• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/16/2017 at 8:13 AM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

If 'hatred' was your motivation for speaking against the LGBTQ anything, then you were indeed wrong and it is good that the Holy Spirit convicted you of that.

But please do not fall into the trap that the world has set by labeling saying anything counter to the homosexual agenda as 'hate.' We are on the verge - in this country - of following Canada's lead in calling many passages of Scripture hate speech.  We are in Orwellian territory, indeed.

Sin is sin - that is true.  God hates it all, and our only hope is in Christ.

But that said, I am not aware of any of the other categories of sins whose victims march in parades and demand special rights.  Gossipers rights?  Gluttons' parades?  Adulterers' marches?

Blessings,

-Ed

None of the categories you mentioned were sought out (or AS sought out) for execution and public retribution over the course of Church history. Adultery comes the closest, but even it was a hypocrites venture at best (given the multiple wives, concubines, divorcees, fornicators etc.). The LGBTQ in your face attitudes and action are retaliatory. Akin to the women's rights explosion in our faces... which the Church did not deal with correctly either.

Sin is sin.

Homosexuality

Heterosexuality (with anyone other than your husband or wife including visually, exposure, flirting, etc.)

Lying

Cheating

Stealing

Muder

Sloth

Gossip

Gluttony

Filthy language

Lust

etc.

Everyone look in the mirror now.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

I usually let this sort of response pass.

But let me as you, who was the woman at the well? Divorcee shacking up with her current beau?

Obviously too sinful to be the first person to directly claim to be the Messiah to. According to you.

The woman caught in adultery. How did Jesus respond to her?

God can and does deal with his people WHEN they become his people.

Or don't you trust God?

Oh yes we must trust GOD.    Back in the day I used to not care about people in sin at all, as I was fully roaming it with them.

But since the grace of GOD did appear unto this wicked thing and changed my heart

and by grace put me in the holy scrips, and in time as HE kept me with the love of truth.

the care for the people really increased.   Who you think works in us and through us.   Tis why I am so often led to warn and be real grave

about the danger of sin and false prophets who cause the people to err.

We don't JUDGE those OUTSIDE the body.  WE do however judge those within.  meaning I see sin and danger flags for their soul just flows out .

THE SPIRIT works as the SPIRIT works.    I do have one question for you John.  How come the early church was so big on being grave

I mean if even wives , women , young men , LEADERS for SURE are to be grave.   Why is so few today grave.     Just ponder on that a bit.

As for me , I will continue to do as the Spirit leads.    You be blessed now and praise the LORD.

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

In each case man, including the disciples, would have turned them away cursing them as harlots.

Is this how we are to treat people? Withhold the gospel? For a more deserving people like you?

How will it be come judgment day?

All those we never witnessed to... all those we were bad witnesses to... all those we irked and angered so badly about the gospel of Jesus Christ that they would never in a million years follow a Jesus that allegedly saves people like us...

Just how happy with us do you think the Judge of all humanity will be?

And here I was thinking you did not judge.   you got me all wrong .   but hey its easy to do when all we see is words.  anyway be blessed now

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

None of the categories you mentioned were sought out (or AS sought out) for execution and public retribution over the course of Church history. Adultery comes the closest, but even it was a hypocrites venture at best (given the multiple wives, concubines, divorcees, fornicators etc.). The LGBTQ in your face attitudes and action are retaliatory. Akin to the women's rights explosion in our faces... which the Church did not deal with correctly either.

Sin is sin.

Homosexuality

Heterosexuality (with anyone other than your husband or wife including visually, exposure, flirting, etc.)

Lying

Cheating

Stealing

Muder

Sloth

Gossip

Gluttony

Filthy language

Lust

etc.

Everyone look in the mirror now.

While it's true that God sees all sin as SIN, you have a point when you say that the Church or even some Christians may tend to grade some sins more severely than others.

But that's on the Church or those Christians.  That's not God's plan nor His desire for us to do that.

In God's eyes, those afflicted by the sin of LGBT must do the same things as the rest of us afflicted by any other sin:

1.  Recognize we are sinners in need of a Savior.

2.  Repent of our sins - "Go and sin no more."

One of my favorite old sayings:  "The ground is level at the foot of the Cross."

Blessings,

-Ed

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On 9/17/2017 at 6:58 PM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

While it's true that God sees all sin as SIN, you have a point when you say that the Church or even some Christians may tend to grade some sins more severely than others.

But that's on the Church or those Christians.  That's not God's plan nor His desire for us to do that.

In God's eyes, those afflicted by the sin of LGBT must do the same things as the rest of us afflicted by any other sin:

One of my favorite old sayings:  "The ground is level at the foot of the Cross."

Blessings,

-Ed

Amen and amen!

I remember the stigma divorcees had 50 years ago. It tended to alienate them from all things Christian.

Jesus said spread the Gospel not make it so bitter to folks they'd never consider it at all.

Just sayng.

I was the victim of homosexual abuse from age 13 - 15 (in the 1970's).

If I discovered this in others I would report them to the police.

Knock their parents in the head.

And probably beat the snot out of the 40 + year old pervert doing this to a child.

It took me years to get over this.

But I also learned not all who have LGBT tendencies (setting aside the born with it argument) are

child abusers.

And that there a a lot of heterosexual child abusers out there who would get the same beating and arrest from me!

In truth, children are exposed to far more abusive situations ("free love" expressions of all sexual preferences) in the world,

I believe we are all going to be held more to account for allowing this than most realize.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Blessings,

-Ed

Ye who say adultery is sin.........Do you remarry

You who say being gay marriage is sin, Do you commit adultery

You who say remarriage is adultery do you heap and steep and desire riches.

THE CHURCHES NEED to go back to the FULL GOSPLE , which includes not some , not most , BUT ALL OF JESUS SAYINGS.

correction is in dire need.  till then its the right and the left so full of sin in their eyes they can only attack each others sins and cannot see HOW to pluck the mote out of the others

eye.   OH yes when once the mote BY the POWER has been cleared.  THEN we do see clearly HOW to warn and etc the other.  For sure that one can be grave

BUT IN HIS HEART the reason he is being grave , warning , etc  iS because HE TRULY DESIRES them to be saved, not to CONDMEN or accuse , not thinking

he is holier than any.......JUST realizing CHRIST is the ONLY GOODNESS HE HAS and IF GOD took HIS holy spirit from that one , they KNOW they would be full of evil

BUT.   THEY WOULD WARN to repent, for LOVE would compel them to warn.   Not as the other side of the coin of the hug all correct none . they off TOO.