• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Jude1:3 said:

I'll take a break from this thread. 

Maybe someone else can chime in. 

Greetings Jude1:3

Just so you know you are not alone, before I discovered the Book of Enoch, I had read this;

Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

I searched and searched through the bible, trying to find this verse and could not find?   If the New Testament confirms that Enoch prophesied, then where are his prophesies so that we can confirm and check that this statement by Jude is accurate?

and this one;

Hebrews 11:5   By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

What testimony?  Where?

Before his translation?  ....what....before he was picked up and never seen again?

It's got to get the mind curious in some way if there is any sort of hunger in us?

It wasn't until a few years later that I stumbled across "the book of Enoch", and I found exactly where Enoch prophesied about the Lord coming with ten thousands of his saints, and I also found his testimony that he was taken up to heaven and was shown so many things as a record, not only for them back then, but to pass down for us today.  It was hard to understand at first, because it was being revealed for the first time time, but when it started to make sense;

WHAT A TREASURE!  WHAT A FIND!

Although Enoch was shown so much, it's not just concerning him, but for all of us, to know about the spiritual dark workings behind the fall of man and how it started which is good to know, because it cannot take away from knowledge but only add to it by filling in some of the gaps.  Praise the Lord God for his mercy and for giving us something extra to seek out and put all together to form a clearer picture with NO CONTRADICTIONS when we really delve into what is written,...the whole revealing of it all, including all the prophesies written so long ago about the Messiah coming,...and his death and resurrection, ...and his return,....... so mind blowing, as it all points to Christ!

I didn't want to get involved in this discussion, because once I start I can't stop.  All these questions can be answered, because the confusion is not within the book, but the reader. 

Our foundation in the truth has to be right first, or this whole book will not make sense.  If we didn't pick up from Genesis that the angels had married women and produced children with them before the flood, then unfortunately this whole book will seem like a fairy tale and you won't change anyone's mind. It's going to be a matter of going back and forth to the scriptures, over and over again, before we can even get to the rest of the meat.  This is what can become tiresome, blocking us all from going deeper into what Enoch saw which lines up 100% with the prophesies.  No one could make this up!  It's not possible in my opinion, not even Satan knew of all these things that were and are to come, he knows some things, but not all, otherwise he wouldn't of killed our King, ....he has been blocked from the truth and put into a trap. 

Edited by Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50

Enoch was from the old world before the flood, and only 7th generation from Adam.  God did not have a mediator between himself and man back then, for Jesus was not sent into the world yet,.... which is clearly obvious from the scriptures, so why are they questioning this?  Have they not read the NT?

Just like Moses interceded for the Hebrews, this is the old world we are talking about. God not only chose Enoch to intercede between him and man before the flood, but also to intercede for the fallen angels.....why? because Enoch was living in those times,....he was there, amongst it all, and God chose man whom he created in his own image to inherit the earth, and the kingdom, and not the angels, for they were supposed to be his helpers in getting us there. 

When God's angels rebelled in the beginning and were punished, he was showing them that he had put man in charge over the earth to keep it and multiply, and to serve God.  This earth was not a playground for angels ...for they corrupted everything, therefore when God chose Enoch to speak to them, he put them in their place...low,.....lower than man, and especially lower than a man that loves and obeys the Lord.  This they are frightened of because God is with him.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I understood there are actually two books of Enoch, one is older. Do you know if one or both have contradictions or strange mysticisms? I have been apprehensive to check out this apocryphal work due to the warnings of a Messianic Mohrah (teacher). I was at first curious because of its connections to Genesis 6:4-12 and Jude 1, but I often find people who research too much on Nephilim or Nephilites end up in heterodoxy and destructive mysticism. 

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, other one said:

Kind of like the main stream news........   

Not all like that.  But I guess when one prefer false prophets and irrational, fanatical obsessions with fallen angels instead of the Bible...

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, other one said:

Kind of like the main stream news........   

No, not like that at all.   It's because of mainstream Christian theology that you have a Bible in English that you can read.  

But when one prefers false prophets to God's biblical prophets, and when one is caught up in a fanatical obsession with fallen angels and not renewing their mind in the Word of God, it is easy to fall into a dislike of the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, not like that at all.   It's because of mainstream Christian theology that you have a Bible in English that you can read.  

But when one prefers false prophets to God's biblical prophets, and when one is caught up in a fanatical obsession with fallen angels and not renewing their mind in the Word of God, it is easy to fall into a dislike of the truth.

Your choice of words is rather interesting. Well see how you react when they openly interface with us as they did before the flood... I'll bring this post to your attention should we both still be alive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, other one said:

Your choice of words is rather interesting. Well see how you react when they openly interface with us as they did before the flood... I'll bring this post to your attention should we both still be alive.

Ominous predictions every year and then.... nothing.   How many times do  these false prophets have to be wrong before you stop trusting in them?  

14 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If you are still around when this occurs you have way bigger problems than interpretational differences.

Don't think ill have any problems at all Cobalt....  as one of the speakers at the "True Legends" conference said, they can't really do much for I am already dead. It will be easier for everyone if they are spiritually ready for what's coming.  As for me personally, I've already dealt with them personally and know what the Holy Spirit is capable of. You and Shiloh have little to worry about, but many  of the readers here are not in that position.

I don't know when they will openly surface in our societies, but people need to know who they are when they get here......  which is my only purpose to even speak about it.

I learned not to trust main stream Christanity when I was 17. If you and Shiloh want to do so that is fine....  We all have our own walk with the Lord and different things we are to do to reach different people who are also in different places spiritually.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Ominous predictions every year and then.... nothing.   How many times do  these false prophets have to be wrong before you stop trusting in them?  

The only prediction I personally have made that didn't come true was the return of Jesus in 1988. I still think he should have been here biblically speaking...,.

When 2012 came up and everyone was preaching end of the world I spent a lot of time telling people that was not what the end of the Mayan calender was about. There was things on the spiritual level that was going to happen but basically it just started a new cycle...ll. it was very hurtful when you and several others just threw me in with all the others and basically called me heretic.

I'm telling everyone it is not the end of the world, though it may be the start of it for if Satan and his brood is thrown down here into our dimension as Rev seems to say, people need to know what they are.  To yourself and a few others here, your walk with the Spirit should protect you with no problems,,,,,   much of the people who just drop by to read, that is not the situation.

I would  have to ask on a slightly different subject but related; who is main stream Christanity?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50

16 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I understood there are actually two books of Enoch, one is older. Do you know if one or both have contradictions or strange mysticisms? I have been apprehensive to check out this apocryphal work due to the warnings of a Messianic Mohrah (teacher). I was at first curious because of its connections to Genesis 6:4-12 and Jude 1, but I often find people who research too much on Nephilim or Nephilites end up in heterodoxy and destructive mysticism. 

Hi Fidei Defensor

When I found the book of Enoch, It was the H R Charles Oxford translation.  I didn't research where it was found, or when translated, but just went straight to the book and read it.  You can look up yourself how it came to be, but I believe this is the 1st Enoch book, which is divided into 5 sections and containing 108 chapters.

Then only early last year, I discovered another Enoch writing, found in the Forgotten Books of Eden website, and this is called the "The Book of the Secrets of Enoch", by Rutherford H Platt, Jr 1926.  This book is shorter, but goes into more depth in some things, and completely harmonises with the first book of Enoch I read.   These are the only two books of Enoch I have.

But Other One, informed me of another book of Enoch called Enoch 3 By Ishmael Ben Elisha The High Priest, edited & translated by Hugo Odeberg.  We both agreed that this Enoch, does not contain the same spirit as the first two Enoch books mentioned, .... I couldn't follow it, and it says that Ishmael was taken to heaven, instead of Enoch, and it's a strange writing.  It almost seems Islamic to me, with contradictions.  I don't accept this one, and this could be the one that has Jewish Mystics attached to it.  Any one can read for themselves and do the comparison.

When I first picked up the holy bible, I didn't research on when and where it was found and translated etc, I just read it, to see what the message was, and knowing nothing about it's origin, but only discovering what was contained inside, I found it a treasure, giving me many convictions, and life changing.

Having said all that, if our foundations are right, we should be able to just pick up any book, and see if it aligns or contradicts the Word of God.  It has to be compared to the Holy scriptures.  If it is pointing into another direction, then it doesn't contain the same spirit of God, but some other spirit attached to it.  So the best thing to do is just read first, without outside influences, and judge for yourself based on what's written and where it's pointing to.  God gave us a wonderful brain to discover and learn for ourselves whether something is good or bad, but others constantly want to make our minds up for us before we even begin, hoping to block us into doing our own investigation and to trust their opinions instead.