• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Big-Guns said:

So you are saying that people who are suffering from a psychological disease are not being possessed or influenced by Satan?  Is it not the heart of man that is corrupt and the cause of illness suffering and sin? Is the heart not of the spirit and carnal.  I believe that the origin of knowledge thought and desire is of spirit which is the heart the true identity and that these people need there minds cleaned of the filth and disease that is in this world and need to be born again and put on the mind of Christ.  They can do this by reading the word of God don't you think?  Don't you also think that medicaton has ties to witch craft?  How about the word pharmakeia

Not always. While it is true that all the illness and suffering of this world are due to sin. That does not mean a sickness faced by a person is due to demon possession. Medication give cure and more often temporary. They don't heal a person. Lord is the ultimate healer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

4 minutes ago, ravindran said:

Not always. While it is true that all the illness and suffering of this world are due to sin. That does not mean a sickness faced by a person is due to demon possession. Medication give cure and more often temporary. They don't heal a person. Lord is the ultimate healer.

And sin is the will and spirit of Satan that dwells within man. The only way to defeat Satan is to rid your mind and life of him.  Replace the heart of evil and unit with God in wisdom and action walk in the spirit mind over body.  No there will never be a medication that will cure a spiritual issue not even temporarily it is a illusion and a lie to think it does you can not use Satan to defeat Satan you can not overcome evil with the physical weapons or solutions of this world but with the word of Christ all can be overcome.  Mental illness is actually demonic they are demons that enter people and cause perversion deception and suffering which will lead to poor health and death.

Guest shiloh357

Your brain is a physical organ and it can get sick, just like your heart and lungs or liver or kidneys.   We have to be careful not to suggest that what is really just mental illness is actually demonic.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

why can believers have mental health issues??? previous posts are correct-- cant be possessed by demons-- but we know from scriptural example  ( Nebuchadnezzar) that God can  ( and I think frequently ) deals with a prideful heart by allowing all sorts of mental instability  ~~~~~~ yes some is cause by traumas etc~~~ but I think the majority is caused by pride. Pride is more that just showing off your car, house or other accomplishments--it can also be manifest by the worldview that " I am smarter than God, and do not have to do things his way, I know better"--- even saved believers do this---- To resist what God says in the Bible can have the same results for saved or unsaved ( no loss of salvation for believers)-- but the promise of Love Power and a SOUND MIND can be put on the shelf until the believer gets back in the program~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Psych meds ??????   they don't cure you of being crazy-- they just tone you down so you don't make others crazy.

I know this for a fact-- I was crazy for years until I finally said-- " okay Lord Jesus- thanks for saving me-- but now help me to pay close attention to your Bible and live it instead of just reading it.

Just like Nebuchadnezzar-- when I returned to my senses and a correct view of who was really in charge- he returned my mental health

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Your brain is a physical organ and it can get sick, just like your heart and lungs or liver or kidneys.   We have to be careful not to suggest that what is really just mental illness is actually demonic.

So people take drugs for delusions/deception lust hate anger perversions and these things are caused by the physical brain?  That is not Christian man I hate to tell you.  Christianity is about spirituality and the existence of God and the Bible makes it clear that the people who were resisting Satan were resisting those things that have been mentioned above which is called mental illness for the less enlightend and are in fact unseen demons.  It literally says it in the bible.......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

23 minutes ago, Big-Guns said:

So people take drugs for delusions/deception lust hate anger perversions and these things are caused by the physical brain?  That is not Christian man I hate to tell you.  Christianity is about spirituality and the existence of God and the Bible makes it clear that the people who were resisting Satan were resisting those things that have been mentioned above which is called mental illness for the less enlightend and are in fact unseen demons.  It literally says it in the bible.......

It is quite dangerous to state that "ALL" depression is due to sin or demons. Clinical depression is proven. There are also other forms of depression arising out of sin or oppression by demons. I am not denying that either. Irrespective of reason, Jesus is the ultimate Healer. Have you heard of post-partum depression? I have personally witnessed that. I am very sure lot of moms can bear witness to post-partum depression. So demons possess them right after they have babies?

How lust, hate, anger, perversions comes into a discussion on depression? Why are you equating depression with these other sins? This is your problem. You are equating depression with sin. Which is not the case.

• Thumbs Up 4

25 minutes ago, ravindran said:

It is quite dangerous to state that "ALL" depression is due to sin or demons. Clinical depression is proven. There are also other forms of depression arising out of sin or oppression by demons. I am not denying that either. Irrespective of reason, Jesus is the ultimate Healer. Have you heard of post-partum depression? I have personally witnessed that. I am very sure lot of moms can bear witness to post-partum depression. So demons possess them right after they have babies?

How lust, hate, anger, perversions comes into a discussion on depression? Why are you equating depression with these other sins? This is your problem. You are equating depression with sin. Which is not the case.

Post partum depression suffer  common experience's with Doubt, fear, anger, guilt and more. well have you read the Bible? If you have then you would know that sin does cause these things a simple question for you.  Is post partum depression good or bad? It's dangerous to be blind not to state the obvious facts.

Edited by Big-Guns

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Post partum depression is due to the abrupt shift in hormones that occurs about 3 to 5 days after delivery.  It should only last a short time.  The enemy attacks us when we are most vulnerable.   So we may also be oppressed during that time.  But if this extends for months following delivery there is some other cause.   

• Thumbs Up 3

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Big-Guns said:

Not all cases of mental illness can be attributed demons, in fact, most cannot.  I don't deny demonic activity, but the truth is that the brain is a part of the body and can get sick just like other parts of the body.   And not getting someone the treatment they need just because you think they have demons is dangerous and deadly for the person suffering that illness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41

38 minutes ago, Willa said:

Post partum depression is due to the abrupt shift in hormones that occurs about 3 to 5 days after delivery.  It should only last a short time.  The enemy attacks us when we are most vulnerable.   So we may also be oppressed during that time.  But if this extends for months following delivery there is some other cause.   

I believe we are all different.  Post partum depression, I believe, can last much longer for some individuals, but I generally agree with your post.

• Thumbs Up 2