• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Genesis to Revelation.  It all through the bible

Take that to mean there aren't any. Thought so. Case closed.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

1 minute ago, ghtan said:

Take that to mean there aren't any. Thought so. Case closed.

Why don't you take it to mean there are references to an old earth all through the bible,  Mentions of nephilim all through the bible   Dig them out.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

God did not create this earth void and without form,it became that way,why?,because He destroyed it.This the reason why most can't follow scripture.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

There are two bodies mentioned in this verse; the heaven and the earth. It simply stated a fact and left the time factor out. The verse not only did not say when, but left it totally to our imagination, as to the eternal span of time, and how the creation took place.

In Proverbs 8:22 we read of wisdom speaking through Solomon. Wisdom is God for all wisdom is of God. "The Lord possessed me in the beginning of His ways, before the works of old." What works of old could this be? It is the old earth age, spoken of in Revelation 12:1-6.

Proverbs 8:23; "I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was." This is stating that wisdom was with God, and He possessed me.

Proverbs 8:24; "When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water." Before there was any need of an abyss, or pit, and the water to fill them, God's wisdom was there.

Proverbs 8:25; "Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:"

Before the earth even took on it's present form, with the high mountains and rolling hills, God's wisdom was there. Friend, God's wisdom played His part in the creation of this earth, and all wisdom comes from God.

Proverbs 8:26; "While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the high part [beginning] of the dust of the world."

God was there in wisdom before that first little atom, or speck of dust of the earth was formed. Before the laws of God that control the energy forces came into being, God's wisdom was there.

Proverbs 8:27; "When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass [circle] upon the face of the depth:"

Proverbs 8:28; "And when established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:"

Proverbs 8:29; "When He gave to the sea His decree, that the waters should not pass His commandment: when He appointed the fountains of the earth:"

In other words, there was land, and oceans, and fields and lakes, and God set His commandment that they should be separated through the "compass" which He set. Today we call it "gravity". This is the force which separates all water from dry land. When the waves hit the rocks of the shoreline, they resend back into the sea by the gravitational forces of the earth. 

God allowed Job to be tested by both Satan and his fellow man, in the first thirty seven chapters of the Book of Job. However, after 37 chapters of man's nonsense, ramblings, and bad advice by those around Job, God spoke to Job.

Job 38:1, 2; "Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?"

Job had been tested to the point of losing His entire family, all his property, and had been inflicted by sores and sickness, yet, he did not curse God. He was in a poor frame of mind when God again came to Job.

Job 38:3; Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou Me."

God told Job to straighten up and be a man, and listen to what He is about to tell Job. Then God spells out to Job how He laid out the foundations of the earth and the heaven, and all matters concerning them.

Then for the rest of Job 38 and continuing in Job 39 we can see the same wisdom we read about in Proverbs 8. God told Job how He put the universe all together. Our God is infinite in wisdom and power, Yet His love for His children is so great that He allowed Himself to be killed as a man, on the cross at Calvary. In this love that He demonstrated for His children, He made it possible that we could approach Him as His child for our every need.

This humbled Job before God, as it should to each of us, and He fell apart [Job 40]. God once again told Job to stand "like a man, and give answer to Him".

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

Who is that Spirit of God? He is the Holy Spirit, and it is God's Spirit that moved upon the face of the waters.

In the Hebrew translation of the word, "was", as used in this verse "...the earth was without form,..."; in the original text it reads "became without form...". This same mistranslation of the word "became", and turning it into the word "was" is also present in Genesis 2:7. It should read there; "..and man became a living soul."

was

1961  hayah

hayah (haw-yaw); a primitive root [compare OT:1933]; to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):KJV - beacon,  altogether, be (-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall,  follow, happen,  have, last, pertain, quit (oneself-), require,  use.

void

bohuw (bo'-hoo); from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:

KJV - emptiness, void.

The correct Hebrew translation from the Massoretic Hebrew text for the words, "without form"is "tohu-va bohu" in the Hebrew Strong's dictionary. So we see that the earth was not "created without form", but it "became [tohu] without form and void". Lets go to Strong's Hebrew dictionary, reference number 1961 to verify the word "was", that we read in this verse. "Yahah, haw-yaw; a prime root, to exit; to become, or come to pass." [#1961]

Excerpt from The Companion Bible Appendix 8:

The word "without form" (Hebrew tohu) is used of a subsequent event which, we know not how long after the Creation, befell the primitive creation of Genesis 1:1. It occurs in Genesis 1:2. Deuteronomy 32:10. 1Samuel 12:21 (twice). Job 6:18; 12:24; 26:7. Psalm 107:40. Isaiah 24:10; 29:21; 34:11; 40:17, 23; 41:29; 44:9; 45:18, 19; 49:4; 59:4. Jeremiah 4:23.

The Hebrew bohu, rendered "void", means desolate, and occurs in Genesis 1:2. Isaiah 34:11. Jeremiah 4:23.   The two words together occur in Genesis 1:2. Isaiah 34:11. Jeremiah 4:23.

end Companion Bible excerpt

"Tohu" of the earth, then means that total destruction had come to pass upon the earth. The second "was" in the verse is in italics type because there is no verb "to be" in the Hebrew language. One of the problems in translating the Hebrew into English is that the verb, "to be" is not distinguished from the verb, "to become".

At the end of Genesis 1:1 the first earth age ceased to exist in its previous form. God created the earth to be inhabited, and then He destroyed it. There was an entire earth age that existed between verses one and two of Genesis. This first earth age is spoken of in II Peter, Jeremiah, Proverbs, and Jude. We will look into these Scripture passages and try to understand the deeper meaning of our Father's Word.

If you don't understand that there was a first earth age, you will not understand why God would say in Malachi 1:3; "And I hated Esau...". God hated Esau even while he was in his mother's womb. It was in the first earth age that God hated Esau, because of what Esau did in that first earth age. It was what Esau's soul did in that age that so angered God; and that anger passed on to the embryo of Esau, when his soul entered into this earth age. See also Romans 9:13.

This verse, then, does verify the fact that our earth is older than 6,000 years old. To be more exact, it's probably many millions of years old. However, no matter how old this earth is, it is the only place we can live on in the flesh and survive. We do not worship God's creation; we are to worship the creator, our Heavenly Father. God is in control of all of His creation, and He destroyed all forms of life that lived on the earth from the first earth age.

In Isaiah 45:18; "For thus saith the Lord That created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; He hath established it He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: "I am the Lord; and there is none else."

This is God speaking as Isaiah is writing it down, and He is telling us that when He created the earth, it was not in vain. "Vain" is the same Hebrew word that we saw in Genesis 1:2, which was given as "void". God created this earth to be lived on, and to be inhabited. Genesis 1:1told us that God created the earth to be inhabited. The "Tohu", the "destruction", was not part of the creation plan of verse one, but came after the fall of Satan when one third of all the souls followed Satan in the first earth age, in verse two.

We find more documentation concerning the first earth age in II Peter 3. In fact we can read of all three earth ages, as Peter becomes a witness to the fact.

II Peter 3:5; "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:"

The earth came about by "the word of God", God's speech. Some ministers preach that this was Noah's flood, well let's see.

II Peter 3:6; "Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:"

Perished means total destruction. "The world [age] that then was" ended in total ruin through another flood that was prior to Noah's day. There were no survivors of that flood; no animals, no man, no insects, nor vegetation survived in any form. Everything perished! We know in Noah's flood that two of all life forms were saved.

When you drive out on the highway today, and look at the road cutaways, you can see the layers that the ages and time have formed over the eons of years. You say this earth is 6000 years? Even a child should know better than that.

II Peter 3:7; "But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are dept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

This is the second heaven and earth age which we are living in now. This earth age will not be destroyed until God's time of judgment on the ungodly men of this earth age comes to a close. that time of perdition [destruction] is after the millennium, and after the judgment. Then will come the consuming fire. Hebrews 12:19 tells us that our God is that consuming fire.

II Peter 3:8; "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

One week is 7000 years, and we are coming to the Sabbath of that week very shortly, which the common name for the next thousand years is "the Millennium age". The Millennium age is the thousand years after Jesus Christ returns to earth at the seventh trumpet to establish his kingdom here on earth. All souls at that time will not be in the flesh bodies, but in another dimension. They will exist in their incorruptible bodies, spoken of in I Corinthians 15:50-54.

II Peter 3:9; "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

That means that you can count on our Heavenly Father concerning His promises. God has much patience concerning His children. It isn't God's will that any soul should perish. God did not even intend for Satan to perish, as stated in Ezekiel 28, but that doesn't mean God will not bring about the perishing of souls; for it is up to the soul to choose. That is what our free will is all about.

II Peter 3:10; "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

"A thief in the night" is an figure of speech meaning that Christ will come at an unexpected time. This sounds like a scary time, but what does it say in in the original text, being translated to English? The "elements" are all the "rudiments"; that is the evil spirits, all evil men are part of those rudiments, as well as all forms of idolatry. They will all burn at their appointed time. These elements are not the elements that go to make up the physical properties of this earth. This is addressed only to those things that offend our Heavenly Father.

So we have witnessed in II Peter 3 that there are three earth ages, and three heaven ages that correspond with the earth age periods of time. We see also in Jeremiah 4 that there is another witness to the fact of these three earth ages.

Jeremiah 4:22; "For My people is foolish, they have not known Me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge."

How many people really know God's Word? There are very few that can quote you anything from the Bible, except those parts that can give them personal gain. The translators were kind to use the word "sottish", for the word means just plain "stupid", or "silly". The nature of mankind today is to "make a buck any way that you can". Their minds are evil constantly, as they were in the days of Noah. However, in the ways of goodness, and doing right, there is a void.

Jeremiah 4:23; "I beheld the earth, and, lo it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

Here we get back to the same word that we saw earlier in Genesis 1:2; The Hebrew word "Tohu" for "void". In other words, God is saying, "I destroyed the first heaven and earth age." There simply was no life form existing on this earth at the close of the first earth age in any form.

Jeremiah 4:24; "I beheld the mountains, and lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

This is why the magnetic north is 90 miles off true north? God shook the earth and everything moved from its foundations at the time the destruction "tohu" took place.

Jeremiah 4:25; "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

Did you get that? No man, no animals, and not even the birds were left alive. The earth was covered with water, and life could not exist. There was no boat floating around on the surface, for the span of time could have been for thousands of years, or a much greater time.

Jeremiah 4:26; "I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."

In this flood there wasn't a tree or a blade of grass left with life in it. However, what about these "cities" that once existed? Yes there were cities at that time, and God's anger and fury against Satan, and the third of God's children that followed Satan, caused God to destroy that entire earth age, and all that was part of it.

That is what God meant in Hebrews 11:7 when He said, "I shook her once and know I'll shake her again." The only thing that will be left standing then, is that which is unshakeable, and it will only be those who have repented, and have Jesus Christ in their heart. They are those souls that were sealed in their minds, and did not bow to the Antichrist, his system, or take his name, nor his number.

Jeremiah 4:27; "For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."

God allowed the waters of the first earth age to recede, and from it came a condition whereby we can live in this second earth age. Each soul, or God's child, will pass through this flesh earth age once, and we have the choice to chose either light or darkness; Jesus Christ or Satan. When God created each soul and gave it free will, He cannot force that soul to love Him. You cannot buy love, or it will be a false love. God is looking for your tender love; from within your free soul. It is your choice.

So we have documented from the Bible that there was an earth age prior to this earth age we now live in. God created that first earth age in good standing to be inhabited, as it was written in Isaiah 45:18; then after this it became "without form and void" [in the Hebrew, "Tohu va bohu"].

Why? Because Satan brought sin into the world of that first earth age. and that sin was so great that one third of all God's children followed Satan, and that sin brought God's anger upon the whole world. It was then that Satan was sentenced to the death of his soul. This is why Satan is called the "son of perdition" in II Thessalonians 2:3, and John 17:12. Satan refused to repent, as God allowed him the time to get right with Him.

Verse three starts after the first earth age, after the overthrow by Satan, and after the total destruction of the first earth age and all life forms on it

Genesis 1:3 "And God said, "let there be light:" and there was light."

Almost every verse involving this creation story of Genesis one starts with the words; "And God said.". However in the Hebrew text it says; "And the Magnificent Lord God Almighty". The original text gives God the full Spirit movement, and the most respect possible for our Almighty Father God.

This verse is still in the first day when the light came into being.

Genesis 1:4 "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

It will be on into another day that the sun, and moon, and stars were created. What does it mean then when God said, "Let there be light"?

When the Holy Spirit of God, the "Ruach" in the Hebrew, moved upon the face of the earth; there is light, for He [the Holy Spirit] is light. Without the Holy Spirit there is total darkness, so the Holy Spirit of God, on the first day started His work.

Within the first chapter of Genesis God reveals His entire plan of God. Verses three through five are NOT dealing with the sun and moon, for they come later. But it is dealing with the presence of the Holy Spirit of God that is to be present throughout this earth age. That "Ruach" or Spirit is the first, and most important part of the creation, for without The Holy Spirit there is only darkness.

This is also the start of God's plan, which includes you and I, and all of God's children. The choice is choosing between the "Light", which is the Spirit of God", and darkness. Ezekiel 28:12-19 declares Satan, "the King of Tyrus", to be that darkness in the world. Then if your choice be darkness, verse 18 declares your destination after judgment: "I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth..."

All prophecies in the entire Bible that refer to God's elect, or the children of God; those that happen to be in God's will, are called "children of light". This also applies to prophecies that are given in days, or solar years. [see Daniel 12:11]

In turn, all prophecies dealing with Satan, his wickedness, and his children are given in months, or moons. Satan's children, then are called the "children of darkness", or "of the night". [see Revelation 13:4, 5] Satan is the darkness that is the negative part of God's plan. Satan was here from the beginning of this earth age, and God allowed it

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:28 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Teditis is a very nice fellow Christian.  He avoided answering your questions because he has no answers.  Young Earth Creationists abound here.  There are a few of us Old Earth Creationists here, of one type or another, and see it as a literal reading of Holy Scripture.  I agree with your posts. 

I appreciate the kind words... but it's not that I have no answers, as you say it for other reasons that I quit talking.

There's an order to a discussion that needs to be adhered to and if you go back over the conversation I was having

with Danadii, you'll see that he was being obstinate and trying to move the conversation along at his own speed as

well as changing the subject as he went... skipping over the points that I made.

He doesn't know the definition of the word "void" and won't admit to it... and then he launches into a word-study

as though I'd accept teaching from someone who doesn't even know how to use a dictionary, lol.

It's remarkable how the Old-Earth Creationists rely on a skill they've not mastered to try and prove their points.

An old earth just isn't in the body of text (Genesis) and you all tend to fill in any gaps with your own theories.

Basic reading skills are a must and the ability to restrain from reading into the text of any writings... it's that simple

to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64

6 hours ago, Teditis said:

I appreciate the kind words... but it's not that I have no answers, as you say it for other reasons that I quit talking.

There's an order to a discussion that needs to be adhered to and if you go back over the conversation I was having

with Danadii, you'll see that he was being obstinate and trying to move the conversation along at his own speed as

well as changing the subject as he went... skipping over the points that I made.

He doesn't know the definition of the word "void" and won't admit to it... and then he launches into a word-study

as though I'd accept teaching from someone who doesn't even know how to use a dictionary, lol.

It's remarkable how the Old-Earth Creationists rely on a skill they've not mastered to try and prove their points.

An old earth just isn't in the body of text (Genesis) and you all tend to fill in any gaps with your own theories.

Basic reading skills are a must and the ability to restrain from reading into the text of any writings... it's that simple

to me.

I wrote kind words because I sense you are a God-fearing kind person whose only desire is to please God and help bring more people to a Biblical understanding of God's words.  I may not always agree with you, but I respect you.

Granted, some Old Earth Creationists (OEC) want to interpret the Bible to prove their points just as Young Earth Creationists (YEC) do the same thing.  And don't get me started on the Flat-Earthers and the Hollow-Earthers.  And then you have the Theistic Evolutionists.  One thing you and I have in common is the creation of man by God, as Moses outlined in the Bible beginning at Genesis 1:3.  You don't see any gaps in Moses account of creation, I do.  The Biblical text demands a Gap that's why the intentional change of words from create (Bara, create out of nothing) to make (Asah, make out of existing materials) was made by Moses.  With a false understanding of Creation, other Biblical passages are at risk to be misunderstood, and I don't just mean Genesis 6.

May I always be open for correction, in Jesus name.  God bless.

SObG

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 9/17/2017 at 10:05 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I wrote kind words because I sense you are a God-fearing kind person whose only desire is to please God and help bring more people to a Biblical understanding of God's words.  I may not always agree with you, but I respect you.

Granted, some Old Earth Creationists (OEC) want to interpret the Bible to prove their points just as Young Earth Creationists (YEC) do the same thing.  And don't get me started on the Flat-Earthers and the Hollow-Earthers.  And then you have the Theistic Evolutionists.  One thing you and I have in common is the creation of man by God, as Moses outlined in the Bible beginning at Genesis 1:3.  You don't see any gaps in Moses account of creation, I do.  The Biblical text demands a Gap that's why the intentional change of words from create (Bara, create out of nothing) to make (Asah, make out of existing materials) was made by Moses.  With a false understanding of Creation, other Biblical passages are at risk to be misunderstood, and I don't just mean Genesis 6.

May I always be open for correction, in Jesus name.  God bless.

SObG

It is hard to believe that the biblical text demands a gap, because for over 3,000 years after Moses wrote Genesis, nobody read a gap into Gen 1:2. That shows it is not a natural reading. Such interpretation came about only more recently when science started claiming that the earth was very old. But most Hebrew scholars today still do not think 1:2 indicates a gap. One would think that if the text did in fact demand a gap that this would be reflected in more of the modern translations. But that is not the case.

As for Bara, it is also used of the creation of animals in 1:21 and of man in 1:27. But we know from 2:7 and 2:19 that they were made from the dust of the ground, i.e. not from nothing. So word usage is not conclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Why does Satan's fall have to be eschatological?

Maybe you are ascribing 'times' to a timeless situation, the result of which is the fall of Lucifer and the temptation of Adam and Eve who are present in time as we know it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64

8 hours ago, ghtan said:

It is hard to believe that the biblical text demands a gap, because for over 3,000 years after Moses wrote Genesis, nobody read a gap into Gen 1:2. That shows it is not a natural reading. Such interpretation came about only more recently when science started claiming that the earth was very old. But most Hebrew scholars today still do not think 1:2 indicates a gap. One would think that if the text did in fact demand a gap that this would be reflected in more of the modern translations. But that is not the case.

As for Bara, it is also used of the creation of animals in 1:21 and of man in 1:27. But we know from 2:7 and 2:19 that they were made from the dust of the ground, i.e. not from nothing. So word usage is not conclusive.

If you do your own research, you'll find that the concept of an old earth dates to a time before Jesus.  It has nothing to do with science, but everything to do with God's inspired word.  I am speaking of Jewish Rabbis in particular.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 9/16/2017 at 12:40 PM, Teditis said:

to me.

Since you're tripping over a single word here.  

5. void

[void]

• Synonyms

• Examples

• Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

adjective

Law. having no legal force or effect; not legally binding or enforceable.

useless; ineffectual; vain.

devoid; destitute (usually followed by of):

a life void of meaning.

without contents; empty.

without an incumbent, as an office.

Mathematics. (of a set) empty.

(in cards) having no cards in a suit.

noun

an empty space; emptiness:

He disappeared into the void.

something experienced as a loss or privation:

His death left a great void in her life.

a gap or opening, as in a wall.

a vacancy; vacuum.

Typography. counter3(def 10).

(in cards) lack of cards in a suit:

a void in clubs.

verb (used with object)

to make ineffectual; invalidate; nullify:

to void a check.

to empty; discharge; evacuate:

to void excrement.

to clear or empty (often followed by of):

to void a chamber of occupants.

Archaic. to depart from; vacate.

verb (used without object)

to defecate or urinate.

Origin of void

Middle English

Anglo-French

Old French

Latin

1250-1300

1250-1300; (adj.) Middle English voide < Anglo-French, Old French < Vulgar Latin *vocīta, feminine of *vocītus, dissimilated variant of Latin vocīvus, itself variant of vac(ī)vus empty; see vacuum; (v.) Middle English voiden < Anglo-French voider, Old French < Vulgar Latin *vocītāre, derivative of *vocītus; (noun) derivative of the adj.

Related forms

voidness, noun

nonvoid, adjective, noun

prevoid, verb (used with object)

unvoid, adjective

unvoidness, noun

Synonyms

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

3, 4. See empty. 5. vacant, unoccupied. 8. vacuum.

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2017.
Cite This Source

Examples from the Web for void

Contemporary Examples

• His non-fiction fills, or helps to fill, the void left by Foster Wallace.

Charles D’Ambrosio’s X-Ray Vision Is On Full Display In His New Essay Collection. Steve Almond November 13, 2014

• This book seeks to fill that void (although arguably atheist kids should get used to nothingness sooner rather than later).

Are You There, Nobody? It’s Me, Margaret Candida Moss October 11, 2014

• But younger Hong Kong residents rushed to fill the void and started a series of protests.

Hong Kong Protesters Fear Martial Law Is Coming Gordon G. Chang September 28, 2014

• “A suspended sentence becomes null and void after a certain period of time,” Rofugaran said.

Iran Court Sentences ‘Happy’ Dancers to 6 months and 91 Lashes IranWire September 16, 2014

• In a sense, we occupy a weird place in the Universe: relatively close to both a void and several huge galaxy clusters.

Laniakea: The Milky Way’s Place in the Heavens Matthew R. Francis September 6, 2014

Historical Examples

• But just ere the silent became unendurable, a thought appeared in the void.

Weighed and Wanting George MacDonald

• Inspector Burke himself filled the void in the halting sentence.

Within the Law Marvin Dana

• The Trainer's admonition seemed like a cry to a cyclone, as void of usefulness.

Thoroughbreds W. A. Fraser

• As this marriage was null and void, there was no Marchioness of Morella.

Fair Margaret H. Rider Haggard

• And not a muscle of his face stirred; he simply gazed into the void.

The Three Cities Trilogy, Complete Emile Zola

British Dictionary definitions for void

void

/vɔɪd/

adjective

without contents; empty

not legally binding: null and void

(of an office, house, position, etc) without an incumbent; unoccupied

(postpositive) foll by of. destitute or devoid: void of resources

having no effect; useless: all his efforts were rendered void

(of a card suit or player) having no cards in a particular suit: his spades were void

noun

an empty space or area: the huge desert voids of Asia

a feeling or condition of loneliness or deprivation: his divorce left him in a void

a lack of any cards in one suit: to have a void in spades

Also called counter. the inside area of a character of type, such as the inside of an o

verb (mainly transitive)

to make ineffective or invalid

to empty (contents, etc) or make empty of contents

(also intransitive) to discharge the contents of (the bowels or urinary bladder)

(archaic) to vacate (a place, room, etc)

(obsolete) to expel

Derived Forms

voider, noun
voidness, noun

Word Origin

C13: from Old French vuide, from Vulgar Latin vocītus (unattested), from Latin vacuus empty, from vacāre to be empty

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Cite This Source

Word Origin and History for void

adj.

late 13c., "unoccupied, vacant," from Anglo-French and Old French voide "empty, vast, wide, hollow, waste," from Latin vocivus "unoccupied, vacant," related to vacuus "empty" (see vacuum). Meaning "lacking or wanting" (something) is recorded from early 15c. Meaning "legally invalid" is attested from mid-15c.

n.

"empty space, vacuum," 1727; see void (adj.).

v.

"to clear" (some place, of something), c.1300, from void (adj.); meaning "to deprive (something) of legal validity" is attested from early 14c. Related: Voided; voiding.

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source

void in Medicine

void (void)
v.
void·ed, void·ing, voids
To excrete body wastes. adj.
Containing no matter; empty.

The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Cite This Source

Idioms and Phrases with void

void

see: null and void

Synonyms  

Abandoned  Bare  Barren  clear  deprived  without  drained  emptied  free  lacking  scant  short  shy  bereft  destitute  devoid  Tenantless  unfilled  unoccupied  vacant  vacuous

What part of this definition and synonyms give any indication of LIFE?  

You mentioned a need for at least basic word skills.  Don't worry..With practice you can improve your word skills.  You don't have to stay that way.