TheBride123

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Mediator- Meaning: A person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come together- a go between. I was told by certain people in this forum that we are not mediators between lost souls and Christ. I guess we are not intercessors either. So forget the prayer forum. John 20:21-23 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father sends me , even so I send you.

And when  He had said this, He  breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain sins of any they are retained." They attempted to use scripture to suit their claims. They try to use 1 Timothy2 and John 12:26. This speaks to Jesus relationship with God the Father. I am speaking as between us and Christ. These scriptures are true but are taken out of context.

They have fallen short. Are we here in the pursuit of truth or self abased non sense? All who have the Holy Spirit are mediators- intercessors- we have all gifts, wisdom, healing, gift of tongues expulsion of demons especially the demon jezebel

spirit which twist the words of Christ and serves false churches.

Edited by TheBride123
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
On 9/14/2017 at 10:39 PM, TheBride123 said:

Mediator- Meaning: A person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come together- a go between. I was told by certain people in this forum that we are not mediators between lost souls and Christ. I guess we are not intercessors either. So forget the prayer forum. John 20:21-23 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father sends me , even so I send you.

And when  He had said this, He  breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain sins of any they are retained." They attempted to use scripture to suit their claims. They try to use 1 Timothy2 and John 12:26. This speaks to Jesus relationship with God the Father. I am speaking as between us and Christ. These scriptures are true but are taken out of context.

They have fallen short. Are we here in the pursuit of truth or self abased non sense? All who have the Holy Spirit are mediators- intercessors- we have all gifts, wisdom, healing, gift of tongues expulsion of demons especially the demon jezebel

spirit which twist the words of Christ and serves false churches.

We can be intercessors, but we are NEVER described in Scripture as mediators between lost people and Jesus.  We can pray for people, but we are not mediators, as that description is used only of Jesus.   He is our mediator. He is the mediator of the New Covenant.   Need to stick with Scripture on this matter and not make up doctrines, especially any doctrine where you attempt to take on a redemptive role that belongs to Christ alone.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

There is no mediator between Jesus and men.  There is direct access and we don't need another person to receive forgiveness. John 20:23 can mean that apostles had privilege to forgive sins only if we look at it in isolation and ignore rest of the Bible. All through the Bible we see the point emphasized that there is no mediator. First few chapters of Hebrews were written just for this purpose! How can a single verse contradict rest of the Bible? If we look at the preceding verses, the message is very clear. We are bearers of Gospel message. We have the standard by which people would be judged. As we proclaim the gospel message, we know whether a person's sins are forgiven or not based on the standard. Based on the path that is available for forgiveness of sins.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2Co 5:19  that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

2Co 5:20  Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.

2Co 5:21  For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

We are not the mediators or the reconcilers, we only bear the message of what Christ has already done.  Our God is a jealous God, and He will not give His glory to another.  He does not take kindly to other people dead or alive sharing credit for what He has done.