Is Yoga evil?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. I was diagnosed with OCD and especially two types of OCD: Scrupulosity and HOCD and the second is so intense that I just can't get the thoughts out of my mind. People on the forums for OCD recommended Yoga to me. Question: Is it evil? I've heard some people saying that Yoga can bring demonic influence to people.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I think doing yoga is fine and helpful.  Just not the meditation aspects that some people bring into it.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

16 hours ago, mat007 said:

Hi. I was diagnosed with OCD and especially two types of OCD: Scrupulosity and HOCD and the second is so intense that I just can't get the thoughts out of my mind. People on the forums for OCD recommended Yoga to me. Question: Is it evil? I've heard some people saying that Yoga can bring demonic influence to people.

OCD does not exist it's made up term , you might not be saved to begin with that's why you feel not secure i was like that too . No pills or doctors are going to help you but Christ himself. Doctors don't even know which pills make you not commit suicide and which do when they prescribe random you ones and they try to not make you kill yourself with these pills but make you feel relaxed . You could just simply drink one beer and feel the same but in long run these things won't help you at all .

Yoga is evil.

How to make sure you have Holy Spirit inside of you?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

If you believe that Jesus Christ is God , who came down to earth living perfect live and then died for your sins on cross , with his own blood(1 Peter 18-19)  paid price for you to be able to not suffer eternity in Hell and then rose third day from dead proving that he is God then you will be saved . 350+ fullfilled prophecy by Jesus Christ can be found here so you can believe in real Jesus and not some new age demons . http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

If you believe then you are sealed with Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14) and it's  free gift not by what you do , not by prayer not by charity and not by going to church ( Ephesians 2:8-9) . You do all these things after you are saved .

Then you can cry to God in prayer that he will help you fighting with these things that are bothering you , put faith in him and all will be ok , if you want to have peace go now and pray Our Father .

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, Giller said:

Do not practice yoga, and do not open yourself up to this type of meditation, you want peace of mind seek it from the Lord.

You want to do exercise, just do regular exercise.

Agreed. Partially.

I think we can get into symantics here.  What if the exercise/stretching you are doing, happens to be one that is called yoga in the class down the street.  

My point is I guess if you are intentionally going into looking for some higher spiritual association or whatever then that is wrong.  But if you are looking for ways to release stress and loosen up your body, I think the stretching really helps.  

Edited by da_man1974

1 minute ago, Davida said:

That is the point that it is- spiritual association whether the person is ignorant to it or seeking it, does not matter, and I cannot stress that enough. I experienced this first hand. In the spiritual dimension there is no excuses for the naïve or ignorant- if you by accident step into something or dabble by mistake-you will regret it and you will pay the consequences. Yoga is Not just "stretching" it is what Yogis do. Yoga is the training to do positions which are called asanas that are performed to open up energy channels (demonic spirit channels) & to invoke specific hindu deities (demons).  In order to train the body to get into these positions they teach a process of stretching & breathing exercises. Ignorance to it will offer you no protection.  It is the same in the physical realm. If you dive into shark infested waters- you will be shark food.

So how do you feel about acupuncture?

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

The same. Stay away from it. It matters what the sources of these things are- not how that some western medical professionals endorse them.

I guess the think I struggle with is the fact that you could do a yoga position and not even know it.  Like playing with a little kid on the floor and then before you know you are in the downward dog position.  Then you are doubly wrong because you may cause that younger one to stumble.  Or if my hip flexor hurts so I decide to stretch it by bringing my leg up like whatever that yoga tree position thing is to stretch it out.  I just think we may be getting a little legalistic about things.

Edited by da_man1974

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496

As someone who comes from India, I completely agree with the summary from gotquestions. My suggestion would be to stay away from yoga.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

OCD does not exist it's made up term , you might not be saved to begin with that's why you feel not secure i was like that too . No pills or doctors are going to help you but Christ himself. Doctors don't even know which pills make you not commit suicide and which do when they prescribe random you ones and they try to not make you kill yourself with these pills but make you feel relaxed . You could just simply drink one beer and feel the same but in long run these things won't help you at all .

Yoga is evil.

How to make sure you have Holy Spirit inside of you?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

If you believe that Jesus Christ is God , who came down to earth living perfect live and then died for your sins on cross , with his own blood(1 Peter 18-19)  paid price for you to be able to not suffer eternity in Hell and then rose third day from dead proving that he is God then you will be saved . 350+ fullfilled prophecy by Jesus Christ can be found here so you can believe in real Jesus and not some new age demons . http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

If you believe then you are sealed with Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14) and it's  free gift not by what you do , not by prayer not by charity and not by going to church ( Ephesians 2:8-9) . You do all these things after you are saved .

Then you can cry to God in prayer that he will help you fighting with these things that are bothering you , put faith in him and all will be ok , if you want to have peace go now and pray Our Father .

OH NO!!!! OCD does exist.