• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Tristen said:

Enoch was not accepted as scripture by all major Christian communities at the time of canonization

18 hours ago, Jude1:3 said:

This isn't true. It has always been excepted by The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.

Scroll down to the chart:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

If you consider "The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church" to represent "all major Christian communities at the time of canonization", then I am afraid we have found another source of disagreement.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

You wrote this:

"Enoch was not accepted as scripture by all major Christian communities at the time of canonization."

So I was just showing you that it was accepted by The Ethiopian Orthodox Church.

Edited by Jude1:3

54 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

The canon was decided by men, not God. And God did preserve Enoch because we have it today as well as the book of Gad and Jasher, among others. In fact, the word of God mentions seven books that are not part of man's canon. But then again, I don't need any written book as I have the Author who's already wrote His word in my heart.

I agree that the canon was compiled by man, but I also believe that God was involved in preserving His scripture for Christians over the period of Christianity. The standards of canonization were not trivial. Mere existence of an ancient document is not sufficient as this can be claimed of many literary works not even related to scripture, and many false scriptures. When it comes to Old Testament scripture, I accept the canon standard that the covenant people of God had to accept the works as scripture in order to be included in the Christian canon. Being mentioned in the Bible is also insufficient to warrant a conclusion of divine inspiration (beyond what is quoted). Paul's letter to the Laodiceans (Col 4:16) is a good example of a work mentioned in scripture, but not preserved as scripture..

29 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

You wrote this:

"Enoch was not accepted as scripture by all major Christian communities at the time of canonization."

So I was just showing you that it was accepted by The Ethiopian Orthodox Church.

I understand, but a condition of canonization (which I consider of fundamental importance) is that the work be accepted by all major Christian communities, not just one. Canonization didn't so much determine the canon as recognize the canon.

2 hours ago, Tristen said:

but a condition of canonization (which I consider of fundamental importance) is that the work be accepted by all major Christian communities, not just one.

You do realize that "all major Christian communities" don't except the same books right ?

The chart shows that they are not all in agreement on what is canon.

Edited by Jude1:3

46 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

You do realize that "all major Christian communities" don't except the same books right ?

The chart shows that they are not all in agreement on what is canon.

You have misunderstood my point. At the time of canonization (whichever council is being discussed), those works regarded by all major Christian communities as scripture were considered for canon inclusion. If any work was not unanimously regarded as scripture at the time, it was not included. Later alterations and amendments are not relevant to my position. They only accepted works which everyone already thought were scriptures.

14 minutes ago, Tristen said:

You have misunderstood my point. At the time of canonization (whichever council is being discussed), those works regarded by all major Christian communities as scripture were considered for canon inclusion. 

What I'm trying to explain to you is that not all of "The Church" were present or represented at these "Councils". 

Also, keep in mind that The Council of Jamnia (70–90 A.D.) Specifically excluded Hebrews who believed that Yeshua was the Messiah from the Council.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 9/15/2017 at 1:26 AM, Jude1:3 said:

In the last year I have been studying 1 Enoch and researching forums talking about it. In one of the forums I came across a thread that was talking about how Dinosaurs were the abominations created by fallen angels mixing with other animals. Maybe that is the reason why they were not on the ark. 

The particualr verse in question is  •1 Enoch 7:5

And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. 

This is a video I found about it :

Enoch was not part of the bible because its authenticity could not be verified. I mean that as Enoch lived before the invention of writing, that means his words were not transcrined till centuries later; that is why it is only quoted just once in the bible through the Holy Spirit.

I can show you in the bible how dinos lived well past the flood.

Look at the book of Job

Job 40

15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Many have tried to dismiss this as a Giraffe, Rhinoceros, African crocodile or the hippo but certain verses like 17, 18, 19 and 23 imply a creature vastly larger than any we have ever known. So dinos likely lived around the time of Job. 

Or what do you think THIS was.....

Psalms 74:14 

Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.