• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

Principles of Interpretation

ASk the Holy Spirit what He's talking about.  And listen to what He says.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Denadii said:

Principles of Interpretation

ASk the Holy Spirit what He's talking about.  And listen to what He says.

Hi Denadii,

Good point, yet we are not all accurate hearers of the Holy Spirit. Our minds need transforming as God`s word tell us. These principles of interpretation are what God has given us as we use our common sense. But even that has been twisted by the fall, so we need to check what we believe from God`s word, and know how to accurately read it.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Senior Member

11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Denadii,

Good point, yet we are not all accurate hearers of the Holy Spirit. Our minds need transforming as God`s word tell us. These principles of interpretation are what God has given us as we use our common sense. But even that has been twisted by the fall, so we need to check what we believe from God`s word, and know how to accurately read it.

regards, Marilyn. 

Hi yourself my friend.  As far as hearing what the Holy Spirit says.  It just takes practice.  I think He would rather you erred on the side of obedience than not even try.  What do you think?  

When it comes down to it....I don't even know what 'Hermeneutics' means.  I am reading the Word and I don't understand, I simply ask 'Lord, What are you talking about?'  and He opens it up for me.  Just as He promised He would.   He has never led me astray.    Our God is a Good God!

2 minutes ago, Denadii said:

He has never led me astray. 

The enemy leads astray. All over the forums your words have demonstrated that time and time again.

How long did you say you have been "a christian"? You havent delved deep into the word if you dont use hermeneutics and apologetics.

1 minute ago, Denadii said:

Hi yourself my friend.  As far as hearing what the Holy Spirit says.  It just takes practice.  I think He would rather you erred on the side of obedience than not even try.  What do you think?  

When it comes down to it....I don't even know what 'Hermeneutics' means.  I am reading the Word and I don't understand, I simply ask 'Lord, What are you talking about?'  and He opens it up for me.  Just as He promised He would.   He has never led me astray.    Our God is a Good God!

Hi Denadii,

I hear what you say, and of course the Holy Spirit has been given to lead us into all truth, (of Christ). Still we need to remember that the Lord Himself has given the Body `teachers ` and other ministries to clarify truths in His word. We don`t always realise that what we know today in the main truths has come to us freely, but people who received a truth over the centuries often had to lay down their lives for standing for it. Some were put out of office or from their church.

Think upon the main truths - Salvation, baptism in water, infilling of the Holy Spirit, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, the ministry gifts of the ascended Lord, etc. even in my life time I have seen people receive the prophetic whereas it wasn`t many years ago, across the Body. Of course there is always a flood of error too.

So people who received a truth, were often not accepted, but over time as people by the Holy Spirit read God`s word then they realised the truth. Now the Body has not come to the fullness of the truth as yet, especially in the area of eschatology, so we need more listening to the Holy Spirit and each other.

regards, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member

1 minute ago, Blueyedjewel said:

The enemy leads astray. All over the forums your words have demonstrated that time and time again.

How long did you say you have been "a christian"? You havent delved deep into the word if you dont use hermeneutics and apologetics.

What?  Are you just following me around so you can fight.   Go to your room.  I'm not fighting with you.  I have no interest in your foolish insults either.

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 PM, Marilyn C said:

In the Bible there are historical narratives, prophecies, parables, proverbs, doctrinal instruction, poetry, prose etc., and we need to take care that we follow the rules for each and not try, in futility, to assign symbolism or figurativism where none is indicated in the text.

Very true! Thanks for weighing in on this.

7 minutes ago, Denadii said:

What?  Are you just following me around so you can fight.   Go to your room.  I'm not fighting with you.  I have no interest in your foolish insults either.

They are not insults and I do not have the desire to fight. I am exposing error through the truth. You could use some lessons in hermeneutics and apologetics. We all need them. Not everyone BUT YOU but we all need them to rightly divide the word. You have demonstrated you are weak in these areas. Im trying to help :)

Which btw, I have full reign of the forums just as anyone else does. Im not following you around. Quit with your condescending blabber. I am not the child you think I am. Children dont have 5 grandchildren

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Very true! Thanks for weighing in on this.

Hi Blueyedjewel,

Pleased to meet you as we haven`t spoken before. Glad you also believe we need to know how to study God`s word. Many people have been taught that it is all about - us. This has lead to all sorts of nonsense & misunderstanding, especially allegorising etc.

Marilyn.

Just now, Marilyn C said:

Hi Blueyedjewel,

Pleased to meet you as we haven`t spoken before. Glad you also believe we need to know how to study God`s word. Many people have been taught that it is all about - us. This has lead to all sorts of nonsense & misunderstanding, especially allegorising etc.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn. Pleased to meet you as well :) 

I agree with you! Some desire to stay on milk through ignorance and some seek the Lord with all our hearts, our minds and souls. We desire meat.