• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,051
  • Content Per Day:  15.58
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, ghtan said:

Why no actual source? Is it because there aren't any, as Teditis' simple research suggests. 

No.  I choose not to cast my pearls of wisdom to swine.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/18/2017 at 2:17 PM, Denadii said:

I have only two points here.  

First:  God did not destroy the Earth to make it without form and void.  Satan did with all his evil rebellions.

Second:  God created the first Earth the same way exactly as He created the second Earth....AND GOD SAID!  He spoke it into existence

Im not understanding your points

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 9/18/2017 at 10:03 PM, Teditis said:

A cursory Google search says otherwise... most Jewish commentaries state the Earth is young...

they say 6000-7000 years.

Hi there. I assume you subscribe to a young earth too. I'm still thinking through the arguments to reconcile a young earth with science. At the moment, I'm inclined to the view that God simply made in 6 days a world that looked billions of years old. Just as he made a, say, 30 year-old Adam even though he was really only a few seconds old then. What do you think?

9 hours ago, ghtan said:

Hi there. I assume you subscribe to a young earth too. I'm still thinking through the arguments to reconcile a young earth with science. At the moment, I'm inclined to the view that God simply made in 6 days a world that looked billions of years old. Just as he made a, say, 30 year-old Adam even though he was really only a few seconds old then. What do you think?

I agree 100% with that view... though I don't think that God made it look as though

it was billions of years old in order to confuse people... He made it the way He made it

and "pop" scientists have just made up the billions of years in order to justify the

theory of Evolution.

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, ghtan said:

God did not make the earth look billions of years old.  What He did, was make the earth and all it contains, functionally mature.   To make the earth billions of years old, would mean that the earth would have the appearance of decay and wear.   There would be things like water and wind erosion on rocks, for example.

We don't need to reconcile the Bible with science because science is not the infallible standard against which we judge the Bible.  Rather it is science that is judged by Scripture.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 12:59 AM, ghtan said:

It is hard to believe that the biblical text demands a gap, because for over 3,000 years after Moses wrote Genesis, nobody read a gap into Gen 1:2. That shows it is not a natural reading. Such interpretation came about only more recently when science started claiming that the earth was very old. But most Hebrew scholars today still do not think 1:2 indicates a gap. One would think that if the text did in fact demand a gap that this would be reflected in more of the modern translations. But that is not the case.

As for Bara, it is also used of the creation of animals in 1:21 and of man in 1:27. But we know from 2:7 and 2:19 that they were made from the dust of the ground, i.e. not from nothing. So word usage is not conclusive.

The missing link for evolutionists is biology.  They can't get living matter out of non-living matter.  Genesis 1:21 and 1:27 shows that the life we enjoy now is from God, His breadth gave us life.  God's spirit was out of nothing, not a physical thing.  Without God's breadth, we are as the dust of the Earth.  This is why the word change is conclusive.

Genesis 1:2 shows the Earth in a state of justice from the fall of the angels.  What these angels did to warrant this justice is not fully known, but I am researching this topic now.  The angels after the fall of man started doing the same things resulting in the Nephilim who existed before and after the Flood.

But getting back to our topic, the following men of God believe an Old Earth: Old Earth Believers

The Book of Enoch was quoted in synagogues and some Jewish Rabbis fostered the idea that the Earth existed before Creation.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, Teditis said:

A cursory Google search says otherwise... most Jewish commentaries state the Earth is young...

they say 6000-7000 years.

Of course Google would give those biased results.  They actively support the Theory of Evolution which you and I don't.  I'm not surprised. 

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

God did not make the earth look billions of years old.  What He did, was make the earth and all it contains, functionally mature.   To make the earth billions of years old, would mean that the earth would have the appearance of decay and wear.   There would be things like water and wind erosion on rocks, for example.

We don't need to reconcile the Bible with science because science is not the infallible standard against which we judge the Bible.  Rather it is science that is judged by Scripture.

What God would have to do from an astronomy standpoint, He would have to create a light beam that starts in space with no light source, and a star we could see from Earth that would give the appearance of coming from that star that doesn't exist.  Sounds like you believe in a God who deceives so that we can't trust the things He has created.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

What God would have to do from an astronomy standpoint, He would have to create a light beam that starts in space with no light source, and a star we could see from Earth that would give the appearance of coming from that star that doesn't exist.  Sounds like you believe in a God who deceives so that we can't trust the things He has created.

Why would God have to do that?

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Why would God have to do that?

It's clear from what I wrote, but I'll spell it out for you.  Scientists have detected the signature of stars that have gone supernova, and they no ahead of time when this will be visible on Earth.