Justin Adams

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

After many years of perusing most 'christian' doctrines, I have come to the conclusion that many/most do not know what they believe.

It seems we are quick to spout the party line of our various denominations, but when pressed, there is little to support these views except second -hand dogma that at the very least is quite suspect.

You might think that this is a part of the; "any man can ask a question that a wise man cannot answer" syndrome. But I would challenge that also.

I would be interested to know the basis of your beliefs. This is because I have seen many, "led into the ditch" by well-meaning but poorly informed Christians.

I look forward to any comments. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Justin, this is the welcome forum where we welcome new members and get to know them.  After three posts you can ask your question on the forums and I am positive you will get many replies.  Just start a new thread and introduce yourself.

Thanks. I was misled by the intro that suggested new topics could be started here.

Have a Great Day.

You are welcome.  I can understand the confusion as there are many threads that get approved without correction.  Just obtain your three posts and you are free to post just about everywhere on the site!

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to Worthy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. I like those verses you quote. In the Greek, this verse should read:

For by grace you have been saved (thru your own faith given at Creation), and that not of yourselves;
it is the gift of God (This Grace), not of works, lest anyone should boast.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Check out the Greek tenses if you will. Jesus said that even faith the size of a mustard seed could move mountains.
The disciples said "Lord, increase out faith..."
Faith is a given. Ipso Facto. it is our own and not given that we might believe, but given as a part of our very DNA, to use or misuse.

Thanks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

After many years of perusing most 'christian' doctrines, I have come to the conclusion that many/most do not know what they believe.

It seems we are quick to spout the party line of our various denominations, but when pressed, there is little to support these views except second -hand dogma that at the very least is quite suspect.

You might think that this is a part of the; "any man can ask a question that a wise man cannot answer" syndrome. But I would challenge that also.

I would be interested to know the basis of your beliefs. This is because I have seen many, "led into the ditch" by well-meaning but poorly informed Christians.

Hi Justin. welcome! I would not be very harsh with other believers. I used to be pretty harsh on believers thinking "don't know" enough about Bible and are following wrong doctrines. I have been humbled by Lord on many occasions.

I come from India. Literacy is not very high. I have come across so many people who do not know how to read and write. They "heard" the gospel and gave their heart to Lord. They are some of the strongest believers I have ever seen. They are some of the most powerful prayer warriors I have ever seen. They worship Lord with all their heart. Would it matter if they get eschatology wrong? Would it matter if they get the true meaning of communion wrong? Would it matter if they got doctrine of gifts of the spirit wrong? I don't think so. They are believing in what they heard. Not everyone has the privilege and access to all the study materials, translations, etc. Some just believe what they hear and give their entire heart to Lord.

I would rather not be judgmental and embrace them. If they get some core doctrine wrong, explain them with gentleness. We cannot gain much by proving someone else to be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

OH yes! Totally agree with you sir.

I guess I was bringing to mind some I met recently on an Alpha course here in the UK.

I was astounded at the blank looks during what was supposed to be discussion time.

You see, many of these (oldies like myself) have not really got a clue as to what they believe - and more importantly WHY they believe what they purport to believe.

You are correct in that in parts of Asia, they have faith that puts us to shame (alone with many miracles). I am just very tired of the people (like me I guess) with so little to show of/for their faith. If the Great Deception were to rear its ugly head, I do not see many of us even noticing. The boiled frog syndrome I suppose. I think the 'great deception' has many unwitting adherents already.

Peace and thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

OH yes! Totally agree with you sir.

I guess I was bringing to mind some I met recently on an Alpha course here in the UK.

I was astounded at the blank looks during what was supposed to be discussion time.

You see, many of these (oldies like myself) have not really got a clue as to what they believe - and more importantly WHY they believe what they purport to believe.

You are correct in that in parts of Asia, they have faith that puts us to shame (alone with many miracles). I am just very tired of the people (like me I guess) with so little to show of/for their faith. If the Great Deception were to rear its ugly head, I do not see many of us even noticing. The boiled frog syndrome I suppose. I think the 'great deception' has many unwitting adherents already.

Peace and thanks.

Amen! That's why my heart goes out to such people. But there are well informed people who refuse to learn! They are just lazy to read Bible. And just believe whatever comes to their ears. No one can help them. Then there are these mighty preachers who know everything, but still mislead people and deceive them for their own personal gain. I have only anger for them!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Hi Justin and welcome!

I have moved this to the General Discussion Forum.

• Thanks 1