Serious Relationship Godly dating

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

As Christians can we date other people while we are in a committed relationship. Just to compare our current relationship with the people we are dating and see who is the best fit for me.

God Bless.

Edited by James1991

3 hours ago, James1991 said:

As Christians can we date other people while we are in a committed relationship. Just to compare our current relationship with the people we are dating and see who is the best fit for me.

God Bless.

NO. Christians do not date. Christians should hang out in groups of christian friends  (especially young immature christians who fall to sexual temptation more than not) . We decide who we "fit" with by being around another person over a longer period of time. The guy should pursue to court a lady  in the natural course of things and not by a check off list of who fits best.  God will lead the way if one trusts him.

You cant try and fit what the world does in a christians life and call it christian. It is still doing as the world does. Dating leads to sinning against the LORD who you say you obey. Dating only sets ones heart up to be rejected over and over again and tempted to sin sexually over and over again. Dont do it!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, James1991 said:

God Bless.

If you are dating someone very casually as a friend you can date other people. But if you are a Christian that person needs to be a Christian as well. Otherwise you will be unevenly yoked. But if you are in a serious relationship and the couple have decided they will only date each other then no. You must stay committed to that person. You need to make sure that you are on the same level of Christianity as the other person. Is that other person  take God and their faith in God very casually and not very seriously? Are you are a born again Christian and God is number one in your life. That is not Christian compatibility.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

8 hours ago, James1991 said:

God Bless.

A "committed" relationship does not allow for outside dating.  Committed is for one person.  Marriage means total commitment.  Engagement mean total commitment.  You shouldn't be dating other people.  If you don't want to be in a committed relationship you need to tell the other person before breaking your commitment.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Unmarried, about to be married, and married are basically the only "relationship statuses" that the Bible recognizes. So first of all, what do you mean by "a committed relationship?" If it's engagement or marriage, then of course you cannot. Other than that, Biblically you're just unmarried. If you acting like a married couple but aren't married, then you're probably already sinning.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

All our Behavior should be honorable as Christians , this includes our personal relationships.  If you have made a commitment to this person I don't see how you are now asking about "shopping around." It sounds to me like you are not sure about this relationship and it would be the correct thing to do to end it, rather than create heartache, should you find another person more desirable.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

James, as a Christian, when you make a commitment to something or someone, that goes hand in hand with honouring it - hence in some wedding vows "for better or for worse".

If you were married and met a woman at work who was your ideal woman, you can't touch because you have made a commitment to your wife - and trust me, you will find members of the opposite sex attractive after marriage but that's where you have to step up and be an honourable person to your spouse you are committed to through your marriage.

If you are wanting to shop around now while you are dating someone, I'd say to be fair to that woman you need to end it and not date anyone. 

I agree with Blue Eyed Jewel, hangout with others as a group - I'm pretty certain someone will stand out that you would like to pursue.

Hope this has helped.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 16/09/2017 at 1:39 AM, James1991 said:

God Bless.

It would not be wise to do such a thing.

Love does not seek it's own, but the wellbeing of others. You may hurt your relationships if you compare one person to another.

For no one is like anyone else, we are all unique. 

• Thumbs Up 2