missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Revelation 7:1-3  After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”

This scene gives a strong implication that the judgment of God is impending. The winds of heaven speak of His

judgment, but prior to it's infliction on the earth God wants to set apart and protect His servants. In the verses that follow, 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel are protected by the angelic seal. It is implied that these who are thus sealed have been saved in the time of trouble pictured in Revelation, and by this means are being set apart as a special divine remnant to be a testimony to God's grace and mercy during this time of judgment.

There a many precedents in Scripture for such a protection of God's own. When God sent the flood upon the earth, He separated Noah and his family from the rest of the human race and the flood did not hurt them(Gen. 7:1). When God destroyed Jericho, He protected Rahab and her household(Josh. 6:22-23). In a similar way, in the time of great tribulation, protection will be given to this group of 144,000 Israelites. The matter is so significant to God that the names of the tribes and the number to be saved from each are given in detail.

Revelation 7:4-8

And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;[a]
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I wonder if He told us about this because some would be witnessing it?

I do not grasp the time-line though. I think that other things have to come to pass in Israel before all this stuff begins to unravel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I wonder if He told us about this because some would be witnessing it?

I do not grasp the time-line though. I think that other things have to come to pass in Israel before all this stuff begins to unravel.

The time line in the book of Revelation is perfect. Of course it will happen after the rapture of the Church and it is imminent and we do not know when that will happen. But no one will be sealed by God for their protection during the seven year tribulation except for the 12 tribes of Israel.