Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone know which time zone this thing is happening?

-Rev

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 9/20/2017 at 4:24 AM, Yowm said:

Thanks Yowm, great article. A portion of the same below, emphasis mine:

What Will Happen on September 23, 2017?
by Dr. Danny R. Faulkner on May 1, 2017
(Dr. Danny R. Faulkner holds an MS in Physics from Clemson University and an MA and PhD in Astronomy from Indiana University and taught at the University of South Carolina Lancaster for over 26 years.)

"..Recently at Answers in Genesis, we have begun to get inquiries about a supposed event of great prophetic significance on September 23 of this year. Many videos on the Internet are promoting this. On this date, the sun will be in the constellation Virgo (the virgin), along with the moon near Virgo’s feet. Additionally, Jupiter will be in Virgo, while the planets Venus, Mars, and Mercury will be above and to the right of Virgo in the constellation Leo. Some people claim that this is a very rare event (allegedly only once in 7,000 years) and that it supposedly is a fulfillment of a sign in Revelation 12.

Revelation 12:1–2 (ESV) reads:
And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.

...Many of the videos that discuss this have various embellishments, such as tying this event to the supposed rogue planet Nibiru or the tetrad of total lunar eclipses in 2014–2015. I’ve previously written about these other two subjects and found them wanting, so we ought to be wary about this one too.

...I first saw Jupiter when it was close to Virgo in 1969—I have watched Jupiter pass through four complete orbits since. This means that Jupiter appears in the part of Virgo corresponding to her womb, along with the sun in Virgo and the moon at her feet for a day or two every 12 years or so. The last time this happened was in 2005, so why was that event not heralded for its prophetic significance? I suspect that it is because YouTube was very new then, having started in February of that year. This year, with the huge popularity of YouTube, it is much easier to propagate these ideas.

...Since the claim that Leo has nine stars is false, the assertion that the addition of the three planets brings the total number of stars in Leo to 12 is false too. And how rare is this occurrence, to have these additional three planets in Leo at the same time that Jupiter is in Virgo? It isn’t that common, but it certainly has happened many times over the past 6,000 years, so the claim that this unusual event is so rare is false too. And how do we know that Jupiter must represent the child? There is no evidence for that either. Instead, this is a mere assertion that someone made, with many others repeating the claim. Based upon Revelation 12:5, most commentators think that the child was Jesus.
Some promoters of this supposed sign (for Sept 23rd) claim that the Hebrews associated Jupiter with the Messiah. Again, this is a conjectural assertion not supported by any facts. These sorts of claims amount to Rorschach tests—people tend to see in them what they want to see.

...I have identified several problems with the supposed sign of September 23, 2017. However, there are other, broader problems with it. One of the purposes that God ordained for the stars is for them to be signs (Genesis 1:14). However, to truly be a sign, shouldn’t such things be obvious, at least to a few people?

...Instead of setting dates, we ought to be ready for His return at any moment. Are you ready?

What sort of prophetic event is this sign supposed to usher in? Clearly, most people promoting this have in mind the Lord’s return. Some explicitly state this, but others, mindful of the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:36, are hesitant to make that claim, though their implication is clear enough. These sorts of claims or intimations have been made many times before. For instance, the four lunar eclipses during 2014–2015 caused many people to anticipate the Lord’s return then, but of course this did not happen. I suspect that the same will be true on September 23 this year. People who get excited about supposed signs miss the point that Jesus made (Matthew 24:36–51). Instead of setting dates, we ought to be ready for His return at any moment. Are you ready?"

--------------------------

Matthew 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

For those that might be interested in the midst of all this hubbub, I've been using been using a free cross platform (Linux, macOS, Windows 32&64 bit, Ubuntu) planetarium software called "Stellarium" for some years.

Check it out:
http://www.stellarium.org/

It's amazing what the good Lord does have up there for us to see at night! :) 

Gen 1:31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, B3L13v3R said:

For those that might be interested in the midst of all this hubbub, I've been using been using a free cross platform (Linux, macOS, Windows 32&64 bit, Ubuntu) planetarium software called "Stellarium" for some years.

Check it out:
http://www.stellarium.org/

It's amazing what the good Lord does have up there for us to see at night! :) 

Gen 1:31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

That is a really good program.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

It is false

Nothing will come as of September 23, 2017

I will comment on this Sunday September 24, 2017

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

It is false

Nothing will come as of September 23, 2017

I will comment on this Sunday September 24, 2017

The gist of Rev chapter 12 is Satan and his angels being forced into our dimension and locked here and making war with God's people.  How will you know if that happens or does not happen on Sunday morning.  If it was something that easy go see why put it in a relationship with a totally unique happening in the skies.  If it wasn't important for us to know why mention it at all?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

"How will you know if that happens or does not happen on Sunday morning."

Revelation 12 is a prophecy about what has and will take place related to Israel

The Lord's first coming, His ascension in the first century, and His return to bring the 70th week decreed for the nation which is still pending

The second part of this prophecy beginning in 12:6-12:17 is all about Israel in the coming tribulation

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ today you will be made immortal and will come with Him to bring the tribulation period to a closing   

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

On 9/19/2017 at 1:57 AM, shiloh357 said:

The Holy Spirit is God.  He was never "given birth."  He has always existed.   You are really engaging in false teaching and extremely sloppy handling of Scripture.

\

Zeroing in on this one point; I have heard this put forward before and it is demonstrably false when one reads= Scripture.  The Holy Spirit IS God, and God is the Alpha and Omega.  No beginning and no end.

4 minutes ago, Wanda01 said:

I'm quoting myself, versus editing my original reply, to elaborate that I first noticed his prediction a few weeks ago, when a family member posted a bunch of stuff on facebook, about his prediction. She seemed so elated that she was "getting out of here" (raptured) on the 23 September, when I reminded her of what the Word of God says.

I checked him out then, and discernment kicked in.

I've looked at a few things in answering the "who's responsible for this nonsense" question, and it seems he has flip-flopped and NOW says it's not exactly ending on 23 September, just the world as we currently know it. Lol. Ok.