• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, georgie_02 said:

why die on the cross at all if thats still the outcome? 

So you can have choice .

If you put rat inside a box and close lid , who is guilty of  rat's death , that rat  because he did not escape or you because you put him here to die without ability to let him escape?

If God made human to live on earth foreknowing that he would sin and can't escape sin himself   , who is guilty that human who was in that earth or God who put him to live here knowing that if he does not provide way for him to escape , he just created him to make him suffer and die forever and ever ?

If God did not provide way out to heaven , then he would be murderer , and we know this can't happen because God is Holy , so he had to provide a way for us to go to heaven , we don't know what God thinks but we know that there was no other way to go to heaven , because Jesus himself prayerd to God that if there is any other way let this cup pass from me , but there was no other way . Creator had to enter his creation to die on cross to pay that price himself , so he himself is not guilty and provided a way to justifity a man . Now man choose if he want to go and praise God , or if he does not want to praise God but decide  to praise Satan .

If you reject that payment which God has made for your sins , there is no other way to cover your debt , so you just  pay your debt forever and ever in eternal fire , because you are forever guilty of commiting crime-sin against eternal being - God .

Edited by Amazing Horse

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/26/2002

:40:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

You have been told before in many other threads like this one that God is fully able to make his will known to people in every nation, tongue, tribe and generation. He doesn't need our help to accomplish his will. The story of Cornelius shows that God is fully able to make his will known to all men. Cornelius was NOT a descendant of Abraham, and yet God made it very clear to him (Cornelius) what his will was for Cornelius concerning salvation. In the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man was not able to change the situation he was in. His situation was fixed.

Repentance isn't just believing there is a living God, it requires a person to change and make a commitment to follow Christ daily. An unbeliever knows this much. They find the simple message of Christ's life and death on the cross offensive because coming to the cross requires people to give up whatever sinful lifestyle they have and allowing God complete control over their lives.

Hebrews 9:27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Hebrews 10: 26, 27 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

John 5 : 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

John 8 :24 I told you that you would die in your sins. Do you believe that I am the one I claim to be? If you don't, you will certainly die in your sins

2 Corinthians 6 : 1 thru 2 As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

KJV 1 Peter 3
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Read the context folks. First off, ask yourself some questions. 

1. How was this good news (gospel) preached? Answer...by the Spirit (but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;)

2. To whom was the gospel preached? Answer...the contemporaries of Noah at the time of the building of the ark. (Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing,)

3. When was this preaching done? Answer same as 2. The days of Noah. 

Conclusion. By the power of the Spirit of Christ in Noah he preached the gospel to the people of his day (2 Peter 2:5) offering them forgiveness and salvation from the impending flood. Those people were shut up in the prison of sin but are now dead.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 9/13/2017 at 2:06 AM, spiderman1917 said:

I don't choose to be confused.  I read the Bible and am filled with confusion.  I see Christianity is extremely divided and quarreling over interpretation.  I don't know who to listen to.

Hence, I don't choose to be confused, therefore I don't think others choose their blindness.  I pray I and they could see.  

Hi Spiderman,
I'm saddened to hear that you're filled with confusion.

God is not a God of confusion.  The bible is simple and clear and there is quarreling only because many ideas keep coming up which many accept when they shouldn't be accepted.

You're idea is one of them!

Think of it.  A person dies, they go before God, God preaches the gospel to them and they have the choice of accepting it or not.

What idiot would not?

We're supposed to accept God in THIS life and live for Him in THIS life and be members of the Kingdom of God in THIS life.  It's too late after we die --- we will have made our decision.

God has asked us from Genesis on to make the decision for Him and to obey Him.  Why would He have done this if anyway you have a second chance after death?

Check out Deuteronomy 30:15, 19

Check out Joshua 24:15-16

God is always telling us to decide for Him and to decide TODAY.  Also see Hebrews 9:27

Man dies one time and THEN comes the judgement, not a second chance.

Also, you really should attend a good bible preaching church where you could learn good solid concepts and doctrine.

Edited by Fran C
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/12/2017 at 7:03 PM, spiderman1917 said:

1 Peter 4:6
That is why the Good News was preached to those who are now dead--so although they were destined to die like all people, they now live forever with God in the Spirit."

This Scripture kept playing in my head today and it felt like Jesus was telling me that many confused people will have the truth fully presented to them after death , and they will be given the opportunity to accept or reject it.

Many people do not know they are rejecting the truth.  Jesus said," if they did not know, they would not have sin".

Anyway, this Scripture gives me hope for the lost.

I Peter 4:6 "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

The "gospel" is the "good news" of salvation that all the people of the Old Testament looked forward to. It is the living power of God that He has given to His children. Those that lived before Christ paid the price were preached to by Christ when his flesh body was in the tomb. Jesus Christ's Spirit went to those in prison, that we studied in I Peter 3:19. What Jesus preached to them was the gospel, the saving loving God that cared for them and gave His Son for them. When they lived in the flesh they had not the opportunity to receive Christ, but in the Spirit they then had the opportunity to live. God is fair to all generation.

God is telling us that they had the same opportunity then, that you now have while living in your flesh body. They did not have the opportunity until Christ, in the Spirit, went to them and preached this gospel of Christ, and gave them the opportunity to accept or reject it. All person that ever lived back to "Noah", which is to say "the beginning" , meaning that all persons born of woman that have lived in the flesh have had the opportunity to accept or reject Christ.

When this age of the flesh is over and Christ returns to set up His kingdom here on earth, there will be no flesh bodies. At that time those people that have lived from the time of Jesus Resurrection to the sounding of the seventh trumpet will be taught the Word of God, and it will be a thousand years of learning and discipline. Many living today are taught the traditions of men, and not the Word of God. They don't stand a chance to face Satan in victory, and will be taken instantly by him at his coming. It is these that shall learn with discipline the ways of God, and be saved by their works at judgment day.

Revelation 20:11 "And I saw a great white throne, and Him That sat on it, from Whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."

There is no soul in existence anywhere, in any generation, on heaven or earth that shall escape this time of judgment. There is just no place to hide from God.

Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Understand that there are two sets of books kept in heaven, the first set is kept that records all your deeds works and deeds that are done while living in the Millennium age, while the second set "the book of life", is for those that were saved during this flesh age. The only thing recorded in the book of life is the name of the saved, for at Christ's return at the seventh trumpet, all souls are changed instantly from their flesh bodies to their incorruptible bodies that shall not change or age during the thousand year Millennium kingdom. The elect are those that made a stand against Satan the Antichrist, as well as all those of free will that were saved and sealed with the Word of God in their mind [hearts], and it will be a time of their rewards.

During the Millennium age all evil will be removed from the earth, Satan will be in the pit, and his angels and those that would cause evil will be removed. Every soul will be in a incorruptible body that gives them complete understanding, and there will be no ties with the flesh that would cause you to sin in that manner. That is why "the books" were kept in the Millennium age, and all those souls that fell short in this age of the flesh will be judged by their works only. "Salvation by our faith in Jesus Christ" is for this age of the flesh only, for "faith" is believing in something that cannot be seen, and it is accepted and acted upon sight unseen. Jesus Christ will be here on earth and seen of all men in the Millennium and there will be no doubt of who He is, and that His blood was shed for our sins.

Revelaton 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

On that judgment day, following the Millennium age and the short season that Satan will be released, every soul that was ever created will stand before the throne of God and give account of themselves according to their works done in the Millennium age. The Saved from this age will be there also, only their judgment will have been rewards given prior to the Millennium age. So we see that the elect were Judged for their stand in the first earth age, but must come through the age of the flesh also. Those people of the free will, that are saved in the flesh age are judged and rewarded at the sounding of the seventh trumpet, and Christ's return. At that time they receive their rewards, while those deceived by Satan in this age, and did not have the opportunity to hear the Word of God will be judged by their works done in the Millennium age, when they will have their incorruptible body, and complete understanding. They will be judged only by their works.

If your name is in the "Lamb's book of life" you will enter into the eternal age, with life eternal. If not:

Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

This second death is the death of your soul. The souls that are destroyed are completely destroyed as even the memory of them will be erased from the memory of their loved ones.

https://www.theseason.org/1peter/1peter4.htm

Edited by n2thelight