• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, TheBride123 said:

So do I. 

I'm glad that you find comfort from Him too.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

3 hours ago, Lolly said:

Come up in the morning . . . and present thyself unto me in the top of the mount (Exod. 34:2).

The morning is the time fixed for my meeting the Lord. The very word morning is as a cluster of rich grapes. Let us crush them, and drink the sacred wine. In the morning! Then God means me to be at my best in strength and hope. I have not to climb in my weakness. In the night I have buried yesterday's fatigue, and in the morning take a new lease of energy. Blessed is the day whose morning is sanctified! Successful is the day whose first victory was won in prayer! Holy is the day whose dawn finds thee on the top of the mount!

My Father, I am coming. Nothing on the mean plain shall keep me away from the holy heights. At Thy bidding I come, so Thou wilt meet me. Morning on the mount! It will make me strong and glad all the rest of the day so well begun.
--Joseph Parker

Still, still with Thee, when purple morning breaketh,
When the bird waketh, and the shadows flee;
Fairer than morning, lovelier than daylight,
Dawns the sweet consciousness, I am with Thee.
Alone with Thee, amid the mystic shadows,
The solemn hush of nature newly born;
Alone with Thee in breathless adoration,
In the calm dew and freshness of the morn.

As in the dawning o'er the waveless ocean,
The image of the morning-star doth rest,
So in this stillness, Thou beholdest only
Thine image in the waters of my breast.
When sinks the soul, subdued by toil, to slumber,
Its closing eyes look up to Thee in prayer;
Sweet the repose, beneath Thy wings o'er shadowing,
But sweeter still to wake and find Thee there.

--Harriet Beecher Stowe

My mother's habit was every day, immediately after breakfast, to withdraw for an hour to her own room, and to spend that hour in reading the Bible, in meditation and prayer. From that hour, as from a pure fountain, she drew the strength and sweetness which enabled her to fulfill all her duties, and to remain unruffled by the worries and pettinesses which are so often the trial of narrow neighborhoods.

As I think of her life, and all it had to bear, I see the absolute triumph of Christian grace in the lovely ideal of a Christian lady. I never saw her temper disturbed; I never heard her speak one word of anger, of calumny, or of idle gossip; I never observed in her any sign of a single sentiment unbecoming to a soul which had drunk of the river of the water of life, and which had fed upon manna in the barren wilderness.
--Farrar

Give God the blossom of the day. Do not put Him off with faded leaves. 

Streams in the Desert....Such a wonderful book!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/17/2017 at 9:33 AM, TheBride123 said:

I feel exactly the same way about the Mother of God.

God is spirit who has always been. God doesnt have a mother.

Jesus was born of Mary. The son had a mom;not God. God is three persons ie the truine God.

Only one person had a mom and that was Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Streams in the Desert is the only devotional I have read through.  It has been years since I read it, but one of my favorites was the bird that made her nest on a slender swaying branch that hung over a roaring waterfall but she sat there in perfect peace.  It illustrated God's peace. :th_wave: 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 9/20/2017 at 4:47 PM, Blueyedjewel said:

God is spirit who has always been. God doesnt have a mother.

Jesus was born of Mary. The son had a mom;not God. God is three persons ie the truine God.

Only one person had a mom and that was Jesus.

Blueyed: This is very true. I cannot argue with that. God IS. Know one gave birth to Him as far as the Father goes. I will remember to put God Incarnate. I automatically assume everyone knows what I mean. I have to realize- that for me it is simple, He who sees the Son sees the Father. The Father has given everything to the Son. The fullness of deity is in Christ. Know one has seen the Father except the Son. My existence of God post , I believe is very clear as to my understanding of God the Father and the Word.  But I will be more exact for those who do not yet get where I am coming from. Thank you for pointing out the obvious to me though, on behalf of others. God Bless!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 9/22/2017 at 2:35 AM, Sojourner414 said:

Hmm...according to John chapter 1, Jesus was there "in the beginning with God, and was God". Somehow, I think I missed the part where Mary, "God's mom" was there watching them create everything. O.o

I understand what you are saying.  I will propose some radical ideas, of a non denominational type. You may disagree. I have learned here- most will never move from more traditional teachings. They tend to stick with the obvious and basic. This is good for less evolved minded people who do not meditate on anything concerning the God head. You may say my views are from the RCC. That is fine.  I just understand- truth is truth. And yes you may say it is only truth to me.  I am still not sure why saying  Miriam (Mary) is the Immaculate Conception because she immaculately conceived- is wrong?  I have heard many say she sinned, I believe that is wrong. Being non denominational( as I am) I do not believe every single Catholic thought. Nor do I believe every single Catholic throughout history is a heretic. Also, I do not believe John Calvin spoke from the Holy Spirit concerning his views and personal interpretations of scripture . He saw dialogue with Miriam and Christ as a revealing of Miriam's (Mary's) sinful nature. I do not. Will I be allowed to share my views concerning the messaging to the Body of Christ that was actually taking place between them? You tell me? Or are you - as so many- so indoctrinated  you will not see the messages in Wisdom that are actually being conveyed, to the Elect of the LAST HOUR? So where does that leave us. If you ascribe to a denomination it may be hard to let go of indoctrination. So, I propose- I will post a thesis concerning this topic: ( The Sins Of Mary)- for discussion. As seekers we must address all topics of all denominations- with one simple goal- uncovering the truth. I do not believe Christianity is a denomination. I believe it is a journey which speaks to the experiences of its chosen in the Judaeo Christian faith- from its inception.  I sincerely desire without bias to understand all denominational view points. I do not seek to be attacked or to attack anyone.

I believe people really desire to share what they know and believe without being label jezebel or heretic. I do believe some fall under these headings when the basis of you argument is proven, yet still rejected. If a truth is spoken and can not be dismantled then it should stand without bias or altering. I will be careful to post clearly, such as to say ( GOD INCARNATE) concerning Yeshua and not just refer to Him as God- which He is to me.  I do not think in my post Immaculate Conception I spoke of Yeshua's mom as being present at Creation by God's side.  Now that you bring this up, I will look into the RCC's  and others teachings. I will look at what scripture says concerning Wisdom and what Solomon was saying. I will also go to books not submitted by RCC persons who considered them to not be  God inspired, (not based on proof- but opinion). I will expect arguments against what I post, or if an argument can not be made against it- well I am sure you know it will not be posted.  As have many of post not been. As I said I do not believe Christianity is a denomination. Denominations seek to dominate people and are always bias and only plead the case of its members. The Body Of Christ is non denominational I will plead its case.