IGNORED

Book of Enoch: Errors and Problems

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Yeah, it becomes apparent that "Enoch" isn't at all in harmony with Scripture like the other books of the Bible. I really cannot see where what we call "The Book of Enoch" would fit; I think we have yet to find the true version referenced in Scripture, if ever.

That's the problem when you only have one copy, and a dozen English "versions."   God gave us the Bible in a manner that is so unique to every other ancient writing, that there would be no mistaking what is Scripture from what is not Scripture.   Enoch isn't even good history, as most of the Pseudographical works are not good history.   It doesn't promote the glory of God, it doesn't teach salvation by grace through faith, it doesn't speak at all the redemptive nature of God, the sinfulness of man, there is no doctrinal unity between the book of Enoch and the rest of Scripture.  

The people who take the book of Enoch seriously don't promote the glory of God.  If anything, their focus is on fallen angels, who are the enemies of God and suddenly it is fallen angels, not God who gave us knowledge/wisdom, technology and helped us.   The notion that God created us with the intelligence to learn and understand the world He gave us, the notion that God, not fallen angels is our source of help and wisdom, knowledge and blessing is lost on those who promote the book of Enoch.

What's interesting is that no other Pseudographical work draws as much attention as the book of Enoch.   The book of Enoch fascinates those who are caught up in the mythology of extra-terrestrials and conspiracies like that. It takes peoples' eyes off of Jesus and the Scriptures.

The western world is fascinated by angels.  There is in the New Age, a obsession with angels.   Roman Catholics pray to Michael the Archangel, and there myriads of books about people who have alleged encounters with angels and there are books that teach how to have encounters with angels.  

The book Enoch incites a fascination with angels, but in a different way than the New Agey version of angels who are benevolent, loving, creatures that provide hope, healing and peace (stuff you're supposed to get through Jesus).   The fascination with angels on a conspiracy theory level is just one more branch of that fascination with angels, but with fallen angels.  And Satan, a fallen angel, has found a way to get men (many who claim to be Christians) to glorify fallen angels (Satan included) instead of God and they took the bait.   They are going to be sorry when they stand before the throne.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Hey Jude. You are on the right track.

"The people who take the book of Enoch seriously don't promote the glory of God." (Mr.357)

I do hope that this is not your view of those that do not agree with you Sir. (Mr. 357).

How many text books did you read at school that later were "updated"? How many news-casts have you read that were later to prove erroneous? How many translations of the bible have you read that say Yeshua was raised on a Sunday? The Sabbath was the day Yeshua was raised. (the second Sabbath of that week)
Maybe this single one issue tries to remove the deity of Yeshua and make God's prophesies all to no avail and rob Him of His Glory. 

If a simple fact such as Yeshua's resurrection were confused and anti-Semitic in modern translations, how can you say that people who find Enoch useful are not promoting the Glory Of God?

Go ahead. Try to argue belief and faith and God's Glory by manipulating a few words...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Tertullian directly addresses the issue:

But since Enoch in the same Scripture has preached likewise concerning the Lord, nothing at all must be rejected by us which pertains to us; and we read that “every Scripture suitable for edification is divinely inspired.” By the Jews it may now seem to have been rejected for that (very) reason, just like all the other (portions) nearly which tell of Christ. Nor, of course, is this fact wonderful, that they did not receive some Scriptures which spake of Him whom even in person, speaking in their presence, they were not to receive. To these considerations is added the fact that Enoch possesses a testimony in the Apostle Jude.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The people who take the book of Enoch seriously don't promote the glory of God.  .

This isn't true. The Book of Enoch it self actually Glorifies The Son of Man. I already proved this with the passages I quoted.

• Please Respond To Post 9 of this thread.

Edited by Jude1:3

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

This isn't true. The Book of Enoch it self actually Glorifies The Son of Man. I already proved this with the passages I quoted.

• Please Respond To Post 9 of this thread.

No, that is not true.  The book of Enoch has done nothing for the glory of God.  It serves no purpose but to serve the needs of those who are obsessed with fallen angels and Satan.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not true.  The book of Enoch has done nothing for the glory of God.  It serves no purpose but to serve the needs of those who are obsessed with fallen angels and Satan.

That claim has already been refuted.

Please respond to post 9

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Not successfully.

Yes it is.

Please respond to post 9.

Guest shiloh357
On 9/18/2017 at 2:26 PM, Jude1:3 said:

"Here is My servant, whom I uphold, my Elect One in whom I delight." • Isaiah 42:1

The use of "elect"  HERE is not the same as the use of "elect" in the New Testament to refer to believers.