Saved.One.by.Grace

Is GotQuestions a Reliable Source?

I've questioned some of the responses GotQuestions provides on their website.  So I looked at who's behind the organization.  That led me to the following evangelical website.

Source: Got Questions?

So when you see someone quoting from GotQuestions, consider the source.  Once saved, always saved is a lie.

Gotquestion actually have proper gospel of salvation and i never found something contradicting in bible , even asked few deep questions for them and thier answer , even tho it took them more than usually , was spot on .

This website looks like some hater can't stand somebody actually telling truth . Answering question on that website , yes if you are saved and murder somebody you still go to heaven .

Actually gonna virus scan after that did not expect something like this . Once saved always saved is not lie , if you teach different then you will be like people in Matthew 7 who tough that they go to heaven for how righteous they are and for how good they preach and for how many wonderful works they did .

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And what is the will of Father ?

John 6

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

There is no mentioned works , baptism , miracles or charity .

Edited by Amazing Horse
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I've questioned some of the responses GotQuestions provides on their website.  So I looked at who's behind the organization.  That led me to the following evangelical website.

So when you see someone quoting from GotQuestions, consider the source.  Once saved, always saved is a lie.

You are sadly mistaken. Are you steeped in works?

Are you going to argue with the word of God?

John 6:39
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day.

John 6:65
Then Jesus said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him."

John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.

John 17:2
For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him.

6 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

You are sadly mistaken. Are you steeped in works?

Are you going to argue with the word of God?

John 6:39
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day.

John 6:65
Then Jesus said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him."

John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand.

John 17:2
For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him.

Sorry quoted wrong person

Edited by Amazing Horse
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

Keep trying to buy Holy Spirit like that guy

Acts 8

20But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

By the way , you don't even divide the most basic division in the bible which is cross , you quote Old Testament , Mark Matt Luke John is Old Testament untill Jesus die , after so many posts that you made i would expect somebody to know this basic division in bible .

You have no idea what you are talking about. The gospels are the NT.

Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. The gospels are the NT.

Book of Acts is in NT . By the way i quoted wrong person :)

Just now, Amazing Horse said:

The New Testament has 27 books

• Historical Books--Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts
  • Pauline Epistles--Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon
  • Non-Pauline Epistles--Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation

5 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

Go back and fix it then. ty

23 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

By the way , you don't even divide the most basic division in the bible which is cross , you quote Old Testament , Mark Matt Luke John is Old Testament untill Jesus die , after so many posts that you made i would expect somebody to know this basic division in bible .

Gospel of Salvation was revealed to Paul after Jesus died on cross , it's different than Gospel of Kingdom that was preached when Jesus was alive and after his death untill Jews reject him.

Jews Rejected Jesus and his gospel of Kingdom and God took the gospel to gentiles through Paul.

Romans 11:11

I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Jews are blind to gospel

Romans 11:25

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Paul got that gospel directly from Christ to go to gentiles ,

Galatians 1:11-12

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Before that Jesus ordered apostles to never go to gentiles but to Jews only

Matthew 10:5-7

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

So if you want gospel for today it's here

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Then you are sealed Ephesians 1:13-14 and it's free gift not by works Ephesians 2:8-9 , 1 Peter 1:18-19 . It is once for all 1 Peter 3:18 made by Christ , who was lamb of God to take all sins 1 Peter 2:2 

If anybody preach different gospel then he should be cursed .

Galatians 1

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The Bible does not support the doctrine of "Once Saved, Always Saved".  It is a lie promoted by Satan.  Some people instead of researching questions on this forum are regurgitating GotQuestions so they don't have to think for themselves or rely upon the truth of God's word as guided by the Holy Spirit.