PHONE WITNESSING

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'VE BEEN A WITNESS FOR THE LORD (OPEN AIR) FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS. I'M 74 AND AM GETTING TOO OLD TO WITNESS OUTSIDE. I'VE NOTIFIED EVERY CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION TO SEE IF THEY HAVE A PHONE MINISTRY FOR SHUT-INS OR PEOPLE WHO RESIDE IN REST HOMES. THERE IS NONE. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GET OUT TO WITNESS BUT WANT TO SHARE THEIR FAITH WITH THEIR LOCAL COMMUNITY. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OR A FORMAT TO USE?

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, DON SAVED BY GRACE said:

I'VE BEEN A WITNESS FOR THE LORD (OPEN AIR) FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS. I'M 74 AND AM GETTING TOO OLD TO WITNESS OUTSIDE. I'VE NOTIFIED EVERY CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION TO SEE IF THEY HAVE A PHONE MINISTRY FOR SHUT-INS OR PEOPLE WHO RESIDE IN REST HOMES. THERE IS NONE. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GET OUT TO WITNESS BUT WANT TO SHARE THEIR FAITH WITH THEIR LOCAL COMMUNITY. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OR A FORMAT TO USE?

Welcome!

Ya know I was watching a special on PBS today whereas it was a full hour of stories about people in their 90s ( a few were over 100!) who still lived their lives to the fullest!! Your a baby compared to them :) If age is just a concern and not bad health; just do it ! haha

But, to answer your question: I havent heard of a particular format although I think facebook is a wonderful place to look! I spread the gospel all over that worldly site.  Christ told us to go out into the world. You cant get any better than facebook for "the world" .

You can also find many churches who have a page on facebook and contact them that way. You will find a plethora of churches. Just a thought. 

Maybe checking out your local christian radio stations too. You never know. They may be able to furnish you with contacts or maybe put you on the air!

Blessings :)

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

THANX FOR YOUR REPLY BLUEYED JEWEL. I'VE EVEN CHECK ALL OVER FACEBOOK, AND STILL NO ONE HAS A PROGRAM. I KNOW BASICALLY HOW I WOULD PRESENT THE GOSPEL, BUT IF SOMEONE HAS A BETTER WAY, I'M ALL EARS. IF YOU KNOW WHAT A COLE'S CRIS-CROSS IF, THAT WOULD BE MY SOURCE, CUZ THEY DON'T PUT OUT PHONE BOOKS ANYMORE. AS I SAID, I'M 74 BUT STILL WANT TO SHARE THE GOSPEL, AND CRINGE AT THE THOUGHT OF MEN STANDING BEFORE GOD SOMEDAY AND HONESTLY SAY: OF ALL THE CHRISTIANS I'VE KNOWN, NO ONE EVER SHARED JESUS AND THE COSPEL WITH ME. THE REASON I HAVE THIS CONVECTION IS, BECAUSE JESUS SAID, "IF YOU DENY ME BEFORE MEN, I WILL DENY YOU BEFORE MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN................SO IF YOU RUN ACROSS SOMEONE WHO HAS A FORMAT FOR PHONE WITNESSING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  AND IF I DON'T SEE YOU IN THIS LIFE, I'LL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE OF JORDAN............IS THAT A DEAL?   BECAUSE HE RULES AND REIGNS, DON FRISBIE (RIO GRANDE VALLEY, TEXAS)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Hey Don, welcome! :)

Well, with the mention of your being a 74 year old man who has witnessed in the streets, the keyboard can be your format here. The "lost" at the "Outer Court" and "lost seekers" at the "Seekers Lounge"come to this Christian site quite a bit, I'm sure you could pass along some of your wisdom their way! :)

If you don't feel up to open air any longer and can still get out, pull up a seat on the park bench, and look to share your faith there with whoever is sitting on it with you!
Grab a handful of Christian Tracts and place them prayerfully into peoples hands, or any other place about for folks to pick one up.

I've been into a number of rest homes/rehab centers over the years sharing our faith. Perhaps if you can get out enough to visit them, generally they are more than willing to let folks talk with the folks there.
Many a "lonely" people in those places that need our Savior Jesus Christ and are sitting on the edge of eternity!

Blueyedjewel had some great ideas too!

Just to let ya know, I believe it's after 5 post here on the board, you can then post in other areas. I believe it's to keep out bots and/or internet trolls.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

4 hours ago, DON SAVED BY GRACE said:

what do you mean when you say you are too old to witness outside? do you mean you have mobility issues?

if it is just to do with age, start a blog? offer encouragements on forums such as this?

anyway, welcome!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Welcome Don. Looking forward to hearing what you come up with to continue witnessing. Blessings :) 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  106

12 hours ago, DON SAVED BY GRACE said:

Hi Don and welcome!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome Don.  I moved this to a different forum so you can receive replies and discuss deeper.  The welcome forum is just to introduce yourself.

Every ministry has to begin somewhere.  What do you have so far?

• Thumbs Up 1