bornagain2011

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't sure where to post this topic, but I found this interesting.

So last week a friend posted an article on Facebook about how too much stuff can cause stress, and that when she got rid of a lot of her stuff she became happier. I decided to do the same. Yes this ties in with prophecy, eventually.

So we have been purging our house and getting rid of tons and tons of stuff, things look so different, and Im feeling a lot better.

Now this is interesting, I've tried to give my things to my friends, but they are all purging their homes too! And I was listening to the radio the other day while purging a room and James Macdonald was on talking about this same thing! 

This got me thinking...is God perhaps helping us prepare for the rapture? Maybe loosening our grip on this world? Or something like this? 

With all the hurricanes, fires, earthquakes,etc going on it seems interesting. 

Or maybe Im just reading into it.

Anyone else all the sudden have an urge to clean out your house and get your affairs in order?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, bornagain2011 said:

Anyone else all the sudden have an urge to clean out your house and get your affairs in order?

There are benefits to keeping a minimum of "stuff", however, since none of us really know exactly what's ahead, it's far better for us if we clean out our spiritual house, stay awake, and keep our garments.

• "Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame."  Revelation 16:15
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

OCD and hoarding. If I do not use something in a couple of years it gets tossed out or given to the Salvation army. I hate clutter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, very true last daze, I've been getting ready spiritually as well, actually I think it's the Holy Spirit getting me ready. I've been dealing with some sins that pop up in my life (overeating, and being judgmental).

Missmuffet,  I didn't even realize how much stuff I had until I started decluttering! I hate clutter as well. But something I've now learned is that just organizing my stuff and keeping everything neat and tidy isn't enough. The more stuff I have the more stuff I have to pick up and organize. I was left with several rubbermaid containers, an empty bookshelf, and some empty furniture storage things. So some of our furniture is gone too. It's so therapeutic!

I think you are reading into it.  I dont think God is  concerned with "stuff" .Who cares what is left when we are gone? I dont and I dont think  God does . Just sayin..

God is concerned with our spiritual house! That is all that matters; the nature of our heart.

I do agree with purging because it is healthy . Clutter does cause stress and confusion which is not of the LORD but of the enemy. It robs us of our peace and joy.

I have purged  several times in the last ten  yrs and it  always feels so good. We alays have more than we need imho. When I lived on a 38 x10 ft houseboat I had the lest amount of stuff and I didnt want for anything except getting off the water after the novelty wore off . lol

Ill be purging again very soon because I am moving clear across the states. 

Enjoy your clutter free home :) 

I look forward to enjoying my different clutter free home  very soon! 

Blessings

Blessings