• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1995

i know i shouldn't ask about this matter, about what's happening in the church. im one of the young people in my church. and i really have a strong desire to serve God. i know that i don't have to please men. but sadly i can see they(young people) don't have a willingness in their heart. i know i shoudn't be so judgemental. but action speaks louder than words. and i can see it in their action. 

There are no perfect churches.  The church I am attending right now is not ideal for me.  It is Independent Baptist and I am Pentecostal.  It is just that overall, they are closer to my beliefs than any full gospel churches in my immediate area.  

You are the temple of the Holy Ghost.  Live according to the teachings of the Bible, no matter how much others are compromising.  Don't let them pull you down, but by example, show the right way.  You shouldn't even have to say anything.  They will see something different about you.  I would imagine that people will start asking you about why you refrain from things they do.  Just tell them the reason.  Don't attack them, and don't let them influence you.  They should come under conviction.  They may not change, but God can deal with them.  Pray for them.  There is not much else you can do.  

As for the question you asked about knowing if you are in the right church, the question you must ask yourself is if it is in line with the Bible.  Is there another church in your area that is more Biblical?  Read your Bible and see if what is taking place is right based on that.  I can tell you from personal experience that most churches are not following the order laid out in the Bible to the letter.  I have been trying to get that message out, in the hopes that churches that desire to follow scripture can, or perhaps others might want to start a church that is following Biblical principles.  

Anyway, look around.  Find the best church you can based on the Bible.  Be the church.  One person can do great things if they are sold out to God and seek his Kingdom and righteousness first.  Hang in there.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

The main question I ask myself about finding the "right" church is whether or not they teach the true Word of God without compromise or watering it down to appeal to the masses. As far as what others do - it shouldn't matter to you, although I know a large part of attending church is for fellowship (i'm currently struggling in mine at the moment for similar reasons). If there is another church in your area that teaches the Scripture that offers better fellowship then I say go test the waters, but don't leave a church because of what others are doing or not doing. 

Additionally - I would say that your church probably needs you. If they are inundated with those living in compromise then it would need people who refuse to do so, pray for your church and your pastor. The Lord can bring the change it needs. Be Blessed!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

There's a difference between being judgmental and being wise and discerning. Don't let the modern culture tell you that you can no longer call a spade a spade.

Examine their teachings against the Bible, which is the ultimate authority. If you find ways in which their teachings differ, it's time to find another church. As Butero said, there are no perfect churches, but sadly there are very few now who even attempt to be perfect churches.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, Jesica said:

i know i shouldn't ask about this matter, about what's happening in the church. im one of the young people in my church. and i really have a strong desire to serve God. i know that i don't have to please men. but sadly i can see they(young people) don't have a willingness in their heart. i know i shoudn't be so judgemental. but action speaks louder than words. and i can see it in their action. 

Hi Jesica,

Pleased to meet you and hear that you have a strong desire to serve the Lord. As you are among the young people there, then ask the Lord what He desires for you there with them. It maybe to come along side a young lady and encourage her, perhaps read the word together & pray for others.

It is helpful to realise that a church meeting in a public building is really open to the public, so you will have people at all stages of growth. Some come to mix with others, some for the programs etc etc. Remember that God said - where there are 2 or 3 gathered in His name then He is there in the midst. That is a great comfort, so see where your 2 or 3 group is, with like minded, hearted ones. Perhaps there is an older woman who you would like to learn from? Look around and see who God leads you to.

all the best, and praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 9/8/2017 at 6:31 AM, Jesica said:

As Butero said "there is no perfect Church".  You may find another Church that you think is spiritual but after a few months you will discover there are weaknesses.  There will be some Christians compromising or someone will fall into temptation.  Whatever Church you find yourself, one question you should ask is whether you are being fed spiritually?  Can you grow as a Christian in that Church?  I have been in Churches where the only topic the pastor knew was salvation and repentance.  Every Sunday I learnt different ways of preaching salvation and repentance, which was good for non-Christians.  But some Christians need solid food to move on to perfection. Hebrews 6:1.

I pray that the Spirit of God guides you into a Christian fellowship, where you would learn more about God and where God can use you for others as well.

Couppy

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I attend church to worship God and sing His praises in the congregation.  You might talk to your youth leader, if you have one, and see if your group can do any outreach ministries.  Our youth go to other towns to help with children programs, to hold crusades or to help with Vacation Bible School and spread flyers to invite people.  Sometimes they help to paint, and even build retaining walls when needed.  They raise money for their own transportation and expenses.  It is an annual project.  Sometimes they visit the elderly to just be a friend to the lonely.  They also help out with chores.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Of course the Church is important but the one who saves you is Jesus. I go to Church, because I feel like I "need" it. But why would you attend Church if you don't believe that Jesus is your savior? Believing in Christ is the only path to salvation. Don't worry about the Church. You can change it if you want but make sure it is a Christian one.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:31 AM, Jesica said:

understand that not all people come to the level you are, at the same age.   Be a shinning light to them and show them the way.

To answer your question in the Topic Subject as to whether or not you are at the right church, I would say to look at the people within it as a whole.     Do they love one another?     Do they really show a love for one another?   if the answer is no, then you are not in the right church.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  861
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

On 9/8/2017 at 1:31 AM, Jesica said:

Hi Jesica! :)  

I appreciate that at a young age you desire to serve God and you want the church to be all that it can be!  It's nice to have brothers/sisters with like mindedness to walk beside us and spur us on while we are doing ministry here on Earth.  Most of us know there is no perfect church because they are made up of us imperfect humans.  However, since church is for edification of the saints, it is an important decision to find a local church body that we will belong to.  

Some questions I consider when looking for a church:

1) Is this a church that teaches God's Word and me/my family will be regularly fed?

2) Is this a church that cares for souls of the body (discipleship, ministers to widows/fatherless, etc.)?

3) Is there a place for me to use my spiritual gifts and serve?

4) Is this church fulfilling the Great Commission?

5) Is this where God is leading me to be?

Some things that are flags indicating this is not a church for me:

1) I leave service without getting anything out of it, no spiritual insight.

2) If a church is unfriendly, cliquish, respector of persons (looking down on the lowly), etc.

3) Teaching heresy, biblical untruths.

4) Unhealthy or unstable church, (disunity, no leadership/not qualified leadership/unrepentant sin in leadership, financial problems, etc.)

I also think in the times in which we are living it's sometimes hard to find the church our soul desires.  The things that are not what they should be can be very difficult to process and deal with.  I would encourage you to lift up all these concerns to the Lord.  Pray for the other young people that upset you by their lack of desire to serve God, that He would change their hearts.  Try to lead by example and show them how to honor the Lord.  Ask God to lead you where He wants you.  

Many blessings to you, Gem

• Loved it! 1