• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

The Holy Spirit from what I understand from scripture is a Who not a What. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

The Holy Spirit from what I understand from scripture is a Who not a What. :)

Jay,he didn,t say that,did you listen to the whole sermon?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Jay,he didn,t say that,did you listen to the whole sermon?

Nope. Read the title of your post and just said the Holy Spirit is a Who not a What :)

I can't get past the title. For me if the title is scripturally incorrect I am going to imagine the sermon is as well. Just my opinion.

Just now, Jaydog1976 said:

Nope. Read the title of your post and just said the Holy Spirit is a Who not a What :)

Maybe you change your opinion if you listen to the video? I would be glad if you could point errors out to me as I might have missed something?

Just now, angels4u said:

Maybe you change your opinion if you listen to the video? I would be glad if you could point errors out to me as I might have missed something?

Can I ask you a question? Can you show me in scripture where the Holy Spirit is a what? Let's take John 14 for example when Jesus sends the Comforter. The Holy is a Who. Now the things He does is a What. For example what does the Holy Spirit do? He comforts, he helps us understand scripture. He is a Who because He is God. So my thought is when I see a title like this it will automatically keep me from watching a video where the title is not scripturally correct. Now if he said Who is the Holy Spirit I would be more inclined to watch the sermon. But I will leave it at that. 

4 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Can I ask you a question? Can you show me in scripture where the Holy Spirit is a what? Let's take John 14 for example when Jesus sends the Comforter. The Holy is a Who. Now the things He does is a What. For example what does the Holy Spirit do? He comforts, he helps us understand scripture. He is a Who because He is God. So my thought is when I see a title like this it will automatically keep me from watching a video where the title is not scripturally correct. Now if he said Who is the Holy Spirit I would be more inclined to watch the sermon. But I will leave it at that. 

He called his sermon like that because that is what many people say , he does not call the Holy Spirit what or it....

I agree He could have called it ,who is the Holy Spirit..

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

He called his sermon like that because that is what many people say , he does not call the Holy Spirit what or it....

I agree He could have called it ,who is the Holy Spirit..

Exactly my point. See the reason I harp on titles is because it gives us a glimpse into what the message is about. JW's believe that the Holy Spirit is a what. They believe him to be just a force (kind of like star wars). This we know is totally incorrect. That is why terminology is so important for us Christians. But I will watch the video when I get home from work. I can't watch youtube here at work. Then I will most likely post comments afterward. Not trying to debate just making sure that our terminology as Christians stay intact. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

This reminds me of the old statement "Don't judge a book by its cover".  See what the preacher says and find out if what he teaches is true or not.

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Exactly my point. See the reason I harp on titles is because it gives us a glimpse into what the message is about. JW's believe that the Holy Spirit is a what. They believe him to be just a force (kind of like star wars). This we know is totally incorrect. That is why terminology is so important for us Christians. But I will watch the video when I get home from work. I can't watch youtube here at work. Then I will most likely post comments afterward. Not trying to debate just making sure that our terminology as Christians stay intact. :)

You need to actually listen to the sermon before passing judgement on it.  Just going by the title isn't giving you everything you need.  I have heard other sermons similarly titled "What is the Holy Spirit,"  and they never claimed the Holy Spirit is an "it."  They upheld the correct doctrine concerning the Person of the Holy Spirit, so you're really not being fair in this situation.