Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I laugh, but the tragic thing is that some folks bought in to this. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Sadly so Jade.... that is one reason I do not like these so-called "prophecies". And the ones who make them rarely own up to it; they just move along to the next one like nothing matters.

Then you might not like bible at all because  about 30% of bible is prophecy

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

21 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

Big difference between the real prophecies in the bible and the hokey ones like this end of world doomsday date setting prediction by this meade guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Big difference between the real prophecies in the bible and the hokey ones like this end of world doomsday date setting prediction by this meade guy.

No , Revelation 12 sign was fullfilled today  . If you are so sure about signs then can you find and show me Bethlehem star prophecy in bible in OT ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

No , Revelation 12 sign was fullfilled today  . If you are so sure about signs then can you find and show me Bethlehem star prophecy in bible in OT ?

Rev 12 is certainly a wonder and a sign of Israel and the birth and ascension of Jesus and likely nothing more. It's not a 'prophecy' and even if it was it would not be fulfilled in a configuration of stars and planets and constellations that has occurred several times in the past. So if it was fulfilled today then where is the woman that gave birth? And the dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns that is waiting for the man child? Where is that? And isn't the woman wearing a crown of stars? The alignment on Virgo is made of planets, not just stars, not an accurate fulfillment.  Virgo should be wearing a crown of stars, not stars and planets. So again, inaccurate. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Other one's post reminded me of that prank.

in the mid 90's on a cruise I talked to the helicopter pilot who supposedly flew him and the tires up there.  never knew if he was the real pilot, but oh my he could tell a story.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

He is talking about these modern false prophecies and false prophets.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

But that doesn't really mean anything.   You can't answer the substance of question.   I can point to HUGE problems when it comes to manuscript evidence and all you can do is claim that you listened to people with credentials.   All of the credentials in the world  doesn't erase the problem you are doing your best to ignore, since you cannot address it.  

I can appeal to Ph. D.'s who are experts in their field of research, who's credentials and weight of research probably  outweigh the snake oil salesmen you appeal to.  But that is neither here,nor there.   At the end of day, when it comes to evidence, you can't really address it, and neither can the people you listen to.  You cannot prove intellectually satisfying answers to the manuscript evidence. 

I'm not trying to make it scripture Shiloh but just accept the book as history.  I'm just pointing out that there are differences in the manuscripts for the Bible and considering the large difference in the different translations word wise it's easy for me to understand how something could add a few 0's to a copy.    You may reject a whole thing over one or two things but myself and millions of others do not.  I think the Bible doesn't give it a lot of detail because it was all common knowledge at the time the Bible was written, and it was covered in the books of 1 Enoch and the Book of Giants, which probably at one time was part of 1 Enoch.  People with a lot more knowledge than myself have written books about the subject and I don't have the time nor inclination to post the contents of whole books here....   and you seem to be reluctant in the past to get and read any of those books so I just have to let the others who are reading here decide whether or not your credentials are greater than those I have mentioned in the past and pick your stand over mine.  It appears that we will never change each others minds so let the reader decide.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, other one said:

I'm not trying to make it scripture Shiloh but just accept the book as history.  I'm just pointing out that there are differences in the manuscripts for the Bible and considering the large difference in the different translations word wise it's easy for me to understand how something could add a few 0's to a copy.   

First of all there are no significant differences in the manuscripts.  They all agree at all points of substantive comparison.   A few mispelled words and some word reversals like Christ Jesus instead of "Jesus Christ" and other minor scribal errors don't compare to the errors in the book of Enoch.   It isn't even good history.

Furthermore, you have no way of determining that it is even accurate history given that there is no manuscript evidence outside of the book of Enoch to compare.

The way we know the Bible's history is accurate is that we have found in other cultures the records of the same battles and personages, kings and other rulers, mentioned and mentioned in the same way the Bible records them.   They speak of Israel's victories and defeats.  We are able to corroborate the Bible's history with the history of the surrounding cultures.   The way we know if there is scribal error in a given text like the difference between 2000 and 20,000 is by manuscript comparison and being able to go with the majority.  

You don't have that kind of manuscript evidence for the book of Enoch, so you have no way to know if the history is accurate, or if fanciful claims  like 4500 ft giants is a scribal error, or was intentional.

You may reject a whole thing over one or two things but myself and millions of others do not.  

I am not rejecting it over one or two things. I am rejecting over a number of glaring problems that you want to sweep under the rug, because you don't have answer for them.

I think the Bible doesn't give it a lot of detail because it was all common knowledge at the time the Bible was written, and it was covered in the books of 1 Enoch and the Book of Giants, which probably at one time was part of 1 Enoch. 

The book of Enoch first shows up in the writings of Essenes. It even reads like an mystical essenic document.  They, not Enoch, are the authors and they were formed in the intertestamental period AFTER the OT canon had been fully written.   So the book of Enoch isn't exactly contemporary with the OT.   It was written after the fact, and so the Bible wasn't simply leaving it to the book of Enoch to fill in the blanks.

People with a lot more knowledge than myself have written books about the subject and I don't have the time nor inclination to post the contents of whole books here....   and you seem to be reluctant in the past to get and read any of those books so I just have to let the others who are reading here decide whether or not your credentials are greater than those I have mentioned in the past and pick your stand over mine.  It appears that we will never change each others minds so let the reader decide.

It is likely these people whom you put so much faith in can deal with the manuscript problems that exist in Enoch.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

No, it was not fulfilled today.  That sign occurs in the middle of Tribulation and we are not in the Tribulation, yet.