharpen one another in love.  There's no place for personal attacks on the forums.   The goals of the forums are not to see who wins a debate -- but sharpening one another in love.  

Pro 27:17  Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. 

When you have personal attacks, then it's no longer sharpening one another -- it's the opposite effect.

Pro 18:19  A brother offended is more unyielding than a strong city, and quarreling is like the bars of a castle. 

So we're trying to grow from one another -- not bash one another. :)

Ok George. If that's what you want, I'll try to work with you.

• Steward

3 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Ok George. If that's what you want, I'll try to work with you.

I appreciate it.  I find that I've learned more from those I disagree with -- than those I agree with -- as it sharpens my arguments -- redefines my positions.   I love a good discussion in love. :)

2 minutes ago, George said:

I appreciate it.  I find that I've learned more from those I disagree with -- than those I agree with -- as it sharpens my arguments -- redefines my positions.   I love a good discussion in love. :)

Yeah.   I like a good discussion too but these kids like to fight and sling mud.  I get kind of hissy at that.  I have no patience with 'stupidity'   Can I call it that?  I'm asking because I'm not all that used to interacting with people.  I'm quite reclusive, but thought I would give it a try.

• Steward

Just now, Denadii said:

Yeah.   I like a good discussion too but these kids like to fight and sling mud.  I get kind of hissy at that.  I have no patience with 'stupidity'   Can I call it that?  I'm asking because I'm not all that used to interacting with people.  I'm quite reclusive, but thought I would give it a try.

You see, that's what I would call a personal attack and it really doesn't help.  Degratory insults aren't what the Bible teaches us how to teach.  

2 Ti 2:23  Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. 
2 Ti 2:24  And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 
2 Ti 2:25  correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 
2 Ti 2:26  and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. 

We correct in love and kindness -- patiently enduring the evil insults toward us -- and if it so happens -- God will allow them to see the truth! :)  I trust that's how to deal with those in "opposition" to themselves.  It's Biblical. :) 

4 minutes ago, George said:

You see, that's what I would call a personal attack and it really doesn't help.  Degratory insults aren't what the Bible teaches us how to teach.  

2 Ti 2:23  Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. 
2 Ti 2:24  And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 
2 Ti 2:25  correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 
2 Ti 2:26  and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. 

We correct in love and kindness -- patiently enduring the evil insults toward us -- and if it so happens -- God will allow them to see the truth! :)  I trust that's how to deal with those in "opposition" to themselves.  It's Biblical. :) 

So you're saying I should shut up and back off when they get like that?  I can do that.