• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just now, Denadii said:

So you're saying I should shut up and back off when they get like that?  I can do that.

I find that walking away ... losing a battle ... is sometimes necessary to win a war. :)  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

7 minutes ago, George said:

I find that walking away ... losing a battle ... is sometimes necessary to win a war. :)  

LOL  I'm familiar with the strategy.  I just get caught up...Oh well.....I'm going to bed.  Its two AM here and my lady says I'm an old man.   G'night.   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Oh, Denadii, bro, I said previously in another thread that I was a bit like you.  I didn't mean like this (telling people they are not Christians, which I think you have now apologised for).  With regard to true disciples of Christ, He knows those who are His.  There is a difference between being judgemental and being discerning.  The Bible tells us to be discerning.  We must be able to test the spirits and discern whether or not there are ravenous wolves amongst us, but not judge the world, which is for God alone to do.

Edited by SisterActs2
Changed my mind about my wording.

James 4:11-12 (CJB)

11 Brothers, stop speaking against each other! Whoever speaks against a brother or judges a brother is speaking against Torah and judging Torah. And if you judge Torah, you are not a doer of what Torah says, but a judge. 12 There is but one Giver of Torah; he is also the Judge, with the power to deliver and to destroy. Who do you think you are, judging your fellow human being?

26 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That is the second time you have used that insult.  Once again, I am not a kid.  I am only 11 years younger than you.

There was no fighting.  There was no mudslinging.  What there was were some baseless accusations from you about either we didn't know anything about Osteen at all, or we got all our info from Youtube.  When pointedly asked the question as to how you knew these things you suddenly acted like you had never said it.  Once you put something out there you should be responsible enough, especially at your age, to deal with it, not drop it like it's hot.  After that you just started peppering your posts with insults, like calling us "kids" when you have no clue how old we are.

Yes, calling someone stupid is most definitely an insult.

Oh cool down.  I was not talking to you.

17 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

1 Peter 2:17  Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king. 

1 Peter 3:15  Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

2 Timoth 4:2  Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction

Being reclusive does not give an excuse for treating fellow believers with open disrespect.  You are, depending on your behavior, worthy of more respect because of your age but that does not give you license to insult people or tell them they are "kids."

It has been my experience that kids kick about being called kids.  Adults don't mind.   Can we end this foolish conversation now?  

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

Once I see you take responsibility for your behavior.  You have been unwilling to do so, so far.  Poor behavior has consequences, and it also demands certain steps be taken to both correct it and make amends for it, once it is pointed out.

I'm taking responsibility.  I called you a kid. Happy now? Good. Stop acting like a kid then   I won't be answering you again.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 9/18/2017 at 6:48 PM, Denadii said:

I'm taking responsibility.  I called you a kid. Happy now? Good. Stop acting like a kid then   I won't be answering you again.

Were these children of God blessed with prosperity??  Osteen preaches false doctrines.

Heb 11:36  And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Heb 11:37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38  (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

4 minutes ago, Robert William said:

Were these children of God blessed with prosperity??  Osteen preaches false doctrines.

Heb 11:36  And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Heb 11:37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38  (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

I know nothing of Osteen for or against.  It's not my business.  

Yes God wants His kids prosperous.   Do you know who did all of those horrible things in the verses above?    The religious people did it.   And the religious people are about to do it again.    You see another example of that in the history of the Church.  Religious people instigated all of that too.    Well, with the Christians, the Romans helped.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 minutes ago, Denadii said:

I know nothing of Osteen for or against.  It's not my business.  

Yes God wants His kids prosperous.   Do you know who did all of those horrible things in the verses above?    The religious people did it.   And the religious people are about to do it again.    You see another example of that in the history of the Church.  Religious people instigated all of that too.

It's all Christians responsibility to expose lies and defend the faith. :).

Edited by Robert William