• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

42 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

might be going off topic here but does post natal depression last for months unabated? as i would find this helpful to know due to an ongoing situation......

http://www.webmd.com/depression/postpartum-depression/default.htm

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

I believe in a chemical imbalance.  I never said that I believed in psychiatric drugs.  Please do not add anything to what I am saying as it will lead down the wrong road.

It seems you are railing against medications, so why is that?  Am I to assume that if you were in an accident and needed surgery, you would refuse any form of anesthesia?  There is such a thing as being so far out in left field one cannot see the infield any longer.  Be careful not to venture too far with legalistic ideals.

No I believe that there is a difference between medicating or preforming surgery on other parts of a human being and that using drugs to treat spiritual attacks etc is very wrong because that is the heart and the core of a person I personally know that it is these psychiatric drugs that cause these chemical imbalances and very bad side effects.  The Bible talks about either choosing him or a physician in the bible.  The demonic forces actually do literally exist in people's head that's how people are controlled through possession deception the heart of emotions and so on.  People are either going to be deceived or overcome the desires and evils that are associated with the heart/mind through Christ.  The goal of these drugs is to alter ones conscious through the use of drugs something that witches also do and is forbidden in scrupture. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Big-Guns said:

No I believe that there is a difference between medicating or preforming surgery on other parts of a human being and that using drugs to treat spiritual attacks etc is very wrong because that is the heart and the core of a person I personally know that it is these psychiatric drugs that cause these chemical imbalances and very bad side effects.  The Bible talks about either choosing him or a physician in the bible.  The demonic forces actually do literally exist in people's head that's how people are controlled through possession deception the heart of emotions and so on.  People are either going to be deceived or overcome the desires and evils that are associated with the heart/mind through Christ.  The goal of these drugs is to alter ones conscious through the use of drugs something that witches also do and is forbidden in scrupture. 

It's impossible to discuss this if you full heatedly believe you are correct and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.  It's sad to see people close their minds like that.

First, the spirit of a person is not their physical heart or mind. 

Second, a true follower of Christ cannot be possessed.  I say this because only those who believe in Christ Jesus will seek Him and no demon will possess a child of God.

Third, by your own words you have a personal experience with mental health issues and the medicine they use, so you are coming from a very biased side.

Fourth, Scripture does not say to choose Him or a physician.  Do you know Luke was a doctor, the one who penned the Book of Luke?  Why would God use a doctor to write one of the four Gospels if doctors were against God?

Fifth, unless you have facts to back up your claims about the drugs used in mental rehabilitation, all you are doing is hurting those who need help by your fear mongering.

Now, if you want to discuss this honestly, with proof to back up your claims, I am sure there are people here who will challenge you to prove your side.  Otherwise, this thread will not go on with you just claiming taking medication is the work of witches.  The choice is yours.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

58 minutes ago, Big-Guns said:

Side effects yes but what is the alternative? We heard of tragedies on the news everyday.

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

It's impossible to discuss this if you full heatedly believe you are correct and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.  It's sad to see people close their minds like that.

First, the spirit of a person is not their physical heart or mind. 

Second, a true follower of Christ cannot be possessed.  I say this because only those who believe in Christ Jesus will seek Him and no demon will possess a child of God.

Third, by your own words you have a personal experience with mental health issues and the medicine they use, so you are coming from a very biased side.

Fourth, Scripture does not say to choose Him or a physician.  Do you know Luke was a doctor, the one who penned the Book of Luke?  Why would God use a doctor to write one of the four Gospels if doctors were against God?

Fifth, unless you have facts to back up your claims about the drugs used in mental rehabilitation, all you are doing is hurting those who need help by your fear mongering.

Now, if you want to discuss this honestly, with proof to back up your claims, I am sure there are people here who will challenge you to prove your side.  Otherwise, this thread will not go on with you just claiming taking medication is the work of witches.  The choice is yours.

Without the spirit what are we? Who are we? And why? We would be unconciouse physical beings without a thought emotion or purpose without character or identity.  In Genesis god breathed life into man and he became a living soul.  Jesus after the resurrection also breathed on his followers so that they received the holly spirit.  That they may take on the identity of christ that they may live in the spirit.  A true follower of Christ can not be possessed? Paul the apostle did things that he did not want to do nor believed in.  Why is this? He said in Romans 7: 17 "even though I believe in Christ I do what is wrong.  It is no longer I who do these things but sin that lives in me."  What is sin?  The spirit and will of demons that possess pervert and corrupt the minds and actions of the innocent from within (possession).

Edited by Big-Guns

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

25 minutes ago, Big-Guns said:

Without the spirit what are we? Who are we? And why? We would be unconciouse physical beings without a thought emotion or purpose without character or identity.  In Genesis god breathed life into man and he became a living soul.  Jesus after the resurrection also breathed on his followers so that they received the holly spirit.  That they may take on the identity of christ that they may live in the spirit.  A true follower of Christ can not be possessed? Paul the apostle did things that he did not want to do nor believed in.  Why is this? He said in Romans 7: 17 "even though I believe in Christ I do what is wrong.  It is no longer I who do these things but sin that lives in me."  What is sin?  The spirit and will of demons that possess pervert and corrupt the minds and actions of the innocent from within.

We are a triune creation, body, soul and spirit.  Remove any one of these and we cease to exist as a human.  Not sure where you want to go with this, so please elaborate.

Paul was speaking of following the desires of his flesh that are against Gods will for his life.  That is no different then we do the same.  Paul was not possessed.  You seem to be ignoring the fact that we have a fallen sinful nature.  This nature has nothing to do with demon possession.

32 minutes ago, OneLight said:

We are a triune creation, body, soul and spirit.  Remove any one of these and we cease to exist as a human.  Not sure where you want to go with this, so please elaborate.

Paul was speaking of following the desires of his flesh that are against Gods will for his life.  That is no different then we do the same.  Paul was not possessed.  You seem to be ignoring the fact that we have a fallen sinful nature.  This nature has nothing to do with demon possession.

I'm sorry to tell you but fallen nature is actually the same as fallen spirit fallen from where? Heaven when Satan lost and fell to earth to enter with his demons into the minds and bodies of those who ate of the fruit and body of sin lies and deception also feed the spirit of evil within people just as the word and truth of God feeds the life and good.  Desires actually don't exist in the flesh without the devil without him there is no desire that is why the bible says resist the devil and he will flee.  

Edited by Big-Guns

8 minutes ago, Big-Guns said:

Thoughts on material things pride of possession physical lust etc are actually demons living in peoples minds people couldn't do let alone think or feel without a spirit. That is why some people are called Satan's children in the bible.

Edited by Big-Guns

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, Big-Guns said:

I'm sorry to tell you but fallen nature is actually the same as fallen spirit fallen from where? Heaven when Satan lost and fell to earth to enter with his demons into the minds and bodies of those who ate of the fruit and body of sin lies and deception also feed the spirit of evil within people just as the word and truth of God feeds the life and good.  Desires actually don't exist in the flesh without the devil without him there is no desire that is why the bible says resist the devil and he will flee.  

That is not what the Bible says.  We cannot blame the devil for our fallen nature.  The Bible puts the blame on us, not on the devil.  Your approach makes every lost person possessed by the devil or an evil spirit and that is simply not Scriptural.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Big-Guns said:

Without the spirit what are we? Who are we? And why? We would be unconciouse physical beings without a thought emotion or purpose without character or identity.  In Genesis god breathed life into man and he became a living soul.  Jesus after the resurrection also breathed on his followers so that they received the holly spirit.  That they may take on the identity of christ that they may live in the spirit.  A true follower of Christ can not be possessed? Paul the apostle did things that he did not want to do nor believed in.  Why is this? He said in Romans 7: 17 "even though I believe in Christ I do what is wrong.  It is no longer I who do these things but sin that lives in me."  What is sin?  The spirit and will of demons that possess pervert and corrupt the minds and actions of the innocent from within (possession).

Nowhere in the NT is any believer ever described as possessed by demons.

In Roman 7, Paul was describing the battle between his flesh and regenerate spirit.  He is not battling demons and never describes it that way. 

As for Jesus breathing on the disciples...   They did not receive the gift of the Holy Spirit until the day of Pentecost.  That passages basically describes a pledge that Jesus made concerning the promise of the Holy Spirit who would come.    Jesus in Acts 1:8 told them they would receive power when the Holy Spirit would come upon them.   That doesn't make sense if they had already received the Holy Spirit when He blew upon them in  John 20:22.

Sin is not the spirit and will of demons.  That is not how the Bible describes sin.  Sin is rebellion and it comes from us, not the devil.   Sin came into the world through Adam (Rom. 5:12-21).