Debp

Good movies you recommend

Debp    3

Now and then I enjoy a good movie.   What are some of your favorites?

I recommend Hachi.  It's a true story about an extremely faithful dog!  The actual dog, Hachi, lived in Japan many years ago and his owner was a professor. 

The movie starring Richard Gere takes place in the beautiful North East USA so the scenery is really lovely.  It is sad at the end of the movie but it is very well made and acted.    I really recommend this movie, especially if you are an animal lover!!  It is quite an amazing story and Hachi is still a legend around the world.

Debp    3

Nobody with any movie recommendations?   I don't watch alot of movies but I am a caregiver to my elderly mother so now and then I get a few DVDs from our library.  Just something different to do sometimes...

I do enjoy a good Sci-fi movie.  

B3L13v3R    1,085

Hey Debp, we liked the movie "Hatchi."

There are folks here that named a number of movies they liked, have a look at this thread. I personally do not believe all mentioned where good.

"Watched any GOOD movies lately?"
https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/190227-watched-any-good-movies-lately/

Debp    3

Glad you enjoyed Hachi!  I really cried but it's such a beautiful story and also the movie is so lovely....scenery, etc.

Thanks for the link here and also in your pm!

SimonB    333

I believe thats originally a Japanese story based on a real life case

TheAimes87    175

If you want another good Puppy movie - check out A Dog's Purpose. 

Recently I've watched a lot of the super hero movies - not sure if that's your thing. 

I've also been in a war movie mood. I can give names if you're interested. 

Debp    3

Yes, Hachi is a true story about an extremely devoted dog in Japan.  There is a statue in Japan of Hachi and he is given as an example of loyalty to Japanese children.

After seeing the movie, I read about Hachi on the internet....only after a reporter did a newspaper story about Hachi who waited so many years for his owner to return, only then did the shopkeepers start to treat Hachi nicely.    His owner had died but Hachi still went to the train station each day to meet his master as he always did....he did this until he (Hachi) died.

Not too much into Super Heroes or war movies....although I watched Lone Survivor....true story and well made, an ambush in Afghanistan.

Btw, love your quote TheAimes87.

Kung Fu Hustle (2004)

I prefer the subtitled version to the dubbed version.  This is one of the few movies you can enjoy without understanding the dialog.  The other movie I would recommend is

Watchmen (2009)

I am a big fan of Jackie Earle Haley and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

KPaulG    11,748

The movie Trolls (2016)

"Happiness isn't something you put inside, it's already there."-Princess Poppy, from Trolls

shiloh357    31,214
On 9/8/2017 at 11:15 PM, Debp said:

Now and then I enjoy a good movie.   What are some of your favorites?

I recommend Hachi.  It's a true story about an extremely faithful dog!  The actual dog, Hachi, lived in Japan many years ago and his owner was a professor. 

The movie starring Richard Gere takes place in the beautiful North East USA so the scenery is really lovely.  It is sad at the end of the movie but it is very well made and acted.    I really recommend this movie, especially if you are an animal lover!!  It is quite an amazing story and Hachi is still a legend around the world.

I saw that movie.   It was wonderful.  It's one of those that is hard to watch more than once.  But it was great.