IGNORED

False Prophecy: Sept. 23rd

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, other one said:

doesn't have anything to do with it Shiloh.     those numbers are an obvious translation/copying problem.  

How do you know that?  You have nothing to compare it against.   It's not like the Bible that has thousands of manuscripts you can compare.   You have a single Aramaic copy or two and thus no way to test its accuracy. 

Do we really want to get into Biblical translation and or manuscript differences.....      Not good for anyone.

You can't get into it because you don't have enough manuscripts of Enoch to get into that discussion.  And while that is not good for you, it's great for me because it proves my point about why Enoch isn't Scripture and can't be trusted, even as a history book.

And for your information they are doing so today as we write.....

That will be short lived since they don't have much of anything to work with.

I would recommend someone who has first hand information about that but the way she was treated the last time she was here keeps me from doing so...    and you personally was one of those people.   and for the sake of keeping things civil I'll let it go with that....  I would rather not let you push things into getting them deleted

I don't really care. We already have enough people dedicated to this Enoch hogwash already.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

This age won't end with a bang. It's a slow death. Painful. Long. Bloody. And except for those who pass before the beginning, NO ONE gets out early.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Does everybody forget we need the 1000 year millennial before the world is going to be changed?

To God be the glory !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

One day, someone rather sarcastic is going to tie shirts and pants to ballons and release them on one of these prediction days. :rollseyes: 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

How do you know that?  You have nothing to compare it against.   It's not like the Bible that has thousands of manuscripts you can compare.   You have a single Aramaic copy or two and thus no way to test its accuracy. 

You can't get into it because you don't have enough manuscripts of Enoch to get into that discussion.  And while that is not good for you, it's great for me because it proves my point about why Enoch isn't Scripture and can't be trusted, even as a history book.

That will be short lived since they don't have much of anything to work with.

I don't really care. We already have enough people dedicated to this Enoch hogwash already.

I just went to a conference with 9 very credible people speaking and 3,000 attending that disagrees with you.....   and their credentials are much more impressive than yours so I reject what you are trying to give to people here.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

27 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It was my job when I was in the TV industry to record and maintain the EBS alert tapes and slides for both of the stations I worked for.    Things were really spooky to listen to.    we went to great length to make sure they didn't accidentally get on the air.

In the late 1970's NORAD accidentally sent us a full nuclear war alert with all the correct passwords instead of a test.....    scared the you know what out of us.    We finally decided it was a mistake for it came at the exact time we usually got the test, but it was really stressful time in making that decision.   Had we aired the alert as we really should have by the FCC laws, no telling how many people could have been hurt or just died with a heart attack.   There were only about a half dozen stations that aired the alert across the nation.....   some poor airman got himself in a lot of trouble.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, other one said:

I just went to a conference with 9 very credible people speaking and 3,000 attending that disagrees with you.....   and their credentials are much more impressive than yours so I reject what you are trying to give to people here.

But that doesn't really mean anything.   You can't answer the substance of question.   I can point to HUGE problems when it comes to manuscript evidence and all you can do is claim that you listened to people with credentials.   All of the credentials in the world  doesn't erase the problem you are doing your best to ignore, since you cannot address it.  

I can appeal to Ph. D.'s who are experts in their field of research, who's credentials and weight of research probably  outweigh the snake oil salesmen you appeal to.  But that is neither here,nor there.   At the end of day, when it comes to evidence, you can't really address it, and neither can the people you listen to.  You cannot prove intellectually satisfying answers to the manuscript evidence. 

1 hour ago, other one said:

It was my job when I was in the TV industry to record and maintain the EBS alert tapes and slides for both of the stations I worked for.    Things were really spooky to listen to.    we went to great length to make sure they didn't accidentally get on the air.

In the late 1970's NORAD accidentally sent us a full nuclear war alert with all the correct passwords instead of a test.....    scared the you know what out of us.    We finally decided it was a mistake for it came at the exact time we usually got the test, but it was really stressful time in making that decision.   Had we aired the alert as we really should have by the FCC laws, no telling how many people could have been hurt or just died with a heart attack.   There were only about a half dozen stations that aired the alert across the nation.....   some poor airman got himself in a lot of trouble.

In the 1970s, in sitka alaska, a prankster decided to try and convince folks that a local mt fuji type volcano (mount edgecumbe) erupted for april fools. He got a bunch of tires up in to the crater, painted april fools on the snow, told various authorities so they wouldnt freak out, and set them ablaze. 

Unfortunately he forgot to tell the coast guard. Ap news picked up the story which went worldwide.

I met porky bickar in the 1980s, the mastermind behind the prank. It is listed among the top 10 pranks in the world. I cant post the link to it here because of language, but yall can google it. The one at hoaxes.com has one of the best descriptions of it, along with photos. 

Other one's post reminded me of that prank.