• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

No, that's not what I'm saying.  Get this notion of God bound by time and space out of your mind.  These are dimensions God created and are not bound by.  We are bound by space and time.  Grace means unmerited favor. 

Ephesians 2:8-10New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

New King James Version (NKJV)

Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Could you please explain who gets that faith to enable them to believe?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41

39 minutes ago, Robert William said:

Could you please explain who gets that faith to enable them to believe?

New American Standard Bible
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Faith is a free gift from God that comes to us at salvation.  (Romans 5:1 and Romans 4:5)  Read also Acts 14:27 and 17:31.

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Faith is a free gift from God that comes to us at salvation.  (Romans 5:1 and Romans 4:5)  Read also Acts 14:27 and 17:31.

Who gets that gift of faith and why?

10 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

What is that gift of faith for and who gets it? Are humans able to embrace the gospel without that gift of faith?

Edited by Robert William

Many spout off at the mouth but are unable to back it up with scripture. 

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

everyone gets the measure of faith unto salvation.  The gift of faith is a gift of The Holy Spirit and usually runs with gift of miracles and healing.  but the gift of faith for salvation everyone gets it.  have you not read that God does not desire that even one should perish... that its His good pleasure to give us the kingdom?

If some are predestined to live eternally then some are predestined for hell.  this contradicts what the bible says about God. 

And one of the founding points of Calvinism is that if one point is wrong, its all wrong.  Dont look at theology which is man made.  it cant save you.  it cant deliver you in time of trouble.  who is calvin?  who is the other guy?  now I ask you, who is Jesus Christ?  You wanna seek truth?  The Word of God is THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH.  Seek His face, not calvin, or Armenian types. 

Read Deuteronomy 30 and see what it says about free will.  It says God sets before us life and death... it even says choose life.  in the garden of eden there was two trees with enough importance to be named.  a choice to be made?   oh yes. 

but you dont have to go somewhere because God made us with free will.  its not like you are gonna catch the cooties from me because i believe in free will. 

Cletus, are you able to show us scriptural proof that says ALL humans get a measure of faith??

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

9 hours ago, Robert William said:

No corresponding acronym is widely used for the Arminian perspective

Depends in the circles you run in I guess. Google tulip daisy roses!

Regarding free will:

You are free to choose to do what you want to do,
but you are not free to choose what it is, that you want to do,
nor are you necessarily able, to do what you choose to do!

In other words, you are free to choose, to fly like a bird, if that is what you really want. However, what you want, is not free to choose, your nature determines what you want to choose, Finally, wish to fly like a bird, all you want - there is no guarantee that you will be able to do, what you choose.

I choose to sin, because that is in my nature, I choose not to sin, because God has given me a new nature, but in this ongoing process of sanctification, I have not been entirely purged of my old nature, but I do see progress. When I am fully sanctified at His coming, my old nature will be gone, then I am able to choose not to sin, and I shall carry that out, because my will shall be aligned with God's will.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omegman, the Canon of 66 books is the final authority, you need to answer with scripture otherwise you are just vain babbling!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Yes, if that were not supported by scripture, it would be vain babbling, if you have really studied this topic out, you already know that scriptural support exists, if not, you can probably find it even on this site, certainly on the web, and maybe from me.

However, not everything is vain babbling, just because it is not found in scripture, some thing though, experience, and broader reading than scripture, are needed. The Bible cannot tell me how to fill out my 1040, or how to make a perfect omelet.

The things I stated about free will, are both Biblical and self-evident.

If you do not have free will, then how you respond next, will not be of your own free will, and then who will be vainly babbling?

By the way, where in your canon of scripture, did you find that the canon of scripture, consists of 66 books?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yes, if that were not supported by scripture, it would be vain babbling, if you have really studied this topic out, you already know that scriptural support exists, if not, you can probably find it even on this site, certainly on the web, and maybe from me.

However, not everything is vain babbling, just because it is not found in scripture, some thing though, experience, and broader reading than scripture, are needed. The Bible cannot tell me how to fill out my 1040, or how to make a perfect omelet.

The things I stated about free will, are both Biblical and self-evident.

If you do not have free will, then how you respond next, will not be of your own free will, and then who will be vainly babbling?

By the way, where in your canon of scripture, did you find that the canon of scripture, consists of 66 books?

As I requested Cletus, are you able to show us scriptural proof that says ALL humans get a measure of faith??