3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Yes, they do pick and choose because they have to. With Paul saying that real members of the Kingdom have power and since they don't have it, they have to bend their theology to explain it away.

I think it's more than that. I think a lot of people today are a lot like Thomas. Think about it. Jesus appeared to all the Apostles except Thomas. They told Thomas the truth of what had happened to them. Thomas did not believe their testimony and would not believe them until it happened to him. It had to happen to him ( Thomas ) or it wasn't real, didn't exist and wasn't possible. Only after it happened to Thomas was it real and he believed. Same thing today. A lot of people will not accept tongues, prophecy or any other gift until it happens to them. Until it happens to them the gifts don't exist and are not for today. A lot of people today are just like Thomas, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, firestormx said:

I think it's more than that. I think a lot of people today are a lot like Thomas. Think about it. Jesus appeared to all the Apostles except Thomas. They told Thomas the truth of what had happened to them. Thomas did not believe their testimony and would not believe them until it happened to him. It had to happen to him ( Thomas ) or it wasn't real, didn't exist and wasn't possible. Only after it happened to Thomas was it real and he believed. Same thing today. A lot of people will not accept tongues, prophecy or any other gift until it happens to them. Until it happens to them the gifts don't exist and are not for today. A lot of people today are just like Thomas, IMO.

Indeed you're correct. :)

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, Couppy said:

If you believe you receive if not you get nothing.  

Thats sheer falsehood!  Many have asked for tongues that did not get them. Scripture doesnt back up your thinking either.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:57 AM, Abdicate said:

Yes, they do pick and choose because they have to. With Paul saying that real members of the Kingdom have power and since they don't have it, they have to bend their theology to explain it away.

I think the saddest thing is that grace is a gift too. 

1 Corinthians 4:20 (KJV)
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Tongues exemplifies power? Scripture please.

2 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Tongues exemplifies power? Scripture please.

Ask the Holy Spirit if you believe.

8 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Thats sheer falsehood!  Many have asked for tongues that did not get them. Scripture doesnt back up your thinking either.

Why did they ask for tongues?  Jesus said "ask and you shall receive" Matthew 7:7.  

James said  "....you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." James 4:1-3 NJKV.  

In Acts 8:18-20 Simon wanted to buy it with money when he saw the Holy Spirit was given by the laying of hands.

"When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

Peter answered: “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money"

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Ask the Holy Spirit if you believe.

. Theres an old saying "put your money where your mouth is" .

You cant provide scripture to back your bombastic comment because it doesnt exist .

9 hours ago, Couppy said:

Why did they ask for tongues?  Jesus said "ask and you shall receive" Matthew 7:7.  

James said  "....you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." James 4:1-3 NJKV.  

In Acts 8:18-20 Simon wanted to buy it with money when he saw the Holy Spirit was given by the laying of hands.

"When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

Peter answered: “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money"

Your painting with a rather broad brush arent you?  Your cherry picked scripture proves nothing.

The foundation of the church has been laid. Tongues were a real foreign language understood by those that SPOKE IT used for the purpose of spreading the gospel. Tongues and prophets were the cornerstones of the church .  Modern day tongues is NOT biblical.

32 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Your painting with a rather broad brush arent you?  Your cherry picked scripture proves nothing.

The foundation of the church has been laid. Tongues were a real foreign language understood by those that SPOKE IT used for the purpose of spreading the gospel. Tongues and prophets were the cornerstones of the church .  Modern day tongues is NOT biblical.

I believe everything the scripture states.  I don't cherry pick, why would I?  I believe in the God who can still do what he did centuries ago.

I believe we have to agree to disagree about what God can still do in terms of giving out gifts and ministries in relation to tongues and prophets.  It does not change what he is still doing whether we believe it or not.

2 minutes ago, Couppy said:

I believe everything the scripture states.  I don't cherry pick, why would I?  I believe in the God who can still do what he did centuries ago.

I believe we have to agree to disagree about what God can still do in terms of giving out gifts and ministries in relation to tongues and prophets.  It does not change what he is still doing whether we believe it or not.

Agree to disagree?  Sounds like a cop out. Put your big girl pants on and dig deep!

Of course God can do anything he chooses. He is God! He is the Alpha and Omega! God is also a God of order and certainly not chaos and confusion.

Satan comes as an angel of light. Until one has been through the fire (God allows delusion to teach them a very tough lesson) ;they cannot tell the difference between Gods works and satans. The delusion is everywhere. Charasmatics are the absolute WORSE. They are so naive and quite frankly low on faith because they seek signs and wonders. Without them they are hollow. The signs and wonders have been provided but not from whom they have believed. It really is quite devastatingly sad.