• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

Just now, Robert William said:

It's all Christians responsibility to expose lies and defend the faith. :).

Yeah but we have to do it along the lines laid out by the bible.   Not with railing accusations.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Yeah but we have to do it along the lines laid out by the bible.   Not with railing accusations.

Accusations backed with facts tested by the spirit. are exactly what God has instructed.

You have already stated you know absolutely nothing about smiley mans teaching but yet you call him a man called by God.

Have you taken the time since then to do your homework? John MacArthur has many videos on youtube addressing the subject . his channel is gracetoyou

It is just as much your responsibility to defend the faith than it is mine or anyone elses. Unless of course, you are not up for the task!

When we have the truth in us;we recognize untruth and expose it! That is NOT railing accusations.

2 tim 2:15

1 Timothy 5:20

As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Ephesians 5:11

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

• Group:  Senior Member

10 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Accusations backed with facts tested by the spirit. are exactly what God has instructed.

You have already stated you know absolutely nothing about smiley mans teaching but yet you call him a man called by God.

Have you taken the time since then to do your homework? John MacArthur has many videos on youtube addressing the subject . his channel is gracetoyou

It is just as much your responsibility to defend the faith than it is mine or anyone elses. Unless of course, you are not up for the task!

When we have the truth in us;we recognize untruth and expose it! That is NOT railing accusations.

2 tim 2:15

1 Timothy 5:20

As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Ephesians 5:11

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Only two things   1   I did not say, I'm sure, that he's a man of God. I did say he is a man called by God.

2 I think it most UNWISE to seek the truth on Youtube....That's like asking the democrats for the truth.

9 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Only two things   1   I did not say, I'm sure, that he's a man of God. I did say he is a man called by God.

2 I think it most UNWISE to seek the truth on Youtube....That's like asking the democrats for the truth.

I fail to see your reasoning.

1) I just said that you said he was called by God!  I know exactly what you meant. Quit playing word games. You spoke out of turn giving him credit undeserved. He is a wolve. He is NOT called by God

2) Your comment doesnt make any sense. A video posted on youtube of John MacArthur preaching AT HIS CHURCH or anywhere else is just that!! Its a video on youtube.  John MacArthur is a reputable man of reformed theology .

32 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I fail to see your reasoning.

1) I just said that you said he was called by God!  I know exactly what you meant. Quit playing word games. You spoke out of turn giving him credit undeserved. He is a wolve. He is NOT called by God

2) Your comment doesnt make any sense. A video posted on youtube of John MacArthur preaching AT HIS CHURCH or anywhere else is just that!! Its a video on youtube.  John MacArthur is a reputable man of reformed theology .

He is called by God.  He is in the preachers chair.  If God had not wanted him there, the man would not be there.  

I don't know John MacArthur any more than I know Osteen. so I'm really not interested in what he has to say.  In addition to that.  He is not speaking against false teaching as the bible says to do it.  

The fruit is the evidence.....Is MacArthur a false teacher?!  

Of course there is no way to know unless we are shown by the Holy Spirit.  So we back off until we know the enemy.   I do not know Osteen.

42 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I am not sure that anyone really "seeks" the truth on Youtube, but just like anything else, whatever is on Youtube is only as good as whoever made it.  John MacArthur is a sound biblical teacher so one could be fairly confident that they could watch one of his videos on Youtube and get sound biblical doctrine.  If you forwarded a teacher you thought had merit, I would research him and if he sounded kosher I would watch one of his videos to see what you were talking about and I would see nothing wrong with that video being on Youtube.  The content is what's important, not the place.  

You spoke earlier about religion causing a great deal of problems within the Church, and I would agree with you.  Joel Osteen does not preach Christianity.  He preaches religion.  He preaches Path Of Least Resistance Religion that says that you can not only come to Jesus the way you are, but you can stay that way.  You spoke in another thread that the person you once were is now dead and you are new creation in Christ.  All of us are, if we are born again.  Osteen does not teach that.  He teaches that you can come to his church and there is no need for you to change at all.  Keep your pet sins.  Keep your lifestyle.  Seek your own path, you'll find "God" and salvation no matter what that path is. All that is important, in Osteen's doctrine is that if you want lots of stuff while you are here, all you have to do is speak the right words and God will shower you with material wealth beyond your wildest dreams.  And you get the trophy wife or husband and 2.5 kids in the bargain.  The perks of Osteen's doctrine are endless, and they all revolve around the world.  I am sure you could understand why that is not sound biblical doctrine.  It is also not the kind of message that a man truly called by God would be preaching.  Because Jesus is not anywhere in it.

I would hope you're right about Youtube and nobody seeks truth there.  As I said before I don't know Osteen so I neither stand for or against him.   I'm simply saying that Christians tend to stand against false teaching all wrong.  I'll put up a thread about that later today. 

Mr MacArthur may be a good preacher but he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like everybody else.  That means he's subject to error too.  If he is preaching against Osteen, Osteens guilt or innocence notwithstanding, he is doing it wrong. He is in error.

Frankly I'm surprised that nobody has challenged me on my assertion that Christians in general stand against false teaching all wrong.

12 minutes ago, Denadii said:

He is called by God.  He is in the preachers chair.  If God had not wanted him there, the man would not be there.  

I don't know John MacArthur any more than I know Osteen. so I'm really not interested in what he has to say.  In addition to that.  He is not speaking against false teaching as the bible says to do it.  

The fruit is the evidence.....Is MacArthur a false teacher?!  

Of course there is no way to know unless we are shown by the Holy Spirit.  So we back off until we know the enemy.   I do not know Osteen.

You dont know osteen but you say he called by God? Do you see how you talk yourself into a corner?

MacArthur has been tested according to the word of God! Do you know what that means. SMH........

amazing

Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

You dont know osteen but you say he called by God? Do you see how you talk yourself into a corner?

MacArthur has been tested according to the word of God! Do you know what that means. SMH........

amazing

Um....what corner?   

If MacArthur is so good, why is he preaching against Osteen?  Thats disobedience to the Word of God.

5 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Um....what corner?   

If MacArthur is so good, why is he preaching against Osteen?  Thats disobedience to the Word of God.

Im not playing your games.

Proverbs26:…4Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. 5Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes. 6He cuts off his own feet and drinks violence Who sends a message by the hand of a fool.…

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

What did the Apostles do with false teachers?  What did they instruct us to do with them?  We have a solemn duty to warn people about false teachers.  If we do not, and someone falls for the false doctrine, we will be held accountable as well.  We saw the danger but failed to warn anyone about it.  No one is saying that Osteen will go to hell.  If you go down that road, you have taken it too far, and now you actually are judging the man.  He could come around at some point, realize his error and correct it.  That is always the hope.  But it is in no way "error" to see doctrine, and a teacher that is quite obviously in error and both point them out and warn against them.  That is actually the biblical prototype for how it is supposed to be done.  If we truly care about someone, we always warn them against any danger that could befall them, including false teachers.

The apostles did do something about false teachers but they did it right.

They did warn the people against false teachers.

Of course we care about the victims of false teachers but what good do we do if we are disobedient in the doing of it?

I'm almost finished the thing on the HOW of it.   Then I'll show it to you all.