• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi All,

Just wondering how many of us may be struggling with a chronic illness... If there is anyone that would like to chat, please let me know.  I feel sometimes that just knowing there is someone else going through like circumstances can be so helpful in relieving a bit of the stress that chronic illness carries with it.  A little understanding can go a long way!  Praying for all of you.  

Blessings in Jesus

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  861
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Hi DueUnoHim!  Cute name! :)

I have only been here about 2 months and I have found many that have chronic illnesses.  Although I am not glad that so many others suffer, you are right, it does help to know that others understand what we go through.  I have found that others who do struggle can be a great source of encouragement.  I've also met some very compassionate souls that don't struggle with health problems, but are very loving, caring, and empathetic. :)  

I created a private Invisible Disabilities & Chronic Health support group on Facebook 5 years ago.  We have over 100 people on it.  I started it for the same reason you made this post.  Sometimes people in the mainstream don't understand the daily struggles.  I have had 17 years of chronic illnesses.  A lot of them are auto immune like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Epstein Barr Virus, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, etc.  I also have a lot of female issues Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, Endometriosis, Hidradenitis Supperativa, etc.  I just found out this year I have a new diagnosis of Asthma to go with my other issues of allergies, chronic Bronchitis, chronic Sinusitis, and chronic Pneumonia.  Then I have the heart issues of high BP and an enlarged heart.  I'm sure there's something I forgot, lol, but you get the gist.  

I would love to chat with you! :)  Feel free to send me a private message any time.  I would like to hear your story.  

Have a blessed day!  Always, Gem

• Thumbs Up 1

Gem,

Was so glad to see your post in my inbox.  It is so awesome to meet another compassionate chronic sufferer who can relate to many things I am going through.  In 2007 I had a lumbar fusion on L4 & L5.  I had high hopes that this would solve the pain I had been experiencing, but unfortunately it made it worse.  I have been on meds to try and keep the pain at a minimum, but to tell you the truth some days I barely get by.  Only by the grace of God!  Life is hard, but God is Good and I am forever grateful that I have Him in my life to carry me when I become too weak to go on.  I also have fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis and osteoporosis along with my degenerative disc disease that has warranted cervical fusions as well as the lumbar.  Thanks so much for replying to my post and I look forward to chatting with you sometime soon.  Take care of yourself.

Blessings,

Due

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

On 9/15/2017 at 2:33 AM, DueUnoHim said:

Gem,

Was so glad to see your post in my inbox.  It is so awesome to meet another compassionate chronic sufferer who can relate to many things I am going through.  In 2007 I had a lumbar fusion on L4 & L5.  I had high hopes that this would solve the pain I had been experiencing, but unfortunately it made it worse.  I have been on meds to try and keep the pain at a minimum, but to tell you the truth some days I barely get by.  Only by the grace of God!  Life is hard, but God is Good and I am forever grateful that I have Him in my life to carry me when I become too weak to go on.  I also have fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis and osteoporosis along with my degenerative disc disease that has warranted cervical fusions as well as the lumbar.  Thanks so much for replying to my post and I look forward to chatting with you sometime soon.  Take care of yourself.

Blessings,

Due

Due,

We should start a club, CCS (Compassionate Chronic Sufferers!) :)  I'm sorry to hear that your lumbar fusion didn't help, but made the pain worse.  That can be so disheartening when we think something is going to improve our lives only to make it worse.  Pain is such a crazy thing because it not only affects us physically, but emotionally and spiritually.  Chronic illness is a huge test of faith and can be spiritual warfare.  To stand strong in the midst of suffering and praise Jesus takes great faith!  It's also hard not to get depressed/discouraged when things are not the way we desire them to be.  It sounds as if you have learned that too...only by the grace of God can we carry on!  I look forward to more chats with you also!  Have a blessed day!  (((Hugs)))

In Christian love, Gem 

Edited by gemstone777
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 10:14 PM, DueUnoHim said:

Hi All,

Just wondering how many of us may be struggling with a chronic illness... If there is anyone that would like to chat, please let me know.  I feel sometimes that just knowing there is someone else going through like circumstances can be so helpful in relieving a bit of the stress that chronic illness carries with it.  A little understanding can go a long way!  Praying for all of you.  

Blessings in Jesus

Hi Due I read your post. I was thinking how hard it is to suffer from the pains you have. I only recently hurt my shoulder  about two months ago. Sometimes I cannot move my arm because of it. I still work even thou it's hurting. So I have a little taste of your experience. I will be praying that you can bear and cope more with this. God does give strength to bear any burdens. The suffering still is a trial. Even if we have strength.  Romans says the creation groans till the manifestation of the sons of God. Jesus will take away the pains someday. That may seem not enough but it's still true. I hope you feel better in everyway. I will be praying for that for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi Wayne,

Romans definitely has it right about creation groaning....lol  I sure do lots of that, but God is enough even though at times I feel I am standing on the edge!  Life is hard, but God is good.  He is so faithful and true and despite the pain I have to remember everyday is a gift of God.  The pain wants to steal my joy and focus, but I also know that there is a purpose for this pain.  I have certainly gained much compassion for those suffering and have tried to be an encouragement to others hurting.  It's amazing how soothing it can be when you meet up with a fellow sufferer because it helps you know you are not alone and they "get it" when others really don't have a clue as to what you are going through.  Thanks so much for lifting me in your prayers I appreciate it more than you know.  I will pray for your shoulder also and trust that healing will come soon.

Blessings in Jesus,

Due

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Praying for you both Due & Wayne!  God bonds us through our suffering!  (((Hugs)))  Love in Christ, Gem

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On ‎14‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, DueUnoHim said:

Hi All,

Blessings in Jesus

Hello to you and all the rest reading this,

Yes I am one of them, or to put it more correctly,  I used to be.

First and foremost, all of us need to understand that chronic illness is a CURSE.  It's in Deuteronomy 28.  Most of us only tend to read the first part of Deuteronomy 28 which talks about "Blessings for Obedience".   That's great and all.  But it behooves us to try and read the second part as well, which talks about "Curses for Disobedience".  

For example,

----

21 The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess.

22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish.

27 The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured.

35 The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

60 He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you.

61 The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed.

-------

Whatever conditions described above , the devil is able to counterfeit them and afflict them on our bodies today, deceiving us to believe that we're cursed.  But Christ Jesus has already redeemed us from ALL curses.

Galatians 3:13-14

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. "

What are the blessings of Abraham?

Genesis 24:1

"Abraham was now very old, and the Lord had blessed him in every way."

including health.

We, as believers, must take authority over our sicknesses and diseases and uproot them. (Luke 10:19 , 17:6 ;  Mark 11:24).  And it is a persistent and continuous process until we see results. 

Let the devil know that enough is enough, you are no longer under any curse, you are already redeemed by the Blood of Jesus, Who Himself took our infirmities and diseases (Isaiah 53 : 5).  Command the pain to GO.  Prophecy into your body or in the area that you need healing - for fresh new cells, tissues, tendons, ligaments, cartiledges to come into life supernaturally  (Ezekial 37:4-6)

Matthew 4:23-24

"Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.  News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.

I guarantee you, if you hold on to your faith and persist, if you exercise due diligence and declare the Word of God everyday like that,  YOU ARE GOING TO SEE RESULTS. 

Health and strength will return to your body.  In fact, let there be 120% restoration of health.  Your youth shall be renewed like the eagle's.

I am still recovering from my incurable disease.  But I can feel that it is happening. Healing is perfecting in my body everyday.  I am definitely getting better and better each day.  It is a condition that my mother used to suffer but NO devil, I refuse to suffer like her because I'm a believer, I'm a child of the Most High God, the Redeemed of the Lord, the Blessed one.  God will pay me back double for my troubles.  I believe I'm getting back my health 120% restoration and perfection.

Psalm 138:8 - God will perfect that which concerns you.

Edited by Liberty

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 9/14/2017 at 11:33 PM, DueUnoHim said:

Gem,

Blessings,

Due

You sound like me except no osteoporosis, and my back pain comes and goes--just can't stand or walk for very long or I am suddenly in a lot of pain and can't make it out of the store so I sit down on a shelf.  Some days and times of the day are worse than others.  But my husband's osteoarthritis is very severe and he has nerve injury in his neck.  It is partially frozen and can barely move his head; his right hand is useless and is frozen with arthritis.  He copes by sleeping a lot.  They won't give him anything for pain.  Drugs that elevate my pain threshold are all they give me--like Tylonal.  But God's grace is new every morning and He is so close to me.  His very Presence is a huge comfort.  Then I think of the sufferings of Christ.  He is praying for us!

Blessings,

Willa

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 1:27 AM, Liberty said:

Hello to you and all the rest reading this,

Yes I am one of them, or to put it more correctly,  I used to be.

First and foremost, all of us need to understand that chronic illness is a CURSE.  It's in Deuteronomy 28.  Most of us only tend to read the first part of Deuteronomy 28 which talks about "Blessings for Obedience".   That's great and all.  But it behooves us to try and read the second part as well, which talks about "Curses for Disobedience".  

For example,

----

21 The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess.

22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish.

27 The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured.

35 The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

60 He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you.

61 The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed.

-------

Whatever conditions described above , the devil is able to counterfeit them and afflict them on our bodies today, deceiving us to believe that we're cursed.  But Christ Jesus has already redeemed us from ALL curses.

Galatians 3:13-14

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. "

What are the blessings of Abraham?

Genesis 24:1

"Abraham was now very old, and the Lord had blessed him in every way."

including health.

We, as believers, must take authority over our sicknesses and diseases and uproot them. (Luke 10:19 , 17:6 ;  Mark 11:24).  And it is a persistent and continuous process until we see results. 

Let the devil know that enough is enough, you are no longer under any curse, you are already redeemed by the Blood of Jesus, Who Himself took our infirmities and diseases (Isaiah 53 : 5).  Command the pain to GO.  Prophecy into your body or in the area that you need healing - for fresh new cells, tissues, tendons, ligaments, cartiledges to come into life supernaturally  (Ezekial 37:4-6)

Matthew 4:23-24

"Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.  News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.

I guarantee you, if you hold on to your faith and persist, if you exercise due diligence and declare the Word of God everyday like that,  YOU ARE GOING TO SEE RESULTS. 

Health and strength will return to your body.  In fact, let there be 120% restoration of health.  Your youth shall be renewed like the eagle's.

I am still recovering from my incurable disease.  But I can feel that it is happening. Healing is perfecting in my body everyday.  I am definitely getting better and better each day.  It is a condition that my mother used to suffer but NO devil, I refuse to suffer like her because I'm a believer, I'm a child of the Most High God, the Redeemed of the Lord, the Blessed one.  God will pay me back double for my troubles.  I believe I'm getting back my health 120% restoration and perfection.

Psalm 138:8 - God will perfect that which concerns you.

That was blessings promised to Israel under the first covenant. We are promises better things which are heavenly things which we get when Christ returns. The pain or illnesses we as christian get is not because we are curse. It's because we are still in a fallen world. We will receive our glorified body when Jesus comes for us. That body will have no pain. Praise God.