• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/14/2017 at 2:11 AM, shiloh357 said:

We think we’re so smart. But nature is smarter. Our big beautiful cars roll over like toys when hurricanes blow through – as did Harvey and Irma.

In the movie “Out of Africa,” taken from the book by Isak Dinesen, a native runs to report a massive brush fire by exclaiming -- “God is coming.”

We’re more comfortable saying, “Nature is coming.”

Either way, nothing is safe when nature pulls the plug on everything we hold dear, starting with our very lives.

We are at the mercy of the elements. Among ourselves it brings out the best and the worst. We saw how Texas and all of America came together with love for Hurricane Harvey. But now we’ve heard from Hollywood. Actress Jennifer Lawrence, speaking for her kind, blames Trump for Hurricane Irma. In other words, we voted for hurricanes…and the karma is coming. 

Such nonsense aside, we ponder -- Of what use is all this technology when it doesn’t work? We build the most advanced means of communication and in a flash we’re rendered speechless. Our Smart Phones have no chance when the big rains pour and our computers have no life when the big winds blow.  

We are human after all. 

What’s it all about? We don’t know. Maybe it is so -- God is coming. Sure sounds like it all right. 

Must be tough being an atheist when all you have left is prayer.

For certain we’re being taught a lesson in humility…and that is Biblical, whether you take it as purely happenstance or not. Consider the Flood. See parts of Texas, Louisiana, Florida, the Caribbean to get a dove’s eye view of what it must have been like during Noah’s day. Our most prized structures turned to wilderness. 

The most powerful nation on earth, and we tremble at the word…the word LANDFALL. God is coming. 

Millions running for their lives…homes uprooted…skyscrapers swaying and even toppled…all our sophistication reduced to rubble.

Our wisdom turned to nonsense.

The tower of Babel – was it simply a story, or a warning that there is a power beyond our control?

Perhaps we’re being told something when we reach for the skies through the might of our technologies and in the arrogance of our abundance -- but from psalm to psalm King David reminds us how we are humbled when “The God of Glory thunders…his Voice of majesty is heard upon the waters.” 

Perhaps the verities of our ancients are so very true after all…and perhaps King Solomon was not speaking merely for himself but for all time when he lamented that all is futility and vanity. “But see,” he writes in his book of Ecclesiastes, “this I did find: God has made man simple, but they sought many intrigues.”

By seeking too much wisdom, have we, then, outsmarted ourselves?

We may disagree between Faith and Reason, but on this task we can agree, to live each day as if it is our last. The rest is folly.

New York-based bestselling American novelist Jack Engelhard writes regularly for Arutz Sheva. Engelhard wrote the international book-to-movie bestseller “Indecent Proposal” and the ground-breaking inside-journalism thriller “The Bathsheba Deadline.” His latest is “News Anchor Sweetheart.” He is the recipient of the Ben Hecht Award for Literary Excellence. Website: www.jackengelhard.com

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/20994?utm_source=activetrail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Hi Shiloh,

I'm not sure, is the above something you wrote? ??? Or is it an article you read ???

In any case from my own perspective Irma was a storm, just as Harvey was a storm, much like storms have been storms for my lifetime and perhaps for as long as storms have been recorded. Nothing more, nothing less. Irma  I guess has now been rated as the seventh strongest to go through the Florida Keys. And it was twenty first most powerful to go through Clearwater / Tampa area. Nothing more, nothing less.

Our technology was wondrous! Perhaps it saved many thousands of lives and even many hundreds of millions of dollars of property real and personal. 

Many tens of thousands worked together to prepare for the storm as a result of the technology that warned us. Most of us already had provisions on hand and safety apparatus at the ready to install. We also knew that evacuate does not mean get on the road and drive to Alabama. It simply means get to a safe place that technology has helped us design, build, and know.

Also; after the storm we have been working together to help each other clean up ( My own old body aches from the good labor of it). At least seventeen thousand workers of power companies have come into the State of Florida right after having entered in to Texas. They had power back on in  few days for my own area. Some areas are still hurting for sure. But the marvel is the technology exists for the planning  of how to respond to the storms that come, and it works pretty well.

There will be great knashings of teeth over costs, and over government will and over ecology, much of it technology driven. At the end there will be better housing, better power networks, and safer living conditions. We are not doomed to live in the dark and gloom, not at all. 

Christians are light if we apply ourselves, we are light  to the lost, we need not go chicken little and proclaim doom, doom, doom! We need only praise God in all matters, help the unfortunate, and band together in corporate prayer and worship, thanking God for the mercy of the cross and of our Lord and savior Jesus.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/14/1957

19 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I did not vote for a single one them.   But those high ups for redistrubuitoin of wealth.  A hint they don't care about the POOR , they just prentending

Like judas , they SAY but this can be given to the POOR but the real motive is........they hold the bag.....and OH YES they will keep what is put theirin.

The liberal agenda is of satan ricky,  it truly is.  this all inclusive lie , this all roads lead , this pretending to love the poor.

You seem to notice the problems with the RICH on the RIGHT ..........but pard.......your side has far more money hungery , I MEAN BIG MONEY MACHINES like SORROS.

the only thing they have in common is LOVE of money.    The LEFT is using you all.   to get its real agenda done.   and both sides are pitted one against another

but the worst possible solution , Interfaith , all inclusive...........NOW BOth sides are finding common mindset in it. 

Don't be a pawn of the men and women who could care one ounce about you all.  They don't love me , they don't love you either.

its just evil now.   I voted not a one of them.   not a one.  

See, the thing is, you assume I'm a liberal. That is a big problem these days, people defending assumptions rather than looking for truth. The truth is, both the right and the left have been lying to us and leading us down the path of destruction for decades. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. I haven't voted for a republican OR democrat since Ross Perot made his run. Face it people. voting for more of the same is only going to get you more of the same! I can understand the appeal of Trump, he offered change to people who are so desperate for change they'll even take a change for the worse. But it's still lies. Don't buy into the lies of either side. Like 99% of everything else, the truth is to be found in the middle. Of which Trump and Clinton were definitely not!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Who is Jennifer Lawrence?? Had to look her up. Guess I'm getting old. Had to WIKI her. Never saw her face, never saw one of her films, or shows. So to me, she never existed.                     Till your` post, Yowm...........<_<

I had to look her up too after I watched Tucker Carlson @ FOX who reported on  her ludicrous rhetoric.

14 minutes ago, RickyZ said:

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. I haven't voted for a republican OR democrat since Ross Perot made his run.

Not voting at all is not what Id call admirable by any measure! 

Your statement is a catch phrase that excuses a citizens privilege and responsibility to contribute to the voting process . It is extreme rhetoric to say they are all evil . Which btw,have you looked in the mirror lately? The only thing that makes a saint righteous is Christ! We are dead in our sins without the grace put on us by Christ propitiation. We are all wicked and need salvation not of our own merit. 

I agree with Alistair Begg when he said: The best of men are just men at best.

I dont think all men are pure evil anymore than I  think you are. Im sure there is some good in you just as there is good in most.

It is a citizens privilege and responsibility to contribute  to the country he/she lives in. We vote to contribute to keeping those out of office that will threaten our democracy that was ordained by God!

Gods saints vote on the person who aligns with his word the closest. Thats all we have so we deal with it. There is no perfect candidate .There isnt a prerequisite by God for a saint to vote ONLY for a candidate that is a christian. Look at the history in the Bible.

It seems to me that this line of thought with some christians cropped up with this  last election. It is wrong and it gives EVIL a way to  reinforce itself.

The only thing necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/edmundburk377528.html
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

55 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I do not, at least so far, support Trump.  I did not vote for him.  But the above sentiment is a non-starter every time it is used.  "Trump is in office.  THE SKY IS FALLING!!!"  Explain to us how things are worse, in 2017, with Trump as President, than they were in 2016, with Obama as president.  I keep seeing people tell me it's worse, but they can never explain it to me.  How it is worse, or why it is worse.  Today we have Robert Redford blaming the moral decay of America on Trump when he and his other Hollywood cronies are some of the actual culprits when it comes to America's moral failings.  Trump did not have anything to do with that.  So explain to me why we are worse off, right now, with Trump as president.  Because I can actually see at least four different areas where we are actually much better off so far in 2017.

We are not worse off because of Trump. But we're no better either. We're still on the same road we've been dragged down for the last several decades. Politicians tell us lies, we buy in, then find out we were lied to. Perfect example is trumps promise that 'on day 1 we'd get healthcare that's cheaper and covers everyone'. Yet to this day they still don't have a plan for that. The plan they offered was NOTHING like the plan they promised and threatened to do just the opposite of what they promised. Trump offered to drain the swamp. But then he filled it with the worst alligators possible. He promised tax reform that would, like healthcare, benefit everyone. Yet all he has offered so far is a plan that benefits the rich. Keep in mind we'd be no better off under Hillary. She sold us on different lies, but they're lies none the less. Congress had a 6 % approval rating before the election - yet most of them were re-elected. The problem isn't really with the politicians, it with the people who keep buying into their lies. Has trump done some good things? Sure, everyone gets lucky every now and then. But overall, we're still on the same road that we've been on for decades. And it's not a road we really want to go down.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I do not, at least so far, support Trump.  I did not vote for him.  But the above sentiment is a non-starter every time it is used.  "Trump is in office.  THE SKY IS FALLING!!!"  Explain to us how things are worse, in 2017, with Trump as President, than they were in 2016, with Obama as president.  I keep seeing people tell me it's worse, but they can never explain it to me.  How it is worse, or why it is worse.  Today we have Robert Redford blaming the moral decay of America on Trump when he and his other Hollywood cronies are some of the actual culprits when it comes to America's moral failings.  Trump did not have anything to do with that.  So explain to me why we are worse off, right now, with Trump as president.  Because I can actually see at least four different areas where we are actually much better off so far in 2017.

The moral decay of today's America is manifested in the opiate endemic and the use of pot cocaine and other drugs. It is a battle that  has caused the crash of nations in the past,  and is greatly and adversely affecting the USA today. I don't think President Trump has been the cause of our drug crisis that has hurt this country since before 1940. However Robert Redford may well have had much to do with the decay of America's spirit and strength..

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I would point out that coal and oil are just a couple of the natural resources of the Earth that God gave us to use for our benefit.  There is nothing intrinsically evil about using them.  It is what they are there for.  God gave us dominion over the Earth.  Do we harm ourselves when we take things beyond where they are supposed to go, technology-wise?  Of course we do.  But the quest for advancement is not evil either.  it is simply another trait God designed into us.  We are going to burn because we have advanced?  I am not seeing the point to your post. 

God gave us ganja. So I guess it's ok to use that as well?  

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Speak for yourself. I find the above really lacking in compassion as well as understanding, & political comprehension, it demos to me that you don't understand the difference between the Elites of this world and the mom & pop type conservative people who voted for the current President. It is also apparent that you take some kind of enjoyment thinking that these storms & floods will devastate them and teach them a lesson, I find that attitude repugnant.  Who do you think are the victims of these natural disasters? they are the MOST vulnerable of the populations, children, the elderly, low income, middle income people with families that are struggling, many people who rely on tourists for their economy, many people who have the least & who live pay check to paycheck. Imo, you fail to get it-God's plan is in play, we have been told that the natural world will show signs of the Lord's coming and it is. The whole world is getting a wake up call that GOD alone is in power, HE has INFINITE Sovereignty, it is ALL HIS and the LORD God's Will shall be done. Everything that is created and everything man-woman-made is finite & is used according to His Will & it all will be dissolved at the appointed time as GOD Wills it when His plan is accomplished according to His Word.

Did you not read the op?

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Not voting at all is not what Id call admirable by any measure! 

Your statement is a catch phrase that excuses a citizens privilege and responsibility to contribute to the voting process . It is extreme rhetoric to say they are all evil . Which btw,have you looked in the mirror lately? The only thing that makes a saint righteous is Christ! We are dead in our sins without the grace put on us by Christ propitiation. We are all wicked and need salvation not of our own merit. 

I agree with Alistair Begg when he said: The best of men are just men at best.

I dont think all men are pure evil anymore than I  think you are. Im sure there is some good in you just as there is good in most.

It is a citizens privilege and responsibility to contribute  to the country he/she lives in. We vote to contribute to keeping those out of office that will threaten our democracy that was ordained by God!

Gods saints vote on the person who aligns with his word the closest. Thats all we have so we deal with it. There is no perfect candidate .There isnt a prerequisite by God for a saint to vote ONLY for a candidate that is a christian. Look at the history in the Bible.

It seems to me that this line of thought with some christians cropped up with this  last election. It is wrong and it gives EVIL a way to  reinforce itself.

The only thing necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Contrary to popular belief, there are other candidates who are neither republican or democrat. Not voting for a republican or democrat does not in any way imply not voting at all. Oh sure some feel doing so is a wasted vote. To me, the wasted vote is one cast for more of the same stuff we've already decided we need a change from.