• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

What do you base on what is idol and what is not idol? Can you give me bible verse explaining what is idol for you then we can continue or do you assume that something is idol based on your point of view and not bible ?

For me it's pretty simple. God said to study his word .

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And if you Love Jesus then you keep his commandment , not 10 commandments given by YHWH to Moses but every commandment that Jesus said .

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

But when you study other books than God , you prefer to study things created by man rather than things created by God , so you not only could waste the time (because not everything written is true ) but you put God on 2nd place for that time and prefer man's writting rather than God's writting .

That would apply to other things same as seen in Luke 14:26

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

That does not mean that you should go now and curse your parents and hate them , but that means you should prioritise what God said over what your parents said .

God warn us about doctrines of man , and because i know we live in apostasy i don't suggest reading anything because most stuff nowdays is New Age lies .

Matthew 15:9

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Your the one that brought up the internet as an idol, yet your using it....

Again though were not discussing idols, were discussing a book. Not a biblical book, just a pleasure reader. Now show us where any of us have made the book an idol. In fact show us biblically where reading anything but the bible is idolatry, using scripture. You have yet to do either.

You made the accusation you have to prove it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

But when you study other books than God , you prefer to study things created by man rather than things created by God , so you not only could waste the time (because not everything written is true ) but you put God on 2nd place for that time and prefer man's writting rather than God's writting .

But if that is was true. Then none of us would know how to do math, learn to cook, or even how to work a computer(we would have no computers). We would have no doctors, no  solders,no auto mechanics, or anything else.  We would not even know how to get on to the internet or how to find Worthy.com. And too many other things I can't list. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Davida said:

I think people spend too much time these days looking for ways to be offended. I think the less we feed our egos & the less offence we take about stuff.  I just don't see that book title as being so insulting---inaccurate or somewhat shallow maybe. I think the author is trying to be humorous and catchy, so who can blame them? I'd have no trouble handing that to someone.  If I were to give someone that book, if I thought it had good stuff inside, I wouldn't just shove it at them.  I'd say,  " I know since we've talked Annie, that you are getting tired of being alone & want to find a Godly mate to share your life with.... here is a book I came across & I thought you might like to take a look through-it's yours if you want, --it has a kind of a silly title though.":)

We agree again Davida. That's twice in one month. Careful, we might even end up becoming posting buddies. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

But if that is was true. Then none of us would know how to do math, learn to cook, or even how to work a computer(we would have no computers). We would have no doctors, no  solders,no auto mechanics, or anything else.  We would not even know how to get on to the internet or how to find Worthy.com. And too many other things I can't list. 

He knows it is not true, otherwise he would not be reading our replies and worshipping the false idol of the Internet :24:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

34 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Do you have a job?

I don't under stand this question. What does it matter if he has a job?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

28 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I don't under stand this question. What does it matter if he has a job?

if he has a job, then it means he must value the job, over the Bible (its the same logic he is applying to everyone else)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Do you have a job?

No i actually stopped working after God saved me . By that i mean i stopped working for money .

Edited by Amazing Horse