KiwiChristian

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, just noticed someone had already said as much. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

5 minutes ago, books said:

Are you aware that Dr. Micheal S. Heiser "(Renowned Bible Scholar)" does not believe in a flat earth?

http://drmsh.com/christians-who-believe-the-earth-is-really-flat-does-it-get-any-dumber-than-this/

Yes, "Believe" being the Key Word.  So again...

So who to Believe??  ...

A.  God's Word.

or

B.  Dr. Michael Heiser's word that he's merely PARROTING from Pseudo-Science Priests.

regards

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Seeing as how this thread has also turned into a 'flat earth' discussion, I will go back to the OP.  I believe the so called 'Big Bang' DID happen.  It was the instant that God spoke everything into being.  The theory that the universe sprang from a singularity and expanded rapidly and is still expanding seems logical to me. God can create from nothing but man cannot.  God is not subject to physical laws or time but we are.  Someday He will explain everything to us; until then we just have to use the senses he gave us to see, hear, touch and learn as best we can.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

1.  It's against Forum Rules to post Videos in Threads.

Oops... just removed the video.

5 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

Dr. Michael S. Heiser (Renowned Bible Scholar)...

"The issue is how “literal creationists” are actually only selective literalists (or, as I would call them, “inconsistent literalists”). If one was truly consistent in interpreting the creation description in Genesis 1 at face value (along with other creation descriptions in both testaments), you’d come out with a round, flat earth, complete with solid dome over the earth, and earth supported by pillars, with Sheol underneath, etc.  But creationists who claim the literal mantel don’t do that, since the results are clearly non-scientific. My view, as readers know, is that we ought to simply let the text say what it says, and let it be what it is. It was God’s choice to prompt people living millennia ago to produce this thing we call the Bible, and so we dishonor it when we impose our own interpretive context on it. Our modern evangelical contexts are alien to the Bible. Frankly, any context other than the context in which the biblical writers were moved to write is foreign to the Bible.  So, who’s the literalist now?"

I assumed that since you quoted a paragraph from Dr. Heiser, you were using him as a reference.

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

So who to Believe??  ...

A.  God's Word.

or

B.  Dr. Michael Heiser's word that he's merely PARROTING from Pseudo-Science Priests.

Your Choice ... Choose Wisely :cool:.

I believe what God meant in those passages of Scripture. I do not believe that they should be interpreted literally, since a literal interpretation is false.

48 minutes ago, books said:

Are you aware that Dr. Micheal S. Heiser "(Renowned Bible Scholar)" does not believe in a flat earth?

http://drmsh.com/christians-who-believe-the-earth-is-really-flat-does-it-get-any-dumber-than-this/

Ouch, that's pretty strong language, but it might be worth reading. Thanks for the link, @books, I've not seen this before.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The Big Bang Theory is a man-made Theory, it's not a god Theory.

Meaning man-made The Big Bang Theory, God's probably saying "big bang what sorry er ok"

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  3,788
  • Content Per Day:  1.19

16 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

1.  It's growing rapidly, DAILY.  And converting atheists into Christians, Posthaste!! 

regards

Good point here.

I would not be surprised if the flat earth movement experienced growth of something like 100% this year.

From two people, to four. Or something.

:) siegi :)

Edited by siegi91
  • Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

13 hours ago, Sol Man said:

The Big Bang Theory is a man-made Theory, it's not a god Theory.

Meaning man-made The Big Bang Theory, God's probably saying "big bang what sorry er ok"

Yep.  And the 'big bang' is Not a Scientific Theory, it's a Colloquial 'theory'--- Abject Speculation.

regards

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I assumed that since you quoted a paragraph from Dr. Heiser, you were using him as a reference.

I was using his Expertise as a Bible Scholar as a Reference... not his "Beliefs"--(BIG difference).  His 'beliefs' are Painfully Irrelevant.  

I believe what God meant in those passages of Scripture.

Post each Scripture and tell us what God "MEANT" (i.e., Context/Strong's Definitions, The Whole 9 Yards) for each...?

1.) I do not believe that they should be interpreted literally, 2.) since a literal interpretation is false.

1.) Key Phrase: "I do not believe"; We're gonna need a "Tad" bit more...?

When should a Scripture be taken Literally and when should a Scripture be taken Figuratively, Compare and Contrast...?

Then show why these Specific Scriptures should be taken Figuratively....?

2.)  Generalized Sweeping Ipse Dixit Baseless 'bare' Assertion Fallacy 

regards

2 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

For those not able to follow a link, here's more of what Dr. Heiser said.

Outstanding.

Emphasis is mine, above.  I have a high regard for Dr. Heiser and his work.

This isn't "HIS" Work :rolleyes:.   This is 'wiki' PARROTED Pseudo-Science.

Per Dr. Micheal Heiser: "Anyone who uses my work to prop up this idea without providing a disclaimer that I reject modern flat earth thinking is unprincipled and deliberately dishonest."

He's quite confused.  We're using his work in Biblical Scholarship to confirm what the Bible plainly says on the topic. 

His 'Opinions' or 'Beliefs' that stem from what Pseudo-Scientists tell him about: (Space flight (really, flight between hemispheres), satellite communications, space photography (any photography showing the earth’s curvature, etc.) is NOT Bible Scholarship; ERGO, Irrelevant to the topic.  

Unless Dr. Michael Heiser would like to come here and provide Scientific Evidence for his Mindless PARROTINGS, then his appeal is quite the Non-Sequitur Fallacy.

regards

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

15 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Seeing as how this thread has also turned into a 'flat earth' discussion, I will go back to the OP.  I believe the so called 'Big Bang' DID happen.  It was the instant that God spoke everything into being.  The theory that the universe sprang from a singularity and expanded rapidly and is still expanding seems logical to me. God can create from nothing but man cannot.  God is not subject to physical laws or time but we are.  Someday He will explain everything to us; until then we just have to use the senses he gave us to see, hear, touch and learn as best we can.

I agree with this as well.  

• Thumbs Up 2