• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

You posted:

"Jesus is not "elect"  in Scripture.   "Elect" refers to people God chose.   The Bible NEVER refers to Jesus by that term.   It would diminish His deity."

So I posted:

"Here is My servant, whom I uphold, my Elect One in whom I delight." • Isaiah 42:1

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

You posted:

"Jesus is not "elect"  in Scripture.   "Elect" refers to people God chose.   The Bible NEVER refers to Jesus by that term.   It would diminish His deity."

So I posted:

"Here is My servant, whom I uphold, my Elect One in whom I delight." • Isaiah 42:1

But what I was referring to was the doctrine of election.   The use of "elect"  in Hebrew in reference to Jesus, doesn't carry the connotation of the NT doctrine.   If it did, that would diminish His deity.

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Sigh. If only they were as fascinated with God  (especially Jesus Christ) as they are with "angels", perhaps we wouldn't be in such a mess that we find ourselves in now as a culture.

The Son Of Man is Referenced Many times in The Book of Enoch and says specifically that He Will Be Worshipped. 

Edited by Jude1:3

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

But what I was referring to was the doctrine of election.   The use of "elect"  in Hebrew in reference to Jesus, doesn't carry the connotation of the NT doctrine.   If it did, that would diminish His deity.

You said "The Bible NEVER refers to Jesus by that term".

So I'm showing you that it does.

Please Research this and you will see that The Book of Enoch Fully Glorifies God The Father And God The Son Many Times.

Hopefully someone else can chime in. I'm going to take a break from this thread. God Bless.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

Please Research this and you will see that The Book of Enoch Fully Glorifies God The Father And God The Son Many Times.

Hopefully someone else can chime in. I'm going to take a break from this thread. God Bless.

No, it doesn't glorify God and it doesn't have any earmarks of the Scriptures that do glorify God. 

6 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

You said "The Bible NEVER refers to Jesus by that term".

So I'm showing you that it does.

I know what I said and I clarified what I meant. 

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it doesn't glorify God and it doesn't have any earmarks of the Scriptures that do glorify God. 

Yes you are wrong. It Does Glorify God.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

10 minutes ago, Jude1:3 said:

Does THAT make it inspired Scripture?

We read in chapter 40 of the Book of Enoch...

1 And after that I saw thousands of thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, I saw a multitude 
2 beyond number and reckoning, who stood before the Lord of Spirits. And on the four sides of the Lord of Spirits I saw four presences, different from those that sleep not, and I learnt their names: for the angel that went with me made known to me their names, and showed me all the hidden things. 
3 And I heard the voices of those four presences as they uttered praises before the Lord of glory. 
4 The first voice blesses the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever. 
5 And the second voice I heard blessing 
6 the Elect One and the elect ones who hang upon the Lord of Spirits. And the third voice I heard pray and intercede for those who dwell on the earth and supplicate in the name of the Lord of Spirits. 
7 And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord 
8 of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden: ‘Who are these four presences which I have 
9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’ 
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days.

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God. 

chapter 48:1-3...

1 And in that place I saw the fountain of righteousness Which was inexhaustible: And around it were many fountains of wisdom: And all the thirsty drank of them, And were filled with wisdom, And their dwellings were with the righteous and holy and elect. 2 And at that hour that Son of Man was named In the presence of the Lord of Spirits, And his name before the Head of Days. 3 Yea, before the sun and the signs were created, Before the stars of the heaven were made, His name was named before the Lord of Spirits.

Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus. Jesus Himself claimed in Revelation 1:8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days? Lord of Spirits? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.