2 minutes ago, Couppy said:

I believe everything the scripture states.  I don't cherry pick, why would I?  I believe in the God who can still do what he did centuries ago.

I believe we have to agree to disagree about what God can still do in terms of giving out gifts and ministries in relation to tongues and prophets.  It does not change what he is still doing whether we believe it or not.

Agree to disagree?  Sounds like a cop out. Put your big girl pants on and dig deep!

Of course God can do anything he chooses. He is God! He is the Alpha and Omega! God is also a God of order and certainly not chaos and confusion.

The foundation of the church has been laid. Tongues were a real foreign language understood by those that SPOKE IT used for the purpose of spreading the gospel. Tongues and prophets were the cornerstones of the church .  Modern day tongues is NOT biblical.

Satan comes as an angel of light. Until one has been through the fire (God allows delusion to teach them a very tough lesson) ;they cannot tell the difference between Gods works and satans. The delusion is everywhere. Charasmatics are the absolute WORSE. They are so naive and quite frankly low on faith because they seek signs and wonders. Without them they are hollow. The signs and wonders have been provided but not from whom they have believed. It really is quite devastatingly sad.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 9/15/2017 at 3:27 PM, Blueyedjewel said:

Thats sheer falsehood!  Many have asked for tongues that did not get them. Scripture doesnt back up your thinking either.

Luk 11:11 ASV And of which of you that is a father shall his son ask a loaf, and he give him a stone? or a fish, and he for a fish give him a serpent? Luk 11:12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he give him a scorpion? Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him.

Act 1:8  ASV But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Just now, Giller said:

Act 10:44-46
(44)  While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
(45)  And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(46)  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

It associates the gift of the Holy Ghost, with tongues, with the word :"for".

And who is this gift of tongues promised to? Whether it be other tongues or unknown tongues?

Act 2:38-39
(38)  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(39)  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The promise is unto as many as the Lord our God shall call.

All you have to do is read it and believe it, forget about what doctrine you have grown under , just believe the word as it is written.

It appears that you do not understand  pentecost was for one purpose. The foundation has been laid. You cant keep laying foundation upon foundation.

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Unchecked Copy Box Luk 11:11 ASV And of which of you that is a father shall his son ask a loaf, and he give him a stone? or a fish, and he for a fish give him a serpent?Unchecked Copy Box Luk 11:12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he give him a scorpion?Unchecked Copy Box Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him.

Act 1:8  ASV But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Your scriptures dont prove me incorrect.  The first is used  painting with a broad  brush. The second applies to laying the foundation of the church. There was a purpose. PENTECOST. That purpose has already been fulfilled. Tongues used today are not biblical.

7 minutes ago, Giller said:

Just ignore the scriptures I presented to you, by another argument.

And after Pentecost, we can see that tongues continued, which we see in Corinthians and other parts of the book of Acts.

So it was not just a foundational thing, it continued afterwards.

Arent you a believer in flat earth? I rest my case.:43:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 9/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, Blueyedjewel said:
On 9/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, Blueyedjewel said:

Luk 11:11 ASV And of which of you that is a father shall his son ask a loaf, and he give him a stone? or a fish, and he for a fish give him a serpent? Luk 11:12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he give him a scorpion? Luk 11:13 If ye then, bein

I have no idea what copy box you refer to.  I give credit to the version as is required.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

5 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Your scriptures don't prove me incorrect. 

With all due respect, it's not about being correct or incorrect but seeking God's truth. There has always been both in the old testament and the new testament divine utterance when God's Holy Spirit come upon someone. Even with temples made with the hands of men, there was an overflow or outward manifestation when his Holy Spirit filled it. I've seen and heard tongues used in the biblical manner described in Acts to glorify God and tell others about Jesus Christ. I've seen it. So it's simple. Either I'm a lair or it is for today.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, firestormx said:

With all due respect, it's not about being correct or incorrect but seeking God's truth. There has always been both in the old testament and the new testament divine utterance when God's Holy Spirit come upon someone. Even with temples made with the hands of men, there was an overflow or outward manifestation when his Holy Spirit filled it. I've seen and heard tongues used in the biblical manner described in Acts to glorify God and tell others about Jesus Christ. I've seen it. So it's simple. Either I'm a lair or it is for today.

I cling to the truth. It is correct! Dont take my words out of context.

There has NEVER been the kind of utterence that charasmatics have made up by twisting scripture.

I dont think you are a liar. I think you are deceived. You saw something! Ill agree with that! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

4 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

There has NEVER been the kind of utterence that charasmatics have made up by twisting scripture.

I would like to see this proven in scripture, please.