• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

The Bible gives us a few descriptions of hell:

Matthew 13:42 - there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth which shows that hell will be a place of eternal pain and punishment. 

Hell being a place of eternal punishment is also referenced in Matthew 25:46

Matthew 8:12 - sums it up as a place of outer darkness. 

Matthew 18:8 states it is a place of everlasting fire.

Revelation 14:11 states it is a place of unrest. 

But the most disturbing of all for my heart is 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9  which tells us that hell will be a place of eternal separation from the presence of the Lord. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

30 minutes ago, Chrysandra said:

What will Hell be like?

This is all the Bible tells us about hell. We can not speculation where the Bible is silent.

Matthew 25:41, “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’”

Matthew 8:12, “But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

2 Thessalonians 1:6–9, “God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.”

Revelation 20:10, 15, “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. . . . Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.”

Romans 2:8, “But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.”

Matthew 25:30, “And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Hell is described by the Scripture that has been posted in this thread and it is a place that none of us ever want to see firsthand. 

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

in addition with the above...'without a friend'.

Without a friend? You always have a friend in Jesus. A true friend an unconditional friend. How many of those are on earth? Not many :mellow:

42 minutes ago, Yowm said:

not in hell.

I could not understand what she meant regarding " without a friend". Does she mean in hell?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I could not understand what she meant regarding " without a friend". Does she mean in hell?

Yes I believe so.  Hell would be a total separation from God.  Which leads me to wonder how can anything exist being totally separated from God.

Immediately after a person dies they will be experiencing their first experience of meeting Jesus Christ face to face and and ecstasy that will go beyond their wildest dreams or facing gloom as they have never known. Depending on if they are a born again believer or not. Their future will be fixed and eternally unchangeable.

Those who are not believers will be shrouded in darkness, a region of deprivation and unending regret. There , with their memories and feelings full intact. For them death will be far worse than they imagined. No one will see a friend. It will be extremely lonely and dark.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Hell is described by the Scripture that has been posted in this thread and it is a place that none of us ever want to see firsthand. 

You right on .   the lake of fire ,     if we think this worlds punishments orwhat we suffer in this life , whatever disease, cancer , even head cut off ,

or burned alive by ISIS .....is harsh................The lake of fire is far worse.   

IN this life they can only kill the body once .  but their its continuous over and over torments

and knowing its too late.    To me that would be the most dreadful of it all.  Knowing once your Sentenced..........its too late.   I don't even want to imagine

how so many who mocked JESUS and celebrated Sin , those who never knew him, hated the light because they loved sin more.

On that day  THEY all going to weep and wail.  AND the thing is..........SALVATION IS FREE.   Its not like any one of us earned it or deserved it.

IT WAS AND IS THE FREE GIFT of GOD , ONLY ONLY ONLY FOUND IN JESUS CHRIST.

so also if you ever see any of this all inclusive bear hug all roads lead nonsense..............WARN them JESUS ONLY SAVES.  not allah, not we ourselves

not any other relgion. ONLY JESUS .  amen.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

23 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

Yes I believe so.  Hell would be a total separation from God.  Which leads me to wonder how can anything exist being totally separated from God.

Just remember what JESUS said,  the parable of the rich man and lazarous.  we don't have to imagine anything .  IF JESUS said it.  ITS REAL.  that is all I need to know.