• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

6 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Mark 16:17 - “These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; [NASB]

This is what Denadii is talking about.  I realize it's a bit off topic, but I believe it's important to answer.

But to stop here is doing Mark a disservice.  We should include Mark 16:18.

Mark 16:18 - they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” [NASB]

How many here are following Mark's Gospel quotations to the letter?  I've watched my wife pick up snakes to keep me from accidentally running over them with the lawn mower.  And we ate my mother's cooking when she was alive and survived it.  [My wife and I believe I was the victim of Munchausen by proxy when growing up.]  So how many pick up snakes and drink poison?

Wow!   Was your mother that good a cook?    So then my friend....We are agreed?   We do not see much of this kind of thing.  When we see people healed it seems to be by accident and people look at each other and ask  "What happened  Did we do something right?  Was a mistake made here?"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.36

37 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Wow!   Was your mother that good a cook?    So then my friend....We are agreed?   We do not see much of this kind of thing.  When we see people healed it seems to be by accident and people look at each other and ask  "What happened  Did we do something right?  Was a mistake made here?"

No, we are not in agreement.  I have many examples I could give, but I only have time for one.  My 4 lb. dog fell off my wife's lap while she was working on our home computer.  He was rushed to a veterinary hospital and was told they could do nothing for him.  So when I got home from work, I laid hands on him and asked God for 10 more years with him and God answered my prayer and he was healed of his paralysis and I had him at least another 10 years.

• Group:  Senior Member

3 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

No, we are not in agreement.  I have many examples I could give, but I only have time for one.  My 4 lb. dog fell off my wife's lap while she was working on our home computer.  He was rushed to a veterinary hospital and was told they could do nothing for him.  So when I got home from work, I laid hands on him and asked God for 10 more years with him and God answered my prayer and he was healed of his paralysis and I had him at least another 10 years.

So you believed for your dog's healing.  And received it.  How does that disagree with what I said?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.36

15 hours ago, Denadii said:

So you believed for your dog's healing.  And received it.  How does that disagree with what I said?

What does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread?  You brought Mark 16:17 up.  You must have some clue as to what you're talking about.

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

What does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread?  You brought Mark 16:17 up.  You must have some clue as to what you're talking about.

LOL   I know what I'm talking about but I'm not sure what you're talking about. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 9/11/2017 at 5:16 AM, Denadii said:

Ah....You do realize that the age of man, and the age of the Earth are not the same thing?  You cannot measure the life of man and wind up with the age of the Earth.   How do you calculate in the Pre Adamic civilizations?   How do you explain Genesis 1:1-3?

Why would Moses tell readers about a pre-Adamic civilisation? How is that relevant to us? If such a generation existed, it would surely qualify as one of the secret things of Deut 29:29. Doubt then that Gen 1:2 refers to it.

40 minutes ago, ghtan said:

Why would Moses tell readers about a pre-Adamic civilisation? How is that relevant to us? If such a generation existed, it would surely qualify as one of the secret things of Deut 29:29. Doubt then that Gen 1:2 refers to it.

Its relevant to us, in that, when the great deception occurs you will know what is going on and will not be deceived.   Hmmm.  Did Moses mention a pre-adamic civilization?   I didn't think so....  And truly, its not secret.  Its mentioned all through the bible if you care to dig it out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Firstly, we can all agree to disagree agreeably and civilly. It's not heresy or a Salvation issue to have a different hermeneutical view of Scripture.

Personally, there's few things I'm on the 'fence' about pertaining to Scripture, but the young / old earth 'theory' is one of them. Excellent scholarly and academic commentaries have been written on the subject by both young and old earth adherents. 

Based on the preponderance of the evidence, the order of events in Genesis Chapter 1:, the literal Hebrew meanings of words like; form, void, darkness, deep and light (Gen 1: 3)...  I would have to lean towards the old Earth point of view. It's crystal clear the heavenly host (ben elohiym) witnessed the creation of the universe (Job 38:4-7). One thing is for certain; for every argument for a young earth, there's a counter response. 

One other thing seems apparent in my studies. Prior to the 19th century and the advent of "the lie" of Darwin and evolution. I don't find much support for the old Earth theory. An interesting and comprehensive book by the scholar G. H. Pember, titled Earth's Earliest Ages, is a must read no matter which side of the equation you support and believe. 

This question is in the top 100 or so of the 742,601,337,551 questions I want to ask the Lord when I meet Him. Good thing eternity is eternal, or else I'd be hogging all your time to ask the Lord questions when we meet Him :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

13 hours ago, Denadii said:

Its relevant to us, in that, when the great deception occurs you will know what is going on and will not be deceived.   Hmmm.  Did Moses mention a pre-adamic civilization?   I didn't think so....  And truly, its not secret.  Its mentioned all through the bible if you care to dig it out.

Moses wrote Genesis. Where else in the bible do you find a pre-Adamic civilisation mentioned?

1 hour ago, ghtan said:

Moses wrote Genesis. Where else in the bible do you find a pre-Adamic civilisation mentioned?

Genesis to Revelation.  It all through the bible