• Content Count:  40,777
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

28 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

The church will pass away.

This is incorrect...

28 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

If you want to consider yourself graduated from the spiritual gifts, but those who pursue them do not answer to you and do not need your approval.

This dialogue has nothing to do with what I posted so I will assume our discussion is over...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02

3 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

as I have been made s/Spiritually alive I really have no further need of that which passes away to assure me of spiritual realities within :thumbsup:That is the quote. You have no need of what passes away.

That is this world and the bodies we are in! 

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, maryjayne said:

How can people continue using tongues if they don't come from God? 

We either accept them as coming from God, and are good. Or they do not come from God, and are bad.

This sentence I am quoting makes no sense.

People use tongues because they think it comes from God. There are many choices in our life. If you think that tongues are for today and they come from God then use them. :noidea:

Just to understand the foundational aspects of this topic toward tongues is one of needful study... because God has already said this

2 Tim 2:11

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

God's promise and structure of instruction is from Scripture alone empowered by The Holy Spirit

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
uninterpreted tongues lie outside this structure! Thus the question one must ask why? As it is clearly written thoroughly furnished means lacking nothing for all good works....

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Oh. I thought tongues just happened, people didn't choose to use them, they just do it.

We have a choice for everything in this life that we do. No one is forcing people to use tongues. 

51 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Thank you. So when someone starts to speak in tongues, they can stop if they want to?

I haven't ever seen anyone speaking in tongues. 

My stepmother was a medium, and did strange sounds and words when she was in a trance, but I think that is a different thing?

1 Cor 14:32-33

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
KJV

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:41 AM, missmuffet said:

But that was Paul and that was a very long time ago. Not today.

I'm of the same thought missmuffet. Jesus established the church and appointed His disciples. He also at the time sent His apostles out alone and two by two to preach the Gospel. Jesus' commandment to the Apostles and Christian's of all ages, is to preach and teach the Gospel to all nations on earth. In the beginning of the church, there was a language barrier, that was temporarily addressed by the disciples and apostles speaking in their own native tongues to communicate it. The Lord is a people person, He is in the business of converting lost souls to His Son for redemption and eternal life, through Jesus sacrifice on the Cross. 

This command to preach the Gospel to all nations, tongues and people is an imperative and obligation of all born again believers. If speaking in tongues was still in effect, why do missionaries in person, Christian ministries through the internet, satellite and radio outreach programs have to learn the target language to communicate the Gospel Good News to them? Why can't they still divinely speak in their native tongues? 

1 Corinthians 14:27 (KJV) If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm of the same thought missmuffet. Jesus established the church and appointed His disciples. He also at the time sent His apostles out alone and two by two to preach the Gospel. Jesus' commandment to the Apostles and Christian's of all ages, is to preach and teach the Gospel to all nations on earth. In the beginning of the church, there was a language barrier, that was temporarily addressed by the disciples and apostles speaking in their own native tongues to communicate it. The Lord is a people person, He is in the business of converting lost souls to His Son for redemption and eternal life, through Jesus sacrifice on the Cross. 

This command to preach the Gospel to all nations, tongues and people is an imperative and obligation of all born again believers. If speaking in tongues was still in effect, why do missionaries in person, Christian ministries through the internet, satellite and radio outreach programs have to learn the target language to communicate the Gospel Good News to them? Why can't they still divinely speak in their native tongues? 

1 Corinthians 14:27 (KJV) If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 

So are you Charismatic and support tongues?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

So are you Charismatic and support tongues?

In the technical definition sense... No.

I believe the gift of speaking in tongues ended with the last Apostle John, among other gifts. Whom today is given the gift and ability, to supernaturally communicate the Gospel in a foreign language they don't know nor ever spoke? As I've asked; why can't a missionary hop on an airliner and go to a remote jungle village and immediately tell them the Gospel in their native language, without previously learning and studying their tongue? 

Albeit, today we have the technology and smart phones and the apps that will accomplish that in many languages. Today we have the beatitude's of the Spirit [Matthew 5:] and the fruit of the Spirit [Galatians 5:].

What about this gift?

Acts 28:3 (KJV) And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

Luke 10:19 (KJV) Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. [think Appalachian church viper preacher handlers and their deaths when bitten].

Is this gift for today, or for the Apostles time? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

I have already mentioned that yes speaking in tongues is possible today and is part of Gods legacy of being in a relationship with God, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Someone who can explains it well and you can listen to his series on the subject matter on you tube is Pâstor Robert Morris.

Pastor Robert Morris - The God I Never Knew - Does He Baptize? Part 1