IGNORED

How do I come to terms with accepting an eternity in Hell?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

How do I come to terms with accepting an eternity in Hell?

Don't. Repent and give your life to Jesus. That's the only alternative.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/14/2017 at 1:54 PM, Chrysandra said:

But I'm not passionate enough about God. In fact, I don't have any intentions whatsoever of living for Him or anybody else. You're supposed to want God for Him and because He's loving, not so you can escape Hell.

All I really want out of this life is to live my own life as an Illustrator, Animator and possibly as a Fashion photographer and/or Child caretaker.

I don't really want God for Him.

God intends for each one of us to be a unique work of art that will reflect Him in a way no one else can.  Being a Christian is not about losing our identity into a generic featureless "Christian" life that is the same as everyone else's; it is about becoming everything that God intended us to be in freedom and liberty.  (By freedom and liberty, I mean being free from addiction, bitterness, anger, emotional pain, self-destructive urges, and the like.  I'm not referring to doing anything and everything without consequence.).  It means being free of the things inside of us that hold us back from being that unique person God created us to be.  Being a Christian is about being healed and energized and released inside of ourselves to live life as an adventure in freedom alongside of God; it does not mean everything around us becomes perfect.

"Wanting God for Him" is not a prerequisite for the Christian life;  it is a result of it.  Being "passionate enough about God" is not something we stoke up on our own; it is a natural outgrowth of walking with Him and getting to know Him.

@Chrysandra, you are a unique treasure that God created, not to be like everyone else, but to be like you.  He wants to set you free of whatever things are holding you back from being that unique person He intends.  Your walk with God will be different than mine and anyone else's.  All of us have struggles, wounds, pains, and secret shames that God has to heal to restore us into the unique person He intends for us to be.  The feelings each of us have towards God grow and change as we walk with Him and are slowly changed, healed, and grow throughout the years.   Walking with God is about becoming the person He means us to be (whether artistic, creative, passionate, calm, nurturing, energetic, introverted, outgoing, whatever) and being that person in our lives and leaving behind the stuff (addictions, bitterness, anger, hurt, etc.) that keeps us from being that person that we know in our deepest heart that we are meant to be.  I believe that deep within us, God has placed a unique person that He intends us to be, that unique God-created person that we somehow know, despite what happens around us, that we are somehow meant to be.  That is the call of God to walk with Him as a unique creation and person.  When we are walking with God and in a healthy relationship with Him and others, that unique person will naturally emerge and flow out from us to touch the world and reflect God's glory in a way no one else can.  When we are not walking with God and have broken relationships with others, the unique person inside of us will be in constant struggle against God and other people.  Instead of being free to be who we are meant to be, we are bound and constrained (not by God or others) but by our wounds, addictions, anger, uncontrollable compulsions, and burdens.  We become a mixture of the good God intends and some face of the evil that we ourselves hate in the world.