Saved.One.by.Grace

Football Boycot

I'm sure the NFL will not miss the money I would spend egged on by their commercials and NFL merchandise.  But I will not support an organization which shows so little respect for the men and women, of all ethnicities, who feel it is a not minor inconvenience to stand for the National Anthem; it is an honor.  Men and women have devoted their lives in the armed forces and here at home to protect and serve this country in many ways, including some that fall into the DACA category.  Meanwhile while the NFL is not missing my money, I will be gaining 6-10 hours a week, maybe more, which I can use for all sorts of honey-do projects, giving my wife the attention she deserves for putting up with me for 37 years, playing with my dogs, and most importantly, honoring God through a deeper study of His word.

PS: This is the beginning of my second year Football boycott.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

I have thought about this.  I just can't bring myself to do it.  

I cant either but as a vet I hate the fact that these overpayed bouys can do this.  It is a priveledge to play in the NFL and anyone who does this should be banned.

I do not watch the NFL for the most part because I do not like the product they offer and because of the way they stuck it too St Louis.

I will say as a Vet I am not offended by these people doing this for the national anthem.  As much as I disagree with them, I feel like I spent my 20 years so that idiots like this could do these very things.  

I agree it is an honor to stand for the national anthem, I still do it filled with pride.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am right there with the NFL boycotters.  I may, on occasion look up some final scores (just to see if a hated team lost),  but game watching, NO.   I do view some college football once in awhile but only if it involves the Gators.  The High School football option is where I tend to go.  Some is even on live TV.  The team that I follow live steams it on my computer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was boycotting the NFL before it was cool to do so.  I have boycotted the NFL virtually my entire life.  No one should get paid millions of dollars to play a game.  And no player has the right to sit out the National Anthem.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, 1x1is1 said:

I am right there with the NFL boycotters.  I may, on occasion look up some final scores (just to see if a hated team lost),  but game watching, NO.   I do view some college football once in awhile but only if it involves the Gators.  The High School football option is where I tend to go.  Some is even on live TV.  The team that I follow live steams it on my computer.

Last night on the local news they showed High School footballers kneeling during the National Anthem.  I find the whole idea behind it sickening, but reflecting this nation's retreat from sanity.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Last night on the local news they showed High School footballers kneeling during the National Anthem.  I find the whole idea behind it sickening, but reflecting this nation's retreat from sanity.

In our local area there were middle school, (maybe younger) players that did it as a whole team.  That made me sick as they are too young to understand

• Thumbs Up 1