Joseph John

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Anger is not wrong if it's anger against sin . You should be angry . Moreover if you see somebody doing some wicked stuff and you are not then you are just as bad as person doing it .

Eph 4

26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

27 Neither give place to the devil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/17/2017 at 6:26 AM, Diaste said:

Yeah? What about the wrath of God? Slaying with the sword of His mouth? Destroying the armies of the earth? God does exhibit anger. We are made in his image and that does not mean just the physical.

What in this quote insinuates, "all God is capable of is anger. "? The OP asked a question and I answered it.

18 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

I never put words in your mouth; your own post insinuated that all God is capable of is anger. The fact is that if God truly took His total anger out on this planet in full measure, no one and nothing would be here at all. He could have killed David, but didn't. He could have killed all of Israel several times over, but instead punished them in ways that would attempt to bring them back to Him. God warned the king who took Sarah, because he was lied to by Abraham and had no idea who she really was!

As for "anger": there is a difference between righteous anger  and regular anger, no matter how much you want there not to be. Humans get angry and sin affects that, but God's anger is never petulant or sinful. God doesn't punish people for what they have no control or responsibility over, and even with Sodom and Gomorrah, He allowed Abraham to "bargain" Him down. He tried to have mercy on them and gave them a chance; it's only when it was clear there were none repentant whatsoever that God finally judged them.  Even then, God gave Lot, who chose to live there time to get clear of the place that he had chosen poorly before blasting it with fire.

God didn't have to do that.  Don't blame Abraham or God for Sodom and Gomorrah's wickedness and failure to recognize the time of their visitation.

I'm not ignoring any of God's attributes; instead, I'm also focusing on His compassion, love, salvation,  in addition to His anger and wrath. God is not some sort of ill-tempered ogre who just barely remembered to die on the cross for us. Yes, God is capable of anger, but even in the Old Testament, God wanted to show compassion and forgiveness. Scripture records that fact clearly.

So, you are correct: ignoring some of the attributes of the Lord is no way to understand Him. I just wish you would apply that lesson to yourself, Diaste.

What are you talking about? Must be the fear. "Is the God of Israel and angry God?" Yes. Lots of examples of His anger toward his enemies and His own people. Do you suppose He punished His people when he was elated? No. he punished them in anger. No difference between righteous anger  and regular anger. It's still anger. The difference is in the character of the one exhibiting the anger. 

There is something very wrong with your thinking, isn't there? I'm not blaming anyone. I'm pointing out that God's anger came upon Sodom and Gomorrah. You said he had no anger. Abraham tried to save the cities. They deserved destruction. God destroyed them. In anger. Or did you think he destroyed them in His appreciation of their culture? 

You are trying to remove an attribute of God because of personal conviction. God is all things to all men. He is everything you described and so much more one would assume.

Your big mistake is in thinking you fully understand me or my words and launching your attack. I bet this will really blow you away:

Ex 34

14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Wow. God is jealous? 

Bet you will never admit to this.

Edited by Diaste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Nope, He is slow to anger, "The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love," (Psalm 103:8), even Moses testifies of this, "The LORD passed in front of Moses, calling out, "Yahweh! The LORD! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness," (Exodus 34:6), God even ate with Moses and the Elders before He came as Christ, "Then Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel climbed up the mountain. 10 There they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself. 11 And though these nobles of Israel gazed upon God, he did not destroy them. In fact, they ate a covenant meal, eating and drinking in his presence!," (Exodus 24:9-11), The God of Israel, compassion on sinful Nineveh  (Jonah 3:6, Jonah 4:1-14). God so loved us He sent His son, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life," (John 3:16), Jesus who is God of Israel died for us when we were yet sinners, "Now it is an extraordinary thing for one to willingly give his life even for an upright man, though perhaps for a good man [one who is noble and selfless and worthy] someone might even dare to die. But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Therefore, since we have now been justified [declared free of the guilt of sin] by His blood, [how much more certain is it that] we will be saved from the [a]wrath of God through Him," (Romans 5:7-9),  we spared of God's wrath through God, "Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!," (Romans 5:9), and Jesus Christ who is Love (1 John 4:18) and Truth (John 14:6) made a way of salvation for those who angered Him who is the God of Israel, "Confess that Jesus is Lord (God of Israel, Jehovah)," (Romans 10:9), and "and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:11). 

I don't see an angry God, but a Gracious God (Exodus 34:6, John 1:17). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor