Saved.One.by.Grace

Football Boycot

If you want to hurt the NFL, you don't have to stop watching the games.  Just stop buying their products and stop going to games.  That is how you will harm them.  Unless you have one of those Arbitron meters, nobody has a clue what you are watching. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I'm sure the NFL will not miss the money I would spend egged on by their commercials and NFL merchandise.  But I will not support an organization which shows so little respect for the men and women, of all ethnicities, who feel it is a not minor inconvenience to stand for the National Anthem; it is an honor.  Men and women have devoted their lives in the armed forces and here at home to protect and serve this country in many ways, including some that fall into the DACA category.  Meanwhile while the NFL is not missing my money, I will be gaining 6-10 hours a week, maybe more, which I can use for all sorts of honey-do projects, giving my wife the attention she deserves for putting up with me for 37 years, playing with my dogs, and most importantly, honoring God through a deeper study of His word.

PS: This is the beginning of my second year Football boycott.

I am boycotting all NFL products this year, including for Christmas gifts.  I have family that are fans, and I usually buy them things for their team, but not this year. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, Butero said:

If you want to hurt the NFL, you don't have to stop watching the games.  Just stop buying their products and stop going to games.  That is how you will harm them.  Unless you have one of those Arbitron meters, nobody has a clue what you are watching. 

actually even to stop watching would hurt them. no, your not paying them, but the advertisers are....if you stop watching you stop watching the commercials. and a lot of people buy stuff because they see it on commercials....once the advertisers get hurt they stop paying for spots...kind of a longer term thing. Then again, if you dont buy anything from the commercials, it makes no difference. lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Last night on the local news they showed High School footballers kneeling during the National Anthem.  I find the whole idea behind it sickening, but reflecting this nation's retreat from sanity.

Oh you're not alone.  So, what values do they think they representing? It is backwards 1984 communist jargon- I hear.  They are told  it is "patriotic" to take a knee.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

Oh you're not alone.  So, what values do they think they representing? It is backwards 1984 communist jargon- I hear.  They are told  it is "patriotic" to take a knee.

I heard something late last night or this morning and I thought, this is 1984 again.  Truth is reviled, and lies are lauded.  Now the people of "peace" have threatened to rape and kill NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch, and Jimmy Kimmel says he don't care if any Republicans watch his show.  And then we have James Woods, with an IQ somewhere around 184, saying he is retiring from acting, because if you're conservative, Hollywood has a Black List so conservatives are not hired.  Didn't Democrats once fight against Joe McCarthy's Black List?

• Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I heard something late last night or this morning and I thought, this is 1984 again.  Truth is reviled, and lies are lauded.  Now the people of "peace" have threatened to rape and kill NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch, and Jimmy Kimmel says he don't care if any Republicans watch his show.  And then we have James Woods, with an IQ somewhere around 184, saying he is retiring from acting, because if you're conservative, Hollywood has a Black List so conservatives are not hired.  Didn't Democrats once fight against Joe McCarthy's Black List?

We see the blatant hypocrisy & violence in the hearts of these Democrats.  About James Woods, he should team up with someone like Clint Eastwood or other Conservatives in Hollywood.  James Wood is astute & cuts through the fertilizer whether it be political, cultural or Hollywood. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Davida said:

We see the blatant hypocrisy & violence in the hearts of these Democrats.  About James Woods, he should team up with someone like Clint Eastwood or other Conservatives in Hollywood.  James Wood is astute & cuts through the fertilizer whether it be political, cultural or Hollywood. 

Clint Eastwood is an excellent director too.

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Clint Eastwood is an excellent director too.

Chuck Norris is also a conservative.  I think that Canadian football is still around.  I don't hear about arena football anymore.  Watching the games won't help the NFL unless you are wearing one of those devises to track what you watch for Neilson.  Don't buy any of their products or go to any games until they come to their senses.  I have made the choice not to buy NFL items this year because of their un-American behavior.  There have been many times I have wanted an NFL item, but left it on the shelf.  That is how we punish them.  

What is funny about this is I heard one player saying that some want them to be viewed as $40 million dollar gladiators and not to speak.  He is exactly right.  I don't watch football to hear them talk or give their opinion on social injustice or anything besides football.  Why would anyone care what a football player, a musician, or an actor thinks about anything?  We don't pay good money for that.  We pay to be entertained.  If you are making $40 million dollars to play football, you should put on that uniform and perform and shut the heck up on our time.  If you want to protest, do it when you are not on the clock.  

That is another gripe I have about the NFL.  I don't care what these players do off the field.  Let law enforcement sort out the crimes they commit.  If you get a guy out of prison and put a Panther uniform on him, I am cheering him on during his football game.  Create a "Mean Machine" team like in the movie "The Longest Yard," and if it represents my city, I will be cheering them on.  It is not about the players.  That doesn't mean I don't like certain guys that play the game.  I like Aaron Rodgers of the Packers, and I like Cam Newton from my Panther team.  Still, I don't care to be lectured by any of them about social ills.  For the money they make, they need to go out there, stand at attention for the "National Anthem" and be a gladiator on the field.  Another thing I find funny is that a couple of years ago, George changed the name of his fantasy team from George's Giants to George's Gladiators.  Gladiators is what they are.  They are very well paid gladiators.  A lot of people would love to make that kind of money playing a game, even a rough one, but they aren't athletic enough.  They should be thankful for their abilities and make the most of them.