angels4u

Where were you  when you heard about 9/11 ?

angels4u    9,009

I remember I was at work and people coming over to me and asking if I heard the news?

• Thumbs Up 1

TheAimes87    175

I was in my 8th grade PE class - the teacher pulled us in off the track and we literally sat paralyzed watching a TV in the locker room for 4 class periods - the class schedule was shifted that day and we ended up staying with whatever class we were in for the entire day instead of switching. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

angels4u    9,009
4 hours ago, TheAimes87 said:

I was in my 8th grade PE class - the teacher pulled us in off the track and we literally sat paralyzed watching a TV in the locker room for 4 class periods - the class schedule was shifted that day and we ended up staying with whatever class we were in for the entire day instead of switching. 

Wow--remember how scary that was?

Wanda01    390

I had just come home with my newborn daughter in my arms, when the phone rang. My sister-in-law was on the other end to tell me to turn on the tv, as the world was coming to an end. 

• Thumbs Up 1

shiloh357    31,214

I was working in an automotive re-manufacturing plant when I heard about it.  It was about break time and at first I thought it was a single engine Cessna that hit as if some guy was trying to commit suicide.   Then I heard about 20 minutes later what really happened.   By the time I got the real scoop, both buildings had been hit and had fallen, another plane had gone down in PA, the State Dept and Federal Reserve had been evacuated and the Pentagon was on fire from  the 4th plane.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yowm    6,575

I had gotten in my car on my way to work and turned on the radio...there was hardly a station that was not announcing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4LdKHVCzRDj2    261
On 9/11/2017 at 10:04 AM, angels4u said:

Where were you  when you heard about 9/11 ?

I remember I was playing with my brother on the street. I was 9.9 years old at that time.

• Thumbs Up 1

sheya joie    536

I was just about to start the school day for my kids (homeschooling) when my husband called me into the bedroom to tell me quietly so as not to spook the kids. (He'd heard it on the bedroom radio.) I don't remember if we got any schooling done that day or not; every time we'd turn the tv off, there'd be something on the radio to prompt us to turn the tv back on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Annette    2,450
On 9/11/2017 at 8:04 AM, angels4u said:

I remember I was at work and people coming over to me and asking if I heard the news?

Hi Angels, It is interesting to see what others were doing when 9/11 happened. I was teaching at the time and had just come home when I heard the news. We didn't have news coverage to listen to and so got news installments in stages. Not sure which is worse, watching it as it happened, or allowing yourself to think about what happened and wait to hear the details.