Chrysandra

Why is accountability not a bad thing?

I know this may sound strange, but I hate the idea of accountability because I don't like the idea of being guilty or responsible for anything. When my urges, genetic predispositions or impulses are blamed, it wipes my slate clean, it makes me innocent and blameless. Taking responsibility does not alleviate one's guilt--it solidifies it. And I don't want that.......

I just don't see accountability as helpful to me at all. I see it as accusatory, relentless, judgmental and unapologetic. It's more of an insult to me......

I'm honestly at a loss as to why people agree otherwise.....

4 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

I know this may sound strange, but I hate the idea of accountability because I don't like the idea of being guilty or responsible for anything. When my urges, genetic predispositions or impulses are blamed, it wipes my slate clean, it makes me innocent and blameless. Taking responsibility does not alleviate one's guilt--it solidifies it. And I don't want that.......

I just don't see accountability as helpful to me at all. I see it as accusatory, relentless, judgmental and unapologetic. It's more of an insult to me......

So in other words, you want to be able to do things that are potentially harmful to yourself and others, without having to face any consequences for your actions.  You can't blame your actions on some supposed genetic makeup or your urges or impulses.  All those things are controllable and having them as a convenient crutch to blame your lack of will power on does not absolve you of bad behavior, nor does it wipe the slate clean.  What you don't want to have is self-control and any personal responsibility.  

5 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

We all are responsible for our actions.  No excuses.

James 1:12-15 " Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.  Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.  But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.  Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death."

James 5:19-20  "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins."

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So in other words, you want to be able to do things that are potentially harmful to yourself and others, without having to face any consequences for your actions.  You can't blame your actions on some supposed genetic makeup or your urges or impulses.  All those things are controllable and having them as a convenient crutch to blame your lack of will power on does not absolve you of bad behavior, nor does it wipe the slate clean.  What you don't want to have is self-control and any personal responsibility.  

And what's wrong with that? What's wrong with no self-control and responsibility? How does it hurt me? It can't hurt me or any other perpetrator THAT much, 'cause if it did, we wouldn't do it. I think the real victims are those who are affected by my actions, even though I don't intend to hurt people.

And no, I don't just want no self-control or responsibility--I want to be blameless--to be a victim--to be innocent. Why would anybody want to be guilty?

8 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

If you said one lie then you are guilty of  all Law -James 2:10

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Untill you see yourself as sinner who deserve to go to hell because of sinning against God , then you can't be saved . You are alredy mature enought because you came to this site for answers.

God said

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You can't pay yourself price  for sinning against God , you can't tell your mom or dad or priest in church to pray for you so you can go to heaven.

Psalms 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

God himself said that he will give himself as offer for sin.

Psalms 49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Gospel of Salvation is here 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus Christ died in your place for your sins according to hunders of prophecy in Bible , you can find them here to prove who he is  http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

If you believe in him you are sealed forever with Holy Spirit , he will dwell inside of you .

Ephesians 1:13-14

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

And it is free gift of God , not by any works you can do , not by prayer not by going to church not by charity not by fasting not by loving him .

You fast , share with poor , repent from sin ,go to church and do many wonderful works in his name because you love him for what he has done for you , not to get saved .

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Peter 1:18-19

18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Because it is free gift , all you have to do it accept Jesus for what he has done for you . Time to grow up , make decision right now don't leave it for tommorow , you are not guaranteed to wake up tommorow , price has been paid you don't have to do any thing other than believing . Love you bye

Edited by Amazing Horse

8 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

When my urges, genetic predispositions or impulses are blamed, it wipes my slate clean, it makes me innocent and blameless.

You cannot separate your urges, genetic predispositions or impulses from you. 

We are all guilty OF our sins. That is why we need a Savior FROM our sins.

12 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

So, would you want to be on teh receiving end of that logic?   I mean, can someone mug you on the street, or break into your house/apartment and steal your stuff and simply blame it on "urges"  and you will seek no justice on the matter?   They simply get off free and clear from hurting you since it was just their urges/impulses.

6 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

And what's wrong with that? What's wrong with no self-control and responsibility? How does it hurt me? It can't hurt me or any other perpetrator THAT much, 'cause if it did, we wouldn't do it. I think the real victims are those who are affected by my actions, even though I don't intend to hurt people.

And no, I don't just want no self-control or responsibility--I want to be blameless--to be a victim--to be innocent. Why would anybody want to be guilty?

You are responsible for your actions, whether you like it or not.  Those actions impact others, so that makes you responsible for that as well.  That is not something you can just turn off.  The bolded statement illustrates the crux of the problem.  Yes, certain urges and impulses damage us and damage us worse and worse the longer we keep doing them.  People with this mindset end up doing worse and worse things because their lack of self-control stunts and/or overrides ones inherent wish for self control and revulsion of causing themselves or others harm.  No heroin addict starts out thinking about the fact that at some point they will think about nothing but a drug and obtaining it just so they do not suffer withdrawals.  By that point, it isn't even about getting high anymore.  You take the drug simply so you will not go into withdrawals.  At that point, you are no longer in control, the impulse is.  No one sees this going in, and any strong urge or impulse can wind up at this dead end in some way.  All bad behaviors that end up as an addiction, and there are too many to name, all begin with the above thought.  "It won't hurt me."  And once it gets to that point, if one does not care that they are hurting themselves, they certainly do not care that they are hurting others as well.  Because one's life now completely revolves around this impulse.  We are responsible for our actions, at all times, whether we like it or not, because we have the ability to control those actions.  God gave us that ability.

14 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

6 hours ago, Chrysandra said:

(This is a bit long everyone, but please bear with it)

All you're doing here is shifting blame to something else. But the problem with that is that at the end of the day, we are responsible for our actions. But "subjective morality" seeks the same goal as you are stating here: to "remove blame and guilt" by making anything and everything permissible. And when you're not responsible for anything, then neither is anyone else and they can do what they like to you without any recourse on your part.

First, it hurts you because when there are no boundaries or accountability, you are then subject to the whims of those who also seek no boundaries as well. And believe me: there are those out there who actively seek to hurt others, and have no qualms about telling you how they want "no accountability or self control".  BLM and Antifa are excellent examples of such: they harass and outright attack others and seek their harm, yet claim "they are not at fault".

Secondly, it hurts you because no one I know of in the workplace or other places where civilized society exists is willing to trust someone who has "no self control or responsibility." If you cannot be trusted to be responsible and in control of yourself, a lot of places are not going to want to hire you or want to deal with you. Food banks, schools/ colleges, hospitals, government agencies and such reserve the right to refuse you service if you are hostile, foul-mouthed or otherwise "not in control" and will call the police to remove you. And with the climate of fear of another public tragedy, you may find yourself confronted by security, police or even someone who feels you're threatening their loved ones.

Third, it hurts you because while you may not want to "hurt anyone" now, depravity and wickedness are never static: they tend to creep up and corrode and defile in subtle ways. Speaking from experience: you'll find yourself sinking to new levels of such as time goes on, and it never stays at "one level". Sooner or later (and perhaps sooner than you may think based on your opinion here), things you once thought you were "above" now seem at the least palatable, and slowly become preferable  and even desirable.

That's the nature of sin, and it had its' start here:

When God created the universe, good was (and is) based on His own attributes; those became the basis for what right and wrong are. Anything that goes against God's innate nature (righteousness, perfection, love, justice, etc) is evil.  As such, That became the baseline for morality, and the laws and commandments God set forth are righteous and true for that reason. When Man sinned at the Garden of Eden, the possibility of sin existed prior, but the only one who had committed any sin prior to that was Satan. Once man sinned, the actuality of sin was now on the planet, and the entire creation fell under its' shroud...

...including you and I.

God didn't create sin, but with the creation of Man, the fact that God had given free will  allowed for the possibility of it. But what were the choices? Create a "meat robot" that was pre-programmed to say "I love you" to God? That's not true love, anymore than one of those greeting cards with the programmable audio chip saying "I love you" has any sincerity.

Cutting to the chase here: there is a way for you to become innocent, but it required God to die in your place.  That's exactly what Jesus Christ did, and if you want to be clean of your sin, you need Him.

Something for you to think about...

• This is Worthy 1

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. proverbs 27:17

being accountable to someone else is good because if we trust ourselves only, well,  you might just stumble, and fall in a pit.  We are supposed to be our brothers keeper.   And that's just being a good neighbor.  The focus isnt what you want, that is serving self.  The focus is I need this accountability because i will have better success at living How Jesus says too.  

Bottom line... you really can not trust yourself...

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jer17:9

Proverbs 24:5-6 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Edited by Cletus