Thank you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

My own faith is built on a relationship with God which started when He revealed Himself to me, an agnostic, a One who heard my prayers and cared about me.  Then the Holy Spirit convicted me of sin and I repented.  After that He continued to lead me by giving me a hunger to read the Bible.  God revealed His nature to me through Scripture and through Jesus Christ.  From there a relationship formed of walking with Him, fellowship and following Him.  It is not so much what I believe as Who I trust in.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Excellent!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

OH yes! Totally agree with you sir.

I guess I was bringing to mind some I met recently on an Alpha course here in the UK.

I was astounded at the blank looks during what was supposed to be discussion time.

You see, many of these (oldies like myself) have not really got a clue as to what they believe - and more importantly WHY they believe what they purport to believe.

You are correct in that in parts of Asia, they have faith that puts us to shame (alone with many miracles). I am just very tired of the people (like me I guess) with so little to show of/for their faith. If the Great Deception were to rear its ugly head, I do not see many of us even noticing. The boiled frog syndrome I suppose. I think the 'great deception' has many unwitting adherents already.

Peace and thanks.

The Alpha course, it's okay. 

I am wondering about their response to your question. 

What should they have said? 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

After many years of perusing most 'christian' doctrines, I have come to the conclusion that many/most do not know what they believe.

It seems we are quick to spout the party line of our various denominations, but when pressed, there is little to support these views except second -hand dogma that at the very least is quite suspect.

You might think that this is a part of the; "any man can ask a question that a wise man cannot answer" syndrome. But I would challenge that also.

I would be interested to know the basis of your beliefs. This is because I have seen many, "led into the ditch" by well-meaning but poorly informed Christians.

I look forward to any comments. Thanks.

being here for a long time and being active on many levels of the conversations here tend to make one focus on why they believe what they believe.   Sometimes it's difficult to put it into words and sometimes people just have different views, but after 14 years and over 30,000 posts I have a fairly good handle on what and why I believe it.      And I think those of us who have been here that long and keep up with a lot of the threads have seen just about everything.

Welcome to worthy.   Looking forward to getting to know you.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

OH yes! Totally agree with you sir.

I guess I was bringing to mind some I met recently on an Alpha course here in the UK.

I was astounded at the blank looks during what was supposed to be discussion time.

You see, many of these (oldies like myself) have not really got a clue as to what they believe - and more importantly WHY they believe what they purport to believe.

You are correct in that in parts of Asia, they have faith that puts us to shame (alone with many miracles). I am just very tired of the people (like me I guess) with so little to show of/for their faith. If the Great Deception were to rear its ugly head, I do not see many of us even noticing. The boiled frog syndrome I suppose. I think the 'great deception' has many unwitting adherents already.

Peace and thanks.

Hello Justin.      What do you think is the great deception.   I see a nasty great deception beginning already and sadly it does have many unknowing adherents already.

I was wondering what you have seen.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

After many years of perusing most 'christian' doctrines, I have come to the conclusion that many/most do not know what they believe.

It seems we are quick to spout the party line of our various denominations, but when pressed, there is little to support these views except second -hand dogma that at the very least is quite suspect.

You might think that this is a part of the; "any man can ask a question that a wise man cannot answer" syndrome. But I would challenge that also.

I would be interested to know the basis of your beliefs. This is because I have seen many, "led into the ditch" by well-meaning but poorly informed Christians.

I look forward to any comments. Thanks.

"It seems we are quick to spout the party line of our various denominations, but when pressed, there is little to support these views except second -hand dogma that at the very least is quite suspect".

Hi Justin, and hello to Worthy. Sounds like you are ready for some interesting discussions. Are there any particular beliefs you would like to challenge, to find the basis for? Maybe you have a particular doctrine you believe is misunderstood by many. I am ready to learn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/14/1957

I too think people don't know what they believe, and that what they think they believe comes from soundbites and not truth. I believe what I believe based on personal experience. And that truth is only available to those who are willing to question what they believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Thank you!