• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 10/2/2017 at 1:48 AM, Sojourner414 said:

Yet, someone with the Holy Spirit can sin.

They can sin, but they cannot make it a practice and/or become dedicated to it.

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." - 1 John 1:6

"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." - 1 John 3:9

And I believe every Christian should focus on being victorious over temptation and to watch against the works of the flesh.

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." - Galatians 5:16

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." - James 4:7

"For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." - Romans 8:6

By believing and asking in prayer what you need to grow; and be serious about it.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" - Matthew 7:11

Do not let the devil or yourself make you think you have to accept doing evil.

"Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed." - James 1:13-14

Jesus wants us to be friends with Him, now and forever.

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light" - Ephesians 5:8

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 25/09/2017 at 1:17 AM, OneLight said:

Again, I ask.  If Satan is to blame, where did his pride come from since he cannot create anything? According to you, if you are doing His will, God lives in you, but once you have a sinful thought, Satan lives in you.  It does not work that way.  When we accept Jesus, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit.  Satan cannot live in someone who has the Holy Spirit.  Yet, someone with the Holy Spirit can sin.  I am afraid your black and white analogy is incorrect.  God gave us a free will to chose to follow Him or not.  We are responsible for our own actions.

Pride is Satan viewing himself greater than God the one who created him satan or lucifer was ment to worship god now he is looking to steel the glory and have men worship him in place of god but who would worship him a thief a liar a murderer etc he offers power to people who do the same they are his children and yes satan does have the power to influence and corrupt through the creation of movies and music etc for people who value the flesh and material more than God in heaven who is the truth and the one who created all.  Again identifying the origin of your thought and knowledge will allow you to become free and make better choices.  Out responsibility is to decern and resist the power of Satan who wishes to possess people' minds.

Edited by Big-Guns

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 25/09/2017 at 1:17 AM, OneLight said:

Again, I ask.  If Satan is to blame, where did his pride come from since he cannot create anything? According to you, if you are doing His will, God lives in you, but once you have a sinful thought, Satan lives in you.  It does not work that way.  When we accept Jesus, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit.  Satan cannot live in someone who has the Holy Spirit.  Yet, someone with the Holy Spirit can sin.  I am afraid your black and white analogy is incorrect.  God gave us a free will to chose to follow Him or not.  We are responsible for our own actions.

Yes also we are responsible but we are not to be condemned most people on this planet do not have a choice because they are ignorant Jesus said himself that he did not come to condemn and that the world was deceived that everybody has fallen short of the kingdom of God and that he calls all sinners to be free it is then once the sinner is free from the power of the god of this world that he has a choice to serve his brothers and sisters and to become a slave to rightiousness from my understanding after being born again and walking in the spirit.  And yes satan is to blame is that not obvious?  The bible says that his is going to be judged and sent to the lake of fire for all eternity.  And I'm also letting you know that the desire to sin comes from the spirit within.  It is Satan's desire for men to go with him not gods.  Do not be tempted to judge god is the one judge. And do not rely on your own mind or from any power that doesn' support scripture.

Edited by Big-Guns

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, Big-Guns said:
On 9/24/2017 at 8:17 AM, OneLight said:

Yes also we are responsible but we are not to be condemned most people on this planet do not have a choice because they are ignorant Jesus said himself that he did not come to condemn and that the world was deceived that everybody has fallen short of the kingdom of God and that he calls all sinners to be free it is then once the sinner is free from the power of the god of this world that he has a choice to serve his brothers and sisters and to become a slave to rightiousness from my understanding after being born again and walking in the spirit.  And yes satan is to blame is that not obvious?  The bible says that his is going to be judged and sent to the lake of fire for all eternity.  And I'm also letting you know that the desire to sin comes from the spirit within.  It is Satan's desire for men to go with him not gods.  Do not be tempted to judge god is the one judge. And do not rely on your own mind or from any power that doesn' support scripture.

Satan can tempt a Christian, but he cannot force a Christian to sin.  We stand accountable for our own choices and actions. 

I would really like to know where you get the idea that if we sin, it is because Satan's spirit is within a Christian.   Do you think Satan is more powerful than God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 9/14/2017 at 3:19 PM, Big-Guns said:

So you are saying that people who are suffering from a psychological disease are not being possessed or influenced by Satan?  Is it not the heart of man that is corrupt and the cause of illness suffering and sin? Is the heart not of the spirit and carnal.  I believe that the origin of knowledge thought and desire is of spirit which is the heart the true identity and that these people need there minds cleaned of the filth and disease that is in this world and need to be born again and put on the mind of Christ.  They can do this by reading the word of God don't you think?  Don't you also think that medicaton has ties to witch craft?  How about the word pharmakeia

Beware of psycho-heresy and its labels. Our society is steeped in pop-psyche. It is erroneous in conception, application and far from the Truth of the Lord.

Doctors (MD's) are more well rounded and often can help with medications and advice. But please do not trust shrinks and their trade.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/14/2017 at 8:50 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I've seen first-hand: demonic influence and mental illness.  Demonic possession is rare, but a born-again should not fear it.  I agree with ravindran's post above.

Well I don't know, but I'll have to disagree with demonic possessions as being rare. The Bible records only a small fraction of the demon's and evil spirits Jesus and the Apostles cast out, and they were many. There's no way to prove it, but given the population back then and the percentage of evil spirits being cast out, leads me to believe the percentage of people possessed back then was high, and today might be much higher than we suspect? 

Today look at all the ways and means people are opening the door for demonic possession; worshiping other gods, money and objects; Ouija boards, Satan worship, palm readers, fortune tellers, astrologers and predictions, occult's and occult religions, etc. And I'll even throw in some Chinese fortune cookies for dessert.

I'm by no means a professional, I don't even play one on TV, but watching a lot of those prison TV programs such as 'Lockup Raw' and the like. The things many of the incarcerated do to themselves and others, leads me to think many cases are much more than mental illness. 

The mass of horrendous things being done to people today, and that doesn't count what you don't hear about that happens locally and doesn't make national news, is staggering. In many cases it appears it has to be demonic possession, or at least demonic control of a persons mind. 

Demonic possession was not rare back when Jesus and the Apostle's walked the earth in the flesh. I have no reason to believe demonic evil spirits are not roaming the earth today seeking whom they may devour and destroy.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well I don't know, but I'll have to disagree with demonic possessions as being rare.

Amen, as you say, and in line with Scripture.

The modern so-called professionals do not recognize Yahweh, Yeshua,  the spiritual world, nor angels or demons,

and call those who believe in demons "delusional",  and they cannot help anyone who is bothered by demons.

In regular churches,  they are SURPRISED when people , during a revival or a visit by Corrie ten Boom or Smith Wigglesworth or anyone who simply reveals and throws out the demons right in front of everyone present in the congregation ,   when they simply do so with no fanfare and no mumbo jumbo - simply in Jesus Name driving out all the demons AND healing the sick also,  often where it was never or rarely even thought of before the Godly worker /disciple visited.  And always , when true (as there are false 'deliverers' also, many of them in fact) ....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

On 11/17/2017 at 7:00 AM, Justin Adams said:

Beware of psycho-heresy and its labels. Our society is steeped in pop-psyche. It is erroneous in conception, application and far from the Truth of the Lord.

Doctors (MD's) are more well rounded and often can help with medications and advice. But please do not trust shrinks and their trade.

What do you know about psychiatry and psychoanalysis, Justin?  Have you attended med school?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 11/17/2017 at 7:00 AM, Justin Adams said:

This is TRUTH in line with all SCRIPTURE,  revealed from the FATHER in heaven through Jesus and in HIS WORD.

The message of the world, is opposed to TRUTH, and usually for power and for money.

As Jesus says, do not trust shrinks and their trade (I believe it is in the past exposed, and shown to be closer to greed and to idolatry than to serving any good purpose honeslty in line with SCRIPTURE)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Well... there are stories of the priestly orders and the prostitutes in those temples that produced off springs solely for Molech. The yearly cycle of death and sacrifice... Some really weird mind games went on under a different name. Pharmakeia...

19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery (pharmakeia), enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21

and the light of a lamp will not shine in you (the great city Babylon) any longer; and the voice of the bridegroom and bride will not be heard in you any longer; for your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations (ethnos) were deceived by your sorcery (pharmakeia).

Revelation 18:23

Other versions read:

By your magic spell all the nations were led astray. (NIV)

and all the nations were deceived by your witchcraft. (ISV)

because all the nations were deceived by your magic spells! (NET Bible)

for all nations have been deceived by thy enchantments. (Douay-Rheims Bible)

because in your spell inducing drugs all the races were led astray. (Heritage Bible [* presently unable to provide further documentation of this resource])