• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 10/8/2017 at 4:05 AM, Abdicate said:

Amen!! It's funny how so many people want everything to be either black or white. And indeed there is polarity, there's a lot of grey out there and I love you ymmv!! I never heard that before and it's so true!

To me, there are three parts of tongues according to the word of God. One is the ability to speak in another language that someone else can hear and understand - like Spanish without having learned it first. The second is speaking an unknown tongue that the Holy Spirit adjusts for the hearer, and only that person. The third is speaking the tongue of angles to God so our flesh doesn't get in the way of the prayer, allowing the Spirit to groan what can't be uttered. There's a lot of grey in here. Paul warns though, if it doesn't edify, keep one's mouth shut. It's all about balance and truth, not vanity and pride. Anyhow, that's how I see it for what it's worth. :D

I can see this as being correct. I have heard examples of all three. I have also heard some pretty horrible teaching on whether or not someone is saved if they do not speak thus.

It is most certainly not black and white. It is God. We are so tied to our human natures that sometimes the 'grey' or (light magenta hues) completely bypass us. The fact that we are spirit beings with a body firmly attached for the moment, is not really understood. We in this modern western materialistic era are so nuts-and-bolts, that it is really difficult to gt this point across. Thus anything truly 'spiritual' that is not in our Grainger's catalog of biblical experience, is not just disavowed - it is not even seen! 

How does one direct attention to the 'unseen real' as C.S.Lewis put it? I have been in churches mostly that run a mile from the gifts. It is so sad that this has been apologized right out of most church groups.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There are definite areas to examine to this:
Tongues would not be an issue to any of the churches if followed/obeyed Scripturally...
The spiritual issue is found in the gateway way itself to modern day tongues being practiced without interpretation thus excluding Scripture from source determination (of what s _ Spirit it is of). Instead one is forced into subjective areas such as I feel it, emotions nearer to God, controlling influences apart from self etc.
There is only one path with which God objectively works within all peoples lives- it is the Word and The Spirit -and tongues is bypassing that!

As far as miracles we see throughout all of history three distinct areas where supernatural insurgence by God was used:
      1. The begin of law ... Moses
      2. The begin of Prophets.... Elijah and Elisha
      3. The begin of New Testament... Jesus and early Church 
                As we can examine in The Scriptures the mount of transfiguration affirms these periods all of which comprise God's Word= The Scripture written
                              Matt 22:36-40
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
KJV
Matt 5:17-20
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

The fulfillment was The Cross and closed canon of Scripture guided by The Holy Spirit making Christ live in the heart of the believer - through these two avenues...
While miracles are easily discerned as such by the situation of Pharisees and Sadducees who could not deny the power displayed so they accused it to be of satanic source... today the claims are dubious and can be doubted...
One final examination should be -if your are in a charismatic influenced church- this:
     The Lord Jesus 'IS' The Good Shepherd and in that leads us into fields of safety (by His Word) where wolves are easily discerned... my question of this movement and spiritual directives are of such it incourages us to search for miracles and tongues today-> is it The Good Shepherds leading or other?

Matt 24:23-25
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
KJV

and it is all in the question is this the leading of God (?) Prayed ... Love, Steven

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

It really comes down to power, or lack thereof. 

Luke 4:32 (KJV)
And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

Luke 4:36 (KJV)
And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.

1 Corinthians 2:4 (KJV)
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1 Corinthians 4:20 (KJV)
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

2 Corinthians 6:4-9 (KJV)
But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;

1 Thessalonians 1:5 (KJV)
For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Hebrews 1:3 (KJV)
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Anyone living by the Spirit will have power and that word in Greek means the miraculous type of power, the ability of miracles.

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Even the Pentecostals will have a hard time with this verse. They have the tongues down, but the rest remain a mystery. The flesh is able to mimic some gifts, Matt 7:21-22, but that doesn't make them of God. I recently found this video and I think it's apropos to our condition https://youtu.be/zka4DUYeJ5g

Watched it all. Then wept.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Wow.  Almost seems like this subject should have been in the "Controversial Issues" section.  Well, be that as it may.  Some years ago, while in prison, I did a study on the subject of tongues, healing, miracles that took place over a period of several  years all told.  I didn't work on that exclusive to other studies, but just over the course of several years.  I hope that this reply is not too long.

Healing And Other Miracles In The Church Today expanded.docx

Edited by Michael Fernandez
To get rid of strike-through that somehow appeared in the majority of the body of text

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

not only is it too long, but the strike out lines at the last make it very difficult to read.....   way too much for me to deal with...

6 hours ago, other one said:

not only is it too long, but the strike out lines at the last make it very difficult to read.....   way too much for me to deal with...

No idea how the strikeout lines got in there.  They weren't there when I posted.

5 hours ago, Michael Fernandez said:

No idea how the strikeout lines got in there.  They weren't there when I posted.

is that a document that you have updated.    

32 minutes ago, other one said:

is that a document that you have updated.    

It is now.  I deleted the body of the text and just attached a copy of the original Word Document.  Didn't know what else to do.  I could try repasting the content itself.  What do you think?

6 hours ago, Michael Fernandez said:

Oh, and btw other one, as to the length, it's as long as it is because of the controversy over the subject.  What I wrote is the result of  a lot of study over a period of years and then finally put together in one body of text.  As there is so much division over the subject, I wanted to treat it thoroughly and justly.

14 minutes ago, Michael Fernandez said:

It is now.  I deleted the body of the text and just attached a copy of the original Word Document.  Didn't know what else to do.  I could try repasting the content itself.  What do you think?

copy/paste it into notepad.exe if you are on a windows computer....   that'll get rid of all the extra stuff then copy/paste it to worthy.   that usually works for me.      Also when you paste something to worthy it usually asks if you want plane text....   tell it yes and it will also get rid of the strike out's

• Thanks 1